Topic: What song are you listening to right now?

I know I know, the obligatory thread, but I'm bored. Right now, it's The Fire Down Below by Bob Seger. What are you cranking out right now?

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

The last thing I listened to before I turned in last night was Rory Gallagher live at the Bottom Line NYC 11/11/78 off of wolfgangsvault.com. Took a little while to get to sleep after listening to Rory shred.

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

3 (edited by HF 2007-07-26 11:08:40)

Live in Studio with Bonnie Raitt / Lowell Geroge / John Hammond and Freebo
FM broasdcast from Ultrasonic Stuios Oct 17,1972. Amazing quality for this peroid and it's classic Bonnie and Lowell.

Up next is Jon Amor (The Hoax) cuts from his first two CDs after the Hoax disbanded.

HF

BluesMan wrote:

"Reconsider Baby" from Joe's live show at Ram's Head 10/27/04 courtesy of Nancy. Too bad I'm at work so I can't crank it like I normally do at home or in the car. "So please reconsider baby, and give yourself a little more time........." Does it get any better than that?

Roy

no it doesn't! That's one of my favorite all time shows I think Joe did. I have that on cd too. It's almost like my sovenier because he played in Appleton WI on 10/17 i think and the setlist was the same. Every track on that show was just amazing.

Right now Im listening to Mumbling Word off of Blues DLX

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I've got "Cripple Creek" (The Band) playing, right now. Great song, greater band!

Early 80's 1957 U.S. Vintage Reissue Stratocaster (Surf Green)-Warmouth Soloist  Pearly Gates Neck, Pearly Gates Bridge- Larrivee D-03 (Mahogany/ Spruce)
Carmen Ghia Head- Marshall 112 Cab W/G12H 30  or  Custom 4 X 6v6 Head  or  Budda Twinmaster Plus Head-Traynor 212 Cab w/Eminence Texas Heats. 
Mo'D-Eternity-Blues Pro- Timmy-BYOC Chorus/Vibrato- TC SCF- Korg DT 10 Pedal Tuner

Steel Pulse - live recording from 1984 in paradiso, it was broadcasted again a few weeks ago, put it on CD. Already recorded it on cassette in 1985.
Lovely, relaxed reggea.

For all livemusiclovers:

www.fabchannel.com  is a very interesting new site. It has I think 700 live recordings all from Paradiso Amsterdam.
I heard about it 2 days ago and very good!!!

Andre Wittebroek.

BluesMan wrote:

"Reconsider Baby" from Joe's live show at Ram's Head 10/27/04 courtesy of Nancy. Too bad I'm at work so I can't crank it like I normally do at home or in the car. "So please reconsider baby, and give yourself a little more time........." Does it get any better than that?

Roy

Yes, it could possibly get better...if Joe was playing it for me in my backyard!! LOL

Isn't that show just the sh*ts?? I have got to listen to it at least once a week, sometimes for days on end. I just LUV "Reconsider Baby".

I'm just saying.

Since seeing Frank Marino last Saturday, I've been rolling the Frank Playlist on the IPOD.

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" one of their best. I am at work but I still listen to music when I can.

Paul

I was just jamming along with SRV's "Dirty Pool", or trying too at least ;...now it's "32-20 Blues" from Gov't Mule's Live With A Little Help From Our Friends.

-Ben

JB Shank Hall 06, thanks Roy.   Also working on slave song off Larry Carltons Fingerprints.

Ain't Nothing Wrong With That by Robert Randolph & The Family Band. That whole cd is killer.

well right now i have on gov't mule 6/10/07 and i am up to endless parade nice slow bluesy jamming tune .............joe

Been jammin "Live and Dangerous" by Bryan Lee !  Never heard of him until KWS's "10 Days Out", but I just love his style of playin" !

Brett - Glad to hear you're listening to the Braile Blues Daddy - he's from my hometown.
In fact he used to tune our piano many years ago. 
Jaci

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind.  Mick Jagger

Brett,  I was listening to that exact CD in the car.  Bryan is one of my favorites.  If you ever have a chance, make sure to go see him.  Bring your dancing shoes.  I don't know if you can make this or if this is even close to you, but he is going to be at The Bowl Full of Blues Festival  in Newton Iowa on 7/28(tomorrow).  You'll love his music but you'll love the man more. I know I do.  If you don't have it, make sure to get Bryan's "Live at the Old Absinthe Bar"  There is a Friday one and a Saturday one. There is guest appearances by Kenny Wayne, Frank Marino, and James Cotton.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

Johnny Winter - The Good Love

Joe Louis Walker......"She's my money maker"

Going to see him tonight, taking the wife and meeting up with the "Dawg"