Re: Thanks to Jim M for all his years of moderating this forum

jim m wrote:

jamesrossadvertising?  Googled them and they specialize in Gorilla Marketing.

I noticed that as well and left me with a wtf feeling.

Thanks for all time you spent watching over us kids here.
Now really who's gonna  move this post up to General Topics where it belongs?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

21 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-05-04 18:41:07)

smile'd for you just watching this ... says it all!!  (Hope the Facebook link works):

https://www.facebook.com/jim.moody/vide … mp;theater

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Thanks Jane ...

PS jim .. hope u pulled out #52 yesterday for just a moment ... she helped to make a big day in BonaHistory 7 years ago yesterday!!

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Thanks Jane ...

PS jim .. hope u pulled out #52 yesterday for just a moment ... she helped to make a big day in BonaHistory 7 years ago yesterday!!

It was latter on the 4th before I realized the significance of the day. I was trying to get back to normal after a four day weekend. I had family in from New Mexico that are Joe converts and Colin my son who now lives in Dallas came up for the show to catch up with band and crew. It has been almost a year since he retired from the road.

May has many dates that are significant to my Joe journey. I first saw him May 11th 2002, we had his 30th Birthday here in 2007. This show marked a milestone selling out the Civic Center for the first time. May 3rd in Oklahoma is usually equated to disaster since one of the most deadly tornados in history hit Moore Oklahoma.

We all know that Joe usually has a loosely scripted speech when he finally speaks to the crowd. He seems to deviate from it when here. Last time in 2012 he gave me a shout out which totally took me by surprise. In previous shows he has told the story of blowing the power during his 30th BD party and causing 5K dollars’ worth of damage. Slight exaggeration but it made for a memorable night.

Now that I no longer actually promote the shows I just get to come and hang out and have fun. Getting a little shout out from the stage is icing on the cake.

24 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-09-05 10:27:01)

A bit Off Topic ... just wanted to post in and ask jim m how things are going in your area after the Earthquake (9/3/16)?

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

A bit Off Topic ... just wanted to post in and ask jim m how things are going in your area after the Earthquake (9/3/16)?

Just got back from New Mexico where I was when the quakes hit. My son called me the morning they did to say it had woken him up with the most violent shaking he had ever felt and he had felt the one in 2011 that was about the same magnitude. I was in NYC for that one so the largest I had felt was 2913 4.3 and that was freaky.

The house was fine. Nothing on the floor or new cracks in the sheet rock. It was centered about 65 miles from me and figure we will feel some aftershocks now since they have been recording several measuring 3.0 since then the last being 3 pm today about 45 miles away. I have my earthquake insurance policy in force and my 3 day emergency supplies just in case the next biggy, for here that is, hits anytime soon.

Thanks for checking on me.

Glad to hear Jim! ... I remember feeling the brief one here in NJ a few years ago (center was near VA I believe) ... think they said it was measured at 2 or so here ... and just feeling that little thing for all of a second was unsettling.

Best wishes with the aftershocks ... and although #52 has lived through a few knocks ... I trust she's off the wall / stand .. and safe in her case. smile