Topic: JB the new JP or better?

HI,I am a dinasaur living in ABBAland, and for the last 35 years thought that JP NOT EC was god!(hence the monika) but now I have discovered Joe Bonamassa! Halleluha!!!! I heard Joe play Tea For One and thought hey this guy is pretty good,so Iwent and bought the dvd (waited 6 weeks for it!!) THEN WENT AND BOUGHT THE REST
Now there is no going back,this guy is f...... ACE! Whats the chance of an album with Paul Rodgers? Now that would be something

Re: JB the new JP or better?

ZOSO wrote:

HI,I am a dinasaur living in ABBAland, and for the last 35 years thought that JP NOT EC was god!(hence the monika) but now I have discovered Joe Bonamassa! Halleluha!!!! I heard Joe play Tea For One and thought hey this guy is pretty good,so Iwent and bought the dvd (waited 6 weeks for it!!) THEN WENT AND BOUGHT THE REST
Now there is no going back,this guy is f...... ACE! Whats the chance of an album with Paul Rodgers? Now that would be something

that would be cool hearing joe with paul but (the big but) i think that would take something away from joe . joe is a great player and his voice is also very good i know he puts alot of time into staying in key with his voice to what he is playing you can just tell by listening to his music . don't get me wrong paul is also great and i love to listen to him also but i would keep them doing there own thing and maybe if there tracks cross and they meet up at a festival or something like that they can do a few songs .well there is my 2 cents on it ....joe

Welcome Zoso and so it goes on and on and on.........
All the people who hear about Joe for the first time are blown away, I was too 4 years ago.
You're very welcome on the forum! All great musiclovers overhere who know a lot about the real good music.

At the Bospopfestival a few weeks ago Joe played and Paul Rodgers played, but did nothing together. I think their styles are too different, Joe is at his best alone, he has that unique voice too. 2 such good singers is too much for one band.

Andre Wittebroek.

ZOSO wrote:

Hi ZOSO

Same for me really.

I have had only two truely life changing musical events.............loads of nearly so......but the first one was hearing Led Zeppelin for the first time - at my school after hours club about 1969 and hearing Joe for the first time (on CD) in 2005 in Antwerp.

Strangely though, I don't like Tea for One much on the YAM album. I think it's the singing ??

I also love what Paul Rogers has done over the years - I saw Free live at Sheffield University in about 1971 ish.........the memory fades re the dates but I remember watching Paul Kossoff very clearly. Saw Zep at the same venue as well in about the same year.

Anyway, welcome to the forum smile

HI and thanks for your hospitality in welcoming me to the forum,its nice to communicate with people who appreciate GOOD music, although Ì am a Zeppelin die hard (saw them 72 & 79) I am also a lover of  good blues rock ( e.g.The late great Rory Gallagher whom I saw with Taste  I.O.W. 1970 & SOLO 74) so Joe Bonamassa is like a breath of fresh air of which  I hope continues for many years. I mentioned Paul Rogers as an old fella`s fantasy not meaning to imply there is anything wrong with Joe,he can easily hold his own with the best
Best Regards Bob (alias zoso) 50 something living Sweden (blame the wife for that bit!!!)

ZOSO wrote:

Hey ZOSO.....love the "monika"  (sorry Clinton fans.....it was there, I couldn't pass it up...)

Anyway.....don't hit me or nothin', but I never liked Jimmy Page.....wait, that's not true.  I loved the eary stuff.  But as time went on, I got a little jaded with his playing.  And by the time The Firm's "Radioactive" video came out (I think that was the one...), I was wishing Les Paul was playing lead, and Jimmy Page was tending bar.....Les Paul was the bartender in that vid.....

Don't feel bad, I take a lot of heat for thinking Peter Green was/is the best.....

At least we can agree on JB, huh??  He's a legend waiting to happen.....

They're at home still runnin' for bells
Better San Juan
Than that blue collar hell

Hi ZOSO..ABBA land, scary!!! You will find other dinosaurs here so don't let that worry you. Ah, the first time you hear Joe!! That's a moment that does indeed change your life! Recharges your battery!! Another great Joe fact is that fans come from all genres..that's pretty rare...Can't wait for you to have your Bonabaptism..please get to a show asap..You will never be the same....Cathy