1 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-07-24 09:46:08)

Topic: MTV wants to remind us how they helped kill music :) - "MTV Classic"

(Not entirely - some real talent can still rise through the cracks - thanks Joe!)

I see promos on VH1 Classic running that starting August 1st (2016) ... VH1 Classic will become MTV Classic.

Good-bye airings of Crossroads Festivals (in SD smile) ... good-bye re-runs of That Metal Show (Eddie Trunk did sport the long sleeve BCC shirt a time or two on the show) ... good-bye Behind the Music re-runs of Ted Nugent (with brief Joe appearance).

Hello TRL and Beavis re-runs ...

Video Killed the Radio Star ... smile

MTV Original Broadcast 8/1/1981 (2 minute snippet)
https://youtu.be/XBf0yJVMSzI (Michael Rackoff)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

2 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-08-02 09:43:16)

Re: MTV wants to remind us how they helped kill music :) - "MTV Classic"

Jane H. wrote:

i haven't watched enough of it to really notice if MTVLive is much different than Palladia that it took over.

mumble rock n roll mumble

I would say MTV Live has the same programing as when it was called Palladia (thank goodness) ... I'm guessing parent Viacom wants to get the MTV name out there more .. hence VH1 Classic to MTV Classic ... but in that case .. they did change up the programing ... looking at the grid guide ... some early videos ... and some early MTV shows ... so it appears MTV Classic wants to relive the time when they stopped being "MTV"  big_smile

I did have MTV Classic on this morning getting ready for work ... they were airing some videos ... and this gem was the last one I heard while leaving ... now the musical phrase "Like Frankie said I did it my way!" is my ears bug for the day! big_smile

https://youtu.be/vx2u5uUu3DE

Mumble. smile

CoolTV looks cool! ... never heard of it b4 I don't think.)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Re: MTV wants to remind us how they helped kill music :) - "MTV Classic"

I've been quite concerned that since Palladia became MTV Live, it's just a matter of time before that channel goes to non-musical garbage programming as well.  So far it's mostly the same, although I have noticed that they've now starting playing pop, hip-hop & r&b videos earlier in the day now.  I'm guessing that's the virus that will eventually spread and kill it too.  The "MTV" brand is a disease.