Topic: Bourbon and Beyond Appearance

Looks like Joe will be playing at the Bourbon and Beyond festival in Louisville, Kentucky on September 24th, 2017!

http://bourbonandbeyond.com/

Re: Bourbon and Beyond Appearance

Anyone else going? I'm travelling into town solo for this event.

I'm going. The lineup was too good to miss and Joe was the icing on the cake that made the decision. I've always wanted to see him outdoors and Red Rocks never seems to work out for me. I think it will be a blast.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Spirit and BarbieD, I tried to message you each, looking to meet up before or at the fest. Anyone else going? Looks to be a huge event, it would be great to circle the wagons and set up a home base.

Hey ducgrrl,

I'm just now seeing this post. Sorry I missed you!

ducgrrl wrote:

Spirit and BarbieD, I tried to message you each, looking to meet up before or at the fest. Anyone else going? Looks to be a huge event, it would be great to circle the wagons and set up a home base.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

A quick review of Joe at Bourbon & Beyond - AMAZEBALLS!!! Best hour of tunes at the show IMO. Oppressive heat made things difficult on Saturday but we upgraded to VIP for Sunday and things were much better. We were able to sit in the shade, had good access to food and cold water and let's not forget air conditioned bathrooms! All of this meant I could conserve energy for Joe's performance.

We wove our way up to the second row behind those who were right on the rail. I was finally able to jump, dance, scream and yell all I wanted to during a show and you better believe I did! It was great fun! Joe seemed to be enjoying himself - was laughing and smiling at random things on stage. Set list was a POWER HOUR that included This Train, Mt. Climbing, Blues of Desperation, Boogie w/ Stu, No Good Place for the Lonely, Last Kiss (OMG) and How Many More Times. This was easily one of the most powerful performances I've seen. A great way to celebrate my 20th show!

Icing on the cake - we met some fellow fans in the VIP area who had never seen him live. We took Sherry along for the ride to the front and she had a blast. I was so happy to get her up there so she could see everything. She had told us that every day when she gets up at 7:30 she turns on the Joe and leaves it on all day. A woman after my own heart! lol 

Festivals such as this are not my scene and I'm not sure I would ever do it again but it was all worth it after seeing Joe play.

Oh, and we had a great tour of Churchill Downs over the weekend, too.

One more show next month and then I'm done for this year.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

BarbieD wrote:

Last Kiss (OMG)

The new version does totally slay, doesn't it? big_smile

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Right on, Coach! I never thought I'd hear that song live. There's always hope for oldies to be revisited!

Coach305 wrote:
BarbieD wrote:

Last Kiss (OMG)

The new version does totally slay, doesn't it? big_smile

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

No good place for the lonely https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCFDruwR1bA