Topic: Who's going to Saratoga Springs or Syracuse?

I'm combining some long overdue vacation with some Joe B shows and never been to either area. I'd love some local suggestions for hotels, sites to see, places to eat, etc. Maybe meet up pre or post show for a bite. I can check the web, but thought some like-minded blues fans would be better! Feel free to PM me if you're so inclined. BTW, been seeing Joe since 2006 but admin here never responded so I had to start a new account, seldom post but been on this forum 5 years or more. A few folks on here who can vouch for me ;^)
Cherri from Baltimore

Re: Who's going to Saratoga Springs or Syracuse?

Hi Cherri!  I am not going to either show, will be doing Philly in November.  But I am from the Syracuse area and the venue he is playing is new and I wish I was going.  Close to the lake, I'm sure it will be a night to remember, enjoy!  For some good eats, Dinosaur BBQ is wonderful and not expensive.  Take it to go and then go over to Onondaga Lake and enjoy a picnic and walk around the park.  Have a great time!

Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground
Mother Earth will swallow you
Lay your body down
from CSN

ducgrrl wrote:

I'm combining some long overdue vacation with some Joe B shows and never been to either area. I'd love some local suggestions for hotels, sites to see, places to eat, etc. Maybe meet up pre or post show for a bite. I can check the web, but thought some like-minded blues fans would be better! Feel free to PM me if you're so inclined. BTW, been seeing Joe since 2006 but admin here never responded so I had to start a new account, seldom post but been on this forum 5 years or more. A few folks on here who can vouch for me ;^)
Cherri from Baltimore

I'll be at the Saratoga show. Its a great outdoor venue and I was also at last years show. Downtown Saratoga is loaded with shops and restaurants. SPAC in located in a historic park and its worth getting there early to check it out.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

4 (edited by Rocket 2017-08-10 21:05:03)

Rusty wrote:
ducgrrl wrote:

Cherri from Baltimore

I'll be at the Saratoga show. Its a great outdoor venue and I was also at last years show. Downtown Saratoga is loaded with shops and restaurants. SPAC in located in a historic park and its worth getting there early to check it out.

Saratoga Springs is one of the best summer hangs "Bar" none.  If you're a local you can trip on the Jerseyikes actually making fantastic or feeble successes creating a Northern New York comfort zone (or wrecking others' )! tongue
Seriously, a great time town.  Always has been.
As good as going to the beach without getting wet (from seawater).  wink

Rock ON & Keep The Partay-kable Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Saratoga was a great time. We had at first not planned to go, but a friend had bought tickets and then later panicked that she really needed that money instead, so we bought them off of her. Turns out they were fantastic seats, front row center. Don't know how she had managed to get those. Then someone gifted her 2 tickets right before the show, so she ended up being able to go. So it was a win win all the way around. Really glad she ended up getting in. I like the Saratoga amphitheatre because it has a low stage so if you are in the front you can actually see. Unlike Portland, ME which was so freakin' high I could barely see at all being in the front. Not to mention all the people who were constantly coming up to the front to take photos blocking everyone's view. Live and learn. At Saratoga, the front row is right up against the stage so no one can stand in front of you. Plus Joe's parents were at the Saratoga show which always makes Joe play a little harder. It was a really warm humid night and Joe was sweating like mad. Totally drenched his suit. It was great show and the band were all really into it. "Breaking Up Somebody's Home" was off the hook. Joe even did a bit of his "marching" that he used to do when he really gets into something. I filmed the whole show and I've put it up as a complete movie. https://youtu.be/-wobyvfVhLo

Natasha, I had no idea that you too were from Maryland when I came up to you at the Portland show and said hi. I think I asked you whether you were Jane, whose name I had seen often as well, looking at your pix now, I'll recognize you both next time. I did not see you at the Saratoga show, but agree it was much better not having people blocking the view. Any chance you'll be in Louisville in two weeks? Cherri

nmagcorn wrote:

Saratoga was a great time. We had at first not planned to go, but a friend had bought tickets and then later panicked that she really needed that money instead, so we bought them off of her. Turns out they were fantastic seats, front row center. Don't know how she had managed to get those. Then someone gifted her 2 tickets right before the show, so she ended up being able to go. So it was a win win all the way around. Really glad she ended up getting in. I like the Saratoga amphitheatre because it has a low stage so if you are in the front you can actually see. Unlike Portland, ME which was so freakin' high I could barely see at all being in the front. Not to mention all the people who were constantly coming up to the front to take photos blocking everyone's view. Live and learn. At Saratoga, the front row is right up against the stage so no one can stand in front of you. Plus Joe's parents were at the Saratoga show which always makes Joe play a little harder. It was a really warm humid night and Joe was sweating like mad. Totally drenched his suit. It was great show and the band were all really into it. "Breaking Up Somebody's Home" was off the hook. Joe even did a bit of his "marching" that he used to do when he really gets into something. I filmed the whole show and I've put it up as a complete movie. https://youtu.be/-wobyvfVhLo