Topic: Orpheum Minneapolis March 17 2017

I have been to 20 or more live shows and Im always blown away by this band . Joe was feeling much better than he was in Chicago and man did he rock . I tell everyone I know about this band . You see , its not just Joe Bonamassa . Granted , he is the high powered engine of this band . But anyone that appreciated music quickly learns that with Joe , its ALL about the band . This freaky band is as good as you will find on the planet . I sat about 7 rows deep just right of center stage . I have sat in the first row many times also . But the point is , get as close as you can so you can see what these incredible musicians are actually doing . What they are doing is making the most powerful right on time music you will ever hear . The whole band was the definition of precision . Its not too anything . Its just damn perfect is what it is . The power that this band plays with is nothing short of NUCLEAR . I know I like a  song  very much when after Joe goes off on a three min guitar solo and returns to the vocals and I didn't even remember what song he was playing . Those are moments of sublime enjoyment for me . When I can get lost in the long instrumental riffs of the band for 3 or 4 mins only to be surprised by what song they were actually doing when the chorus kicks in . These boys and girls are playing live music in beautiful vintage venues all over the world . Their playing it at a level that is not kid stuff . This is a professional touring band that I don't believe can be matched by anyone right now . So get yourself a ticket or two and go see what Im talking about here . Not sure how long this ride will last but its kicking on all cylinders right now . I don't even know hoe many shows Ive been too . Its not about being the ultimate Bonamassa groupie . Its about telling everyone I know that loves music . Don't look anywhere else till you go see Mr. Bonamassa and whatever band he has with him . Because its really something special . Over and Out till next time . All I can say  is PHEWWWW !

Re: Orpheum Minneapolis March 17 2017

Nice and passionate review flatsman! Makes me even more anxious and excited to wait for my first show to see. And what a beautiful words you have for the band. I like them a lot too,   especially Michael Rhodes.

Thanks for the awesome review!

I am hooked, my wife is hooked and just today I had a cousin tell me they are now hooked as well.

I am still digging into the vast catalog since I am a newer fan and my "favorites" change every week smile

4 (edited by reo l 2017-03-19 22:18:04)

"I am still digging into the vast catalog since I am a newer fan and my "favorites" change every week "  -

Hi Spirit! As a newer fan also I understand you a lot. Can not get enough and never get tired of listening.

(this is my latest craze - an earlier concert, like it so much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-FQwprH8cw

reo l wrote:

"I am still digging into the vast catalog since I am a newer fan and my "favorites" change every week "  -

Hi Spirit! As a newer fan also I understand you a lot. Can not get enough and never get tired of listening.

(this is my latest craze - an earlier concert, like it so much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-FQwprH8cw&t=2771s )

Yes, I am wearing YouTube out!