1 (edited by gary 2016-06-17 21:47:20)

Topic: The Record Company Give It Back To You

Very good and Kool new album
surprised no one has posted about this here
real groovy songs keep your feet tapping.
Kind of raw stripped down sound with some heavy bass grooves to ride on.
Very much blues rock with some a dash of souls and rockabilly.But catchy songs all the way
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jzpM78C7-0w

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Re: The Record Company Give It Back To You

Agreed.... Awesome album!
Bought this and King Mud's album on the same day, another great find.

Was in the Tahoe/Truckee area for a couple days and heard a cut from them on the Truckee FM station, which is pretty "free form". Really liked it and want to hear more. Ballsy name too!

Back From The Lake Of The Sky,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Hey thestepchild this an old post for the Record  Company
Still digging them !

Your rock candy baby

My wife and I are always looking for new Blues acts to latch onto.
We listened to the Record Company all summer on XM radio.
I noticed they were touring through New England including playing at a club in Providence.
We took a chance and were not disappointed. The day prior the band had played as part of a music festival on the Boston Common. We get to see them at a night club in Providence with maybe 75-100 present.
A lucky strike as you will not see these guys in a club any longer. Rock on Record Company!

Rhoovis wrote:

I noticed they were touring through New England including playing at a club in Providence.
We took a chance and were not disappointed. The day prior the band had played as part of a music festival on the Boston Common. We get to see them at a night club in Providence with maybe 75-100 present.
A lucky strike as you will not see these guys in a club any longer. Rock on Record Company!

I knew they were coming to San Francisco Nov. 19, this coming Sat. night a few months ago. I stalled on grabbing tix and it's totally sold out now. I'll just have to keep listening to the CD I picked up last week.

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:
Rhoovis wrote:

I knew they were coming to San Francisco Nov. 19, this coming Sat. night a few months ago. I stalled on grabbing tix and it's totally sold out now. I'll just have to keep listening to the CD I picked up last week.

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda!!!

J Dawg

Just go, J Dawg, and try to get a ticket at the venue!!! It's not only that you miss The Record Company. You will miss The Marcus King Band too . . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNAbRqqQ6EA 
I saw The Record Company last year supporting Blackberry Smoke and this year for a whole show in April at a small venue in Hamburg. And today it's two weeks ago that I was in Berlin to see The Marcus King Band on their first European Tour. It was so worth it!!!

I just saw your post. Not on here that much. Seen them twice, once opening for Jonny Lange. Met Chris Vos at both shows. Once walking around Portland Maine. Very personable guy.

gary wrote:

Still digging them !

"Is it the new blues mobile or what?"                                                                                                                                                                                                     "Fix the cigarette lighter."

thestepchild wrote:

I just saw your post. Not on here that much. Seen them twice, once opening for Jonny Lange. Met Chris Vos at both shows. Once walking around Portland Maine. Very personable guy.

gary wrote:

Still digging them !

Nice! haven't had the chance to catch them live.I think I heard they are due for a new album.

Your rock candy baby

They recorded last album in the bass players living room. When talking to them they said they got the name for the band because they knew they would have to do it on their own. I just like how stripped down in your face they are.

gary wrote:
thestepchild wrote:

gary wrote:

Still digging them !

Nice! haven't had the chance to catch them live.I think I heard they are due for a new album.

"Is it the new blues mobile or what?"                                                                                                                                                                                                     "Fix the cigarette lighter."

I really dig The Record Company's blues material, but they do a great job with this music too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3to8s6eKxOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGZUSrj3dko