Re: Buck & Evans

Off to see Chris and Sally-Ann at Newcastle in a few days, continuing their Write A Better Day tour... Just thought some would also be interested in that Chris is featured on a couple of tracks on the new, solo album Myths, Legends & Lies by Tyketto's Danny Vaughn

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Newcastle Cluny2 - 13th July

A month earlier than the norm for the 4th visit to Newcastle for Buck & Evans, but that didn’t stop another sell-out show for the band.

I don’t know what new I can say about thet these guys, you really need to experience how they can turn out such a spellbinding and jaw dropping show from what seems like an air of almost casual chaos. I mean, a certain guitarist forgot to bring along his acoustic guitar, so the first 3 numbers were dropped which meant that Slow Train was the first out the station, but it was hauling better than any Union Pacific… And that was the way it went on, most of the songs from the Write A Better Day album, several that didn’t make it (but hopefully for album 2 - Driving Up To Bob's, tentative title once if the Pledge debacle gets sorted) as well as old faves from the earlier EPs. And pleased to report Dreams to Remember was back in the set. All these songs interspersed by their banter and at one point what seemed to be Sally-Ann’s impromptu Dr Who audition - “the polarity’s reversed on the keyboard sustain”, We’ll let you know, But once sorted she tapped into something deep and it was as if Aretha Franklin was leading Deep Purple. If that wasn’t heavy enough, Bob & Dominic at one point started off into Run To The Hills - Sally-Ann v Bruce Dickinson? Interesting… As ever, Chris was in blazing form on guitar, slow-burning, emotive aural sculptures quickly turning to mind-blowing assaults on the ears. I just don’t know how they do it, between songs they are so casual, so relaxed, then almost before Bob hits the snare they arejust so amazingly locked in and tight; superb chemistry as well as awesome musicianship.

Nope, don’t think I can say anything new except roll on next year, and Chris, we’ll be holding you to the kazoos…

PS - debut album availability, or not.... it is,  and has been available at shows (and vinyl), but they can't "release" it as they're one of  the many bands caught up in the Pledge Music debacle.

November 2019
Nov 15 Fri Cardiff, Clwb Ifor Bach
Nov 16 Sat Liverpool, Jimmy's
Nov 19 Tue London, 100 Club
Nov 23 Sat Glasgow, Cathouse Nightclub
Nov 29 Fri Birmingham, The Castle & Falcon
December 2019
Dec 12 Thu Reading, The Facebar
January 2020
Jan 11 2020 Manchester, Night & Day Cafe
Jan 18 2020 Newcastle upon Tyne, The Cluny & The Cluny 2