Topic: JB signed Les Paul on CL

Legit?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ms … 54062.html

I'm not a buyer, but if any place can be counted on for verification/removal it's here!

Re: JB signed Les Paul on CL

Signature looks legit

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Watch out what you buy. You can get a new one for $1100. Seems like someone got a used one signed with the hope of flipping for more cash. Makes my blood boil.yes I could be wrong
Proceed with caution, ask questions get educated on what is being sold

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Well in Canada.. a $1,000 for a used Studio is about the right price.. might be a different story in LA though.

2 things I think is interesting
Why is he selling it without the case???
and second
the ad only talks about Joe, doesn't state what year or model of the guitar.
A gold top with single coil P90's , I would suspect that it was the model that Gibson called a 'Tribute' 50's & 60's neck profile a few years back.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Called a Les Paul Futura:

http://www.google.com/url?url=http://ww … s-_dsTBV5w

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

airportdon wrote:

Called a Les Paul Futura:

http://www.google.com/url?url=http://ww … s-_dsTBV5w

yup

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

so just to be clear this is not one of the original 300 from the custom shop guys it is as stated a Futura. I just want those that do not realize it understand what they are getting and understand they can get a new one for $1100 or so
cheers Ron

DougH wrote:

Well in Canada.. a $1,000 for a used Studio is about the right price.. might be a different story in LA though.

and second
A gold top with single coil P90's , I would suspect that it was the model that Gibson called a 'Tribute' 50's & 60's neck profile a few years back.

It is a very poorly done ad, a copy and paste paragraph about Joe, and not one word about the guitar and its condition. I would advise caution..

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

9 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-02-12 18:06:23)

Noticed it on ebay yesterday ... before this Thread started.  Seller has 38 feedbacks (100%) ... history shows the sale of a couple of guitars and gear ... ebay'in since '00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLD-GIBSON-LES … SwG-1WvSqh

Just chiming in ... lurked ... but haven't posted in a couple of days smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

DougH wrote:

and second

Ad says "includes case"...

11 (edited by Rusty 2016-02-14 16:39:41)

The ebay ad is identical to the CL ad, neither has any useful information about the guitar, just a copy and paste paragraph about Joe. Even if I was interested in it, the poorly done ad would be enough to prevent me from bidding.

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

I don't mind that it's a less fancy unbound Les Paul, but signing the body seems to make it less of a player, no?

Just re-read the ad
Seller has changed it to include that it's a 2014 with case

Before it said without case and no model year,
Funny, is he reading our posts here??

pat6put6man wrote:
DougH wrote:

and second

Ad says "includes case"...

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)