1 (edited by Inluvwithjoe 2018-05-27 12:29:17)

Topic: Austin May 25, 2018

I just got back from traveling to Austin from Oklahoma. I saw Joe at the ACL back in 2013 and had front row seats. It was so exciting to be in the front row that I always wanted to return to that venue. And was hoping since I was redeeming a Lithograph and put my request in on the first day of fan pre-sale, I would get front row seats this time. I always thought that lithograph buyers were priority along with PBS contributors. I was wrong and very disappointed.
Not only were my seats up in the mezzanine, but the Meet and Greet was awful! AWFUL! It was 95 degrees outside and that is where we instructed to wait for Joe. OUTSIDE! I got there a little early, my own fault, so we waited an hour for the meet and greet to start. I was pouring sweat as were many others. I do not understand why it had to be held outside, in 95 degree weather? I paid a lot for my Peter Max lithograph and if I had not paid so much, I would have just walked away without the meet and greet!
I will never buy another lithograph! I redeemed one other lithograph a few years ago and got front row seats in Oklahoma City. I was under the impression that a lithograph pretty well assured front row seats. I guess I was wrong. I won’t make that mistake again.
I have one more lithograph left to redeem and when I do, I will not ever go back to Austin. And I will not buy anymore after I redeem that one.
The concert was good but I was so upset with the meet and greet in 95 degrees and my “far from front row seats”, I did not enjoy it as much as previous concerts ( I have seen him 19 times, including 4 Red Rocks shows).
I know I will catch flack for this post, but so be it. I have been a fan since 2005. I have promoted him and Street Teamed for him. So I am only complaining because I feel like I have a right to.

If you are reading this Joe, I hope you enjoyed the Chateau Montelena wine I gave you. There was also a belated birthday card in the sack with the wine, I am not sure you caught that. If not, I am sorry I did not hand it to you personally.
Happy Belated birthday!

Nancy in Oklahoma

Re: Austin May 25, 2018

Inluvwithjoe wrote:

I just got back from traveling to Austin from Oklahoma. I saw Joe at the ACL back in 2013 and had front row seats. It was so exciting to be in the front row that I always wanted to return to that venue. And was hoping since I was redeeming a Lithograph and put my request in on the first day of fan pre-sale, I would get front row seats this time. I always thought that lithograph buyers were priority along with PBS contributors. I was wrong and very disappointed.
Not only were my seats up in the mezzanine, but the Meet and Greet was awful! AWFUL! It was 95 degrees outside and that is where we instructed to wait for Joe. OUTSIDE! I got there a little early, my own fault, so we waited an hour for the meet and greet to start. I was pouring sweat as were many others. I do not understand why it had to be held outside, in 95 degree weather? I paid a lot for my Peter Max lithograph and if I had not paid so much, I would have just walked away without the meet and greet!
I will never buy another lithograph! I redeemed one other lithograph a few years ago and got front row seats in Oklahoma City. I was under the impression that a lithograph pretty well assured front row seats. I guess I was wrong. I won’t make that mistake again.
I have one more lithograph left to redeem and when I do, I will not ever go back to Austin. And I will not buy anymore after I redeem that one.
The concert was good but I was so upset with the meet and greet in 95 degrees and my “far from front row seats”, I did not enjoy it as much as previous concerts ( I have seen him 19 times, including 4 Red Rocks shows).
I know I will catch flack for this post, but so be it. I have been a fan since 2005. I have promoted him and Street Teamed for him. So I am only complaining because I feel like I have a right to.

If you are reading this Joe, I hope you enjoyed the Chateau Montelena wine I gave you. There was also a belated birthday card in the sack with the wine, I am not sure you caught that. If not, I am sorry I did not hand it to you personally.
Happy Belated birthday!

Wow Nancy, what a horrible report, so sorry!  I can see front row isn't necessarily a guarantee but there's no possible excuse for mezz seats for a litho redemption!!!  And I haven't heard of an outdoor M&G.  Extremely sad treatment for such a devoted long time fan.  I obviously realize J&R isn't able to customize the evening for anyone but I am totally disappointed for you. And then to give Joe a bottle of wine that set you back as much as your show ticket... I bet next time will be better.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Saw Joe last summer in Hyannis, MA. and the Meet and Greet was outside. Tickets were great and while waiting for M&G got to hear sound check. Maybe I got lucky. Will say the M&G has changed since Joe has gotten bigger. At last people still have a opportunity to meet him.

4 (edited by RickB 2018-05-27 08:41:10)

Inluvwithjoe wrote:

Happy Belated birthday!

Sorry to hear. I recall another who redeemed at that venue and got nosebleed too. It may be a venue issue. GOA seat assignments are made by availability at time of redemption. They maynot hold primo seats on reserve, or high rollers in Texas may have first dibs.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Too bad about the Seats with the litho, they ain't cheap.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

No flack from me.
I believe you have every right to be upset.
The system has failed you, hope you have a better experience next time round.
I am reminded of The Who song...
“Won’t get fooled again “.

Lester

sally12333 wrote:
Inluvwithjoe wrote:

Happy Belated birthday!

Wow Nancy, what a horrible report, so sorry!  I can see front row isn't necessarily a guarantee but there's no possible excuse for mezz seats for a litho redemption!!!  And I haven't heard of an outdoor M&G.  Extremely sad treatment for such a devoted long time fan.  I obviously realize J&R isn't able to customize the evening for anyone but I am totally disappointed for you. And then to give Joe a bottle of wine that set you back as much as your show ticket... I bet next time will be better.

Hi Sally!
Sounds like you are familiar with the price of the wine I bought for Joe! That was another reason I did not walk away at the meet and greet. What was I going to do with that expensive wine? So I stayed.

I am assuming the venue had a lot to do with the whole seating and meet and greet, but I sure was hoping for a better experience.

RickB wrote:
Inluvwithjoe wrote:

Happy Belated birthday!

Sorry to hear. I recall another who redeemed at that venue and got nosebleed too. It may be a venue issue. GOA seat assignments are made by availability at time of redemption. They maynot hold primo seats on reserve, or high rollers in Texas may have first dibs.

Rick!
I think you nailed it! As most successful artists are moving towards selling the best seats for much more money, so is Joe! I should be happy that he is successful enough to command high prices for the closest seats but it is hard not to be upset.
It kind of feels like the earlier fans (long time fans) are being pushed to the back (almost thrown out with the trash) to make room for new fans. I understand it but it is hard to take.
I guess I better start saving up for a front row seat one day.

Congrats to Joe on being successful enough to command top dollar for the best seats!  Joe, just please do not forget your oldest fans.
We are all happy for all the success you have experienced!

bob13 wrote:

Saw Joe last summer in Hyannis, MA. and the Meet and Greet was outside. Tickets were great and while waiting for M&G got to hear sound check. Maybe I got lucky. Will say the M&G has changed since Joe has gotten bigger. At last people still have a opportunity to meet him.

Thanks for the reply!
This was my 6th Meet and Greet and the first held outside. If I had known it would have been held outside in 95 degree weather, I would have saved it for another time. I just had no idea it would be held out in the heat the way it was.

Inluvwithjoe wrote:
bob13 wrote:

Thanks for the reply!
This was my 6th Meet and Greet and the first held outside. If I had known it would have been held outside in 95 degree weather, I would have saved it for another time. I just had no idea it would be held out in the heat the way it was.

Nancy sorry your experience was not what you expected. The reason it was outside is they always have them in the lobby. The lobby at Moody Theater just happens to be outside. The heat was worse in San Antonio Saturday 99 degrees but the Majestic has a beautiful and large lobby. Lithos do have priority but Austin market is always a tough market for seat availability. The venues themselves have the ability to hold certain seats for season ticket holders or the like and in that small theater Joe's guest holds account for many times more than they can actually hold. In the past Joe has played multiple shows in Austin just to accommodate demand there. This year they chose to play two nights in San Antonio which may have been worth the 1.5 hour further drive if you had known. I have learned over the years what markets have limited guest holds or at least a demand that exceeds the supply of the best seats held. Austin is crazy for Joe and not just the music fan but the musicians all have ties to Austin. Reese, Michael, came up through Austin so it is a hard place to get guest listed. I don't even try myself. That is why I chose San Antonio this year along with the fact  my 40th Anniversary was Friday the 25th and my lovely wife although loves Joe really wouldn't be impressed with spending that special day at a Joe concert.

Thanks Jim
I appreciate you taking the time to explain the different situation the Moody Theatre has compared to other auditoriums.
I understand now why the meet and greet was done outside now and also my seat location.
I just wished I had known before I had arranged to redeem that lithograph in Austin. A lesson learned, no doubt.
The funny thing about that meet and greet is that we had debated walking, as we were only 4-5 blocks away but it was so hot we took an Uber. I did not want to get sweaty before the meet and greet! Ha! That went out the window!
I do hope Joe somehow knows just who gave him that expensive wine that day. The card I had made for him was in the bag holding the wine but got lost in the confusion.
Thanks again!
Looks like I owe an apology to Street Team Eric and Tamara at J&R!

Nancy in Oklahoma

Venue aside, it's been stated here in the forum that Litho and PBS sales are in first 10 rows.

I dont think you owe them an apology,
Someone that buys a limited edition very expensive litho should be somewhere in the first 10-12 rows

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)