Topic: My new Fuzz/Octave Toy...

It's a wonderful Hendrix machine. I've recorded a quick video today:

https://youtu.be/A01T53X8GpE

Re: My new Fuzz/Octave Toy...

Well as always I love your playing but I have to admit I'm not in love with this particular pedal and I'll tell you why.

Maybe it was coming through your Two Rock and it would sound better through a Marshall, but I found the pedal 'colored' the sound of that beautiful strat so much that if I closed my eyes I would never have been able to tell if you were playing a Les Paul, SG or Strat. There is about a four second part where I can hear the strat but the rest of the time, it could be anything. So I think the maker of the pedal needs to find a way to allow the beauty of the guitar to come through without 'coloring' the tone. With the distortion turned down it was the same. I couldn't hear the strat tone shining through.

Anyhow just my two cents. I love the reviews you do on these pedals and hope you keep them coming. You do a great job not to mention it is really helpful in discovering new gear! tongue

3 (edited by Jimi75 2017-07-28 14:42:33)

Re: My new Fuzz/Octave Toy...

NickelWound wrote:

Well as always I love your playing but I have to admit I'm not in love with this particular pedal and I'll tell you why.

Maybe it was coming through your Two Rock and it would sound better through a Marshall, but I found the pedal 'colored' the sound of that beautiful strat so much that if I closed my eyes I would never have been able to tell if you were playing a Les Paul, SG or Strat. There is about a four second part where I can hear the strat but the rest of the time, it could be anything. So I think the maker of the pedal needs to find a way to allow the beauty of the guitar to come through without 'coloring' the tone. With the distortion turned down it was the same. I couldn't hear the strat tone shining through.

Anyhow just my two cents. I love the reviews you do on these pedals and hope you keep them coming. You do a great job not to mention it is really helpful in discovering new gear! tongue

Thanks a lot for your kind words. I find it very interesting what you write! Actually, sometimes I feel the Texas Specials being a little to hot. The pedal feels very natural though. I've played it through a Marshall and it sounded a little more hollow. The Two Rock is a very warm sounding amp. However, I will tell the pedal maker about your comment. I love that pedal, but I also understand what you mean/hear.