1 (edited by LesPaul4 2016-06-07 16:56:56)

Topic: JOE BONAMASSA SKINNER BURST PICKUP SET

Looks like they are ready!!!!

http://customshop.seymourduncan.com/joe … ickup-set/

I need to order a set...

Now becomes a question of do I take the SDJB (Magellan) out of my RI58 and put this set in or put it in my gold top Traditional?  What a terrible problem...

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

Re: JOE BONAMASSA SKINNER BURST PICKUP SET

well it is ready for pre-orders...nice

Why do things like this always come out when I can't afford them :-(

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Thx for the info....
I was told the 1st 100 sets already sent to the dealers

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Take you time with the rest of them Seymour....take your time....

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional

Adrian J wrote:

I wonder how these differ from the Bonamassa sets from 2012?

A Gibson Les Paul, Marshall Amplifier, Bottle of Jameson, Pack of Marlboro Lights and A Zippo lighter....  What else is there?

Joe,

Would love to hear any feedback from you on this set of pickups as well as how they sound different from the previous set from SD....

Thanks,

Barry

59lespaul wrote:
Adrian J wrote:

Can't remember now which burst the originals were based on? Was it Magellan?

9 (edited by jbyrd1 2016-06-13 17:38:05)

59lespaul wrote:
Adrian J wrote:

This set should be a bit hotter. I have had a couple of different sets of the 2012 run, and currently have them in my 2003 R7 gold top. Most of this run was around 7.5-7.7 on the neck and 8.0-8.2 on the bridge. The Skinner set looks to be around 8.5 neck and 8.9 bridge, so it should be a bit more aggressive or "hotter" if you will. This seemed to be the only thing that some people that bought the original set wanted.

Also, this set uses an A3 magnet in BOTH the neck and bridge pickups. The original set had an A2 mag in the neck pickup. This should make the neck pickup a hair brighter in the Skinner set.

It should be a very nice, balanced set that is a little hotter and brighter than the original. Maybe Joe will chime in and confirm or correct.

I believe you are correct jbyrd. I have a set of 2012's, and I've been on the fence about putting them in my R9, but this was too tempting, I had to get in line and order a set. I will be putting these in the R9, cant wait.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Rusty wrote:

I believe you are correct jbyrd. I have a set of 2012's, and I've been on the fence about putting them in my R9, but this was too tempting, I had to get in line and order a set. I will be putting these in the R9, cant wait.

Right there with you! I ordered a set last week myself. Anxious to hear the difference in them. SD rarely disappoints. They should be great.

My set are on order, aged nickel of course. Who will be installing there's into the Skinnerburst Les Paul...?

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

13 (edited by airportdon 2016-07-12 09:01:36)

Pit Bull Audio still has some left...the Zebra ones are already gone.
     ( they had 4 sets of each Zebra, Black & Aged  in stock.....:)
https://reverb.com/item/2509602-seymour … -set-black

https://reverb.com/item/2503373-seymour … set-nickel

My set arrived, #162. Aged Nickel covers, they look the business...

Going to fit them into my Skinnerburst, well would be rude not to...!

On a similar note, I have a set of SD Saturday Night Specials arriving today, not sure what to fit them in. I have a '75 Flying V which just may suit them... any thoughts...???

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

My set are on order, aged nickel of course. Who will be installing there's into the Skinnerburst Les Paul...?

I received my set two days ago. I will not be putting them in my skinner serial #1 it sounds great like it is. I think I will put them in a R8 I have

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

I received my set two days ago. I will not be putting them in my skinner serial #1 it sounds great like it is. I think I will put them in a R8 I have

I received mine a week or so ago. I have been swamped at work and haven't had a chance to put them in anything, but most likely it will be either my 2003 R7 or my 2013 R9. For the record, my set is #188.

My set, #178, arrived last week. Time permitting, I'll be installing them in my R9 this coming weekend.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Rusty wrote:

My set, #178, arrived last week. Time permitting, I'll be installing them in my R9 this coming weekend.

congrats...do you know if there still a contest when you buy a set and register for a Les Paul..I can't find the link