1 (edited by nmagcorn 2016-03-18 14:01:08)

Topic: Thanks to Jim M for all his years of moderating this forum

Just wanted to give a shout out to Jim M for all his years of doing an excellent job moderating this forum. Not sure why he has been removed from the moderator list, but just thought he deserved a thanks for a job well done. He has always been fair and kept things running smoothly. It was nice knowing that someone who has been friends with Joe for such a long time was at the helm. Not sure what changes are ahead, but I will miss Jim being there to take care of things.

Re: Thanks to Jim M for all his years of moderating this forum

Yes, thanks JimMoody......very fair from the begining.....also cut Shreddy some serious slack on more than one occasion!

Yes, thanks Jim!
This seems very "Jim like", posting the news in an obscure section of the forum unlikely to draw much attention, lol.

Honestly Jim, you've been an extremely objective, fair moderator.
You're leaving some big shoes to fill.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:

Yes, thanks Jim!  You're leaving some big shoes to fill.

+1!

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Bill S wrote:

Yes, thanks Jim!
This seems very "Jim like", posting the news in an obscure section of the forum unlikely to draw much attention, lol.

Yeah, I had no idea he had put something there. And even when Jane pointed it out, it still took me a while to find it even though I was right there looking at it. Obscure indeed, lol.

nmagcorn wrote:
Bill S wrote:

Yes, thanks Jim!

Yeah, I had no idea he had put something there. And even when Jane pointed it out, it still took me a while to find it even though I was right there looking at it. Obscure indeed, lol.

Obscure, but always informative and (cue Snagglepuss voice),
fasci-cunatin, eve unnnnhh!!

That's why he's simply the Best Of Oklahoma, Aunt Bea.  We go way back all forums, so, that's why I'm all for 'im!  Wayback Machine back yonder even before Opie and Andy...course I've was always dopey Barney incognito roll (roll eyes, roll Don Knotts style).  Discipline, Andy!  Gotta nip it in the bud! lol

Anyway, it's always a huge pleasure knowing jim m could be "on" anytime.  When he speaks, I like to listen. wink

Rock ON & Keep The Friendly Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

You certainly did hide that well! I didn't discover this place until 2007 - and then lurked for a very long while.  Because of this forum and all the (mostly) wonderful folks on here the last 9 years has been quite an adventure for me, and many others.  I have always appreciated how much you put in to this place, not an easy task I am sure, and sometimes downright impossible.  This place is indeed a treasure and I hope it will continue in its current form and character for a very long time.  Thanks for it all.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

yep, as Rocket summed it up, it's like the really old EF Hutton commercial if any of you are old as me. Always interesting, succinct, to the point, fair about what needs to be dumped...... Jim has done it all for a long time and I also want to say thanks, hope you can stay here for a good while longer.
Now, send me one dem onion burgers don here in Bama.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

I have to thank him too.  When I was having difficulties getting accepted into the forum, he really helped me out.

Yes, lets raise a glass and toast Jim For the outstanding job he did.

Roy

Joe is the Best!

BluesMan wrote:

Yes, lets raise a glass and toast Jim For the outstanding job he did.

Roy

How very nice to see you pop your head in Roy.
Thanks again to the man who kept it together.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

well shartbiscuits, did not realize he was gone and I am here almost every day.........what a real bummer, will miss him for sure.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

ahsmith33 wrote:

well shartbiscuits, did not realize he was gone and I am here almost every day.........what a real bummer, will miss him for sure.

He's gone from being moderator, but hopefully will continue to post

An ugly job, but somebody had to do it and Jim did it well!

Thanks Okie!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Jim I hope your absence is only temporary.

I will also add my thanks - Jim was there for me when i needed him - no need to mention any name - he'll know who i mean!
THANKS JIM!!
You will be missed.

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

17 (edited by jim m 2016-03-30 05:26:37)

Thanks for all the kind words.

Habits are tough to break although I now classify myself a lurker. I do find it ironic that the forum has been fighting spam for 10 years and we now have spam moderating. wink jamesrossadvertising? Googled them and they specialize in Gorilla Marketing. Somebody may need to explain to them how that is supposed to work.

I somehow think the place is on auto pilot let's just hope it isn't being run from Malaysia.

Hope everybody did good on the pre-sale today. Red Rocks, Dallas, Tulsa for me now that I don't have to watch the place I'm free to travel about the country. Anywhere Southwest goes that is.

jim m wrote:

I somehow think the place is on auto pilot let's just hope it isn't being run from Malaysia.

I do believe you are right. A number of threads have been posted as spam and not been dealt with and that spam moderator added today, shows anyone can come in and do whatever. Poor forum. Hope it all remains civil with no sheriffs in town.