Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Have any of ya'll listened to the new Jeff Beck yet? I am loving it.

"This train don't stop for no one" - JB

brian.reiser wrote:

Have any of ya'll listened to the new Jeff Beck yet? I am loving it.

Going to have to class it as "a grower". Appreciate Jeff's going against the norm, but hasn't yet grabbed me. On the good side, there's no Nessun Dorma but on the bad side, there's no A Day In The Life either.

Ty Curtis - Blame Me I do recommend.
Ty is one of those rare players; he’s never made a bad album yet he always finds a way to progress, something new to tighten up, somewhere to experiment and expand the envelope. Once again he’s done it with this latest release. He opens with a couple of powerful, raw rockers then shows he’s not afraid to put he heart on his strings. Then before it all becomes a touch mawkish, we get a light reggae flavour before closing with a couple of powerful bluesy numbers, the first tipping its hat to Fleetwood Mac, and the last blazing out with a Santana-esque fury. Superb stuff.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Jesse Davey's "Big Blues"  is spinning at work this morning.

1974 Montrose "bad motor scooter"....R.I.P Ronnie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk52nGxF-jc

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Simo, at the HI-Fi in Indy. Crushing it live in concert.....

White Bird - Palace of the King (Aussie band)

1971 Humble Pie ..."Rolling stone".....very young 20-21 yr old Peter Frampton....
- the mics fail around 10.25 for the last chorus, near end of song.....
This song rocks hard...one of the best live bands of that era.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct … 1328,d.eWE

The latest Cheap Trick album...best in years...fun.

Murfdog

25 Years - The Producers (feat Harry Skinner & Dave Saunders)

Well, their “silver” album (even tough it’s only been about 12 or so albums), and their first since the titanic London Blues. And how do you follow a release like that? Strictly speaking, they haven’t; what we’ve got are 4 brand new tracks, including the stormin’ Change, Change, Change and the hypnotic Bees & Honey (the guitar riff says Tequila and the keyboard riff says What I Say, and combined it just drives). Then we get a handful of covers that over the years have been live staples to The Producers’ shows, but never recorded until now; superb rendition of Blind Lemon Jefferson’s One Kind Favour and a subdued Van Morrison Moondance. All these have a more back-to-basics feel than the London Blues studio sessions, which the guys revisit in the form of 4 live demo sessions for the 2011 album.

It really harks to the Blues Brothers sort of sound & feel, tight band with a Stax style horns; honest, gutsy and loads of class. Not the usual sort of fireworks, more like one of those fire-walking pits - linger to long and things start happening to your feet.

5,500 (edited by BansheeUK 2016-08-22 03:54:55)

Big Feat - Big Feat E.P.

Caught this Swansea quintet at the week-end, and was, well, impressed enough to buy their debut, eponymous E.P. and the only thing stopping me from playing it to death is the other one I bought the same evening… Their style of music, I think you can pretty much guess from their name; 5 guys, seasoned in a blend of James Gang, 38 Special, Lynyrd Skynyrd, deep fried in Allman Brothers and topped with Black Stone Cherry; finger-pickin’. ear-licking good…
E.P. has three really strong tracks, ‘Til The Sunrise, Real Love & Coming Home. I wished I had better chance to get the guys names, but I’d recommend, if you like Southern Rock with your Blues, keep an eye open for these guys, their hitting the ground running.
Let Me Know (from Bristol) - www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxICOMrHSz4

Buck & Evans - Music from The Coach House E.P.

The reason why Big Feat isn’t being played to death, it’s fighting the interchanger with this. Chris & Sally-Ann have several E.P.s doing the rounds, so you get what you can at their gigs I suppose. This is the one that features the almighty Slow Train, but Run Cold is no “b-side” of a track, and the unplugged Screaming is breath-taking. These guys must get in the studio for a full album p.d.q.

KALEO...." NO GOOD"

local station has been playing this...check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqpW0IWPYdU

Cover Me Up - Jason Isbell

Phantom Bride (feat. Jerry Cantrell) - Deftones

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Frank Zappa/Mothers..."Cosmik Debris"......live

p/s check out Frank's Sg (-mini toggles on pick guard) which Gibson later did a limited run of 400...I wonder if Dweezil has this original one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp6LT2MdaPI

Paybacks a #@$@#/Blackberry Smoke

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

this might be one of the greatest songs ever composed, big fan in spite of his antics and beechyness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYyVxQgnhDo

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Bruce Springsteen's tribute to David Bowie

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … h-20160117

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Have Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds Skeleton Tree on right now.  One of the most heartbreaking, harrowing and compelling 39 minutes of music I have ever heard.