Re: What song are you listening to right now?

I saw this last night on Conan as well and they totally killed it! Great tune, and Dhani seems like a really down to earth guy too!

Angela wrote:

Let It Down  ~  Dhani Harrison - I thought this was a fab performance, sent little tingles down my spine.  I felt like I was listening to George. I know they look alike, but never realized how much they sound alike!

http://teamcoco.com/video/dhani-harrison-let-it-down

I saw Dhani Harrison with Ben Harper and Joseph Arthur, the project was Fistful of Mercy, and they really were amazing. Great performers, great artists and great guys. Really down to earth. They did the last song totally unplugged, at the side of the stage...it was like to be listening to a normal street band playing in the central place of your town. BUT it was pure magic, all love, feelings and passion...

I had another proof of it last year when Joseph Arthur toured Europe only in small(very small)  theaters. I saw him play in front of 50 people and the place was sold out!!! After the show he stayed with us, and the great idea was that he recorded the entire show and gave us a double cd of the evening, burned right away in front of us.

It's this kind of artists that make you like music, because you can see how much they love it too.
At the end of the day it's not money or fame, but the pleasure of playing and have other enjoy great music and passion with you.

During the whole concert i was so near to him that i could have undone his shoelaces. I will never forget an experience like that.

Fender John Mayer, Clapton CS, Ash Tele Am. Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul std. 2005, Es-335 Bonamassa (JB328), Warren Haynes; PRS Tremonti 10 Top; Asher Ben Harper Sig. / Martin D41; Taylor 914CE; Takamine TNV460SC; Rockbridge SJ & 000-12/ Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature V3; Marshall TSL100; Fender Twin Reverb '65; Orange Tiny Terror, Blackstar Artisan 15 Combo.

Catfish Blues - Gary Clark Jr (live album)

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for sharing your story. What a surreal experience. Because of your post I was checking out some of their music on youtube. Dhani has really blossomed into a talented musician. I saw Ben Harper once as a guest of Bonnie Raitt's, he is the real deal as well.

What an awesome experience for you~getting a CD of the performance afterwards and the small setting and good vibes.  Yes-pure magic!!

Stefan76 wrote:

I saw Dhani Harrison with Ben Harper and Joseph Arthur, the project was Fistful of Mercy, and they really were amazing. Great performers, great artists and great guys. Really down to earth. They did the last song totally unplugged, at the side of the stage...it was like to be listening to a normal street band playing in the central place of your town. BUT it was pure magic, all love, feelings and passion...

I had another proof of it last year when Joseph Arthur toured Europe only in small(very small)  theaters. I saw him play in front of 50 people and the place was sold out!!! After the show he stayed with us, and the great idea was that he recorded the entire show and gave us a double cd of the evening, burned right away in front of us.

It's this kind of artists that make you like music, because you can see how much they love it too.
At the end of the day it's not money or fame, but the pleasure of playing and have other enjoy great music and passion with you.

During the whole concert i was so near to him that i could have undone his shoelaces. I will never forget an experience like that.

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Hi Angela,
i like Ben Harper really much. He is really like our beloved Joe: great artist/musician, a guitar geek and a really nice person!
And as for Joe, Ben can't seem to be able to stop and have some rest. Always at work with new music, new bands and new projects. His acoustic evenings are really amazing, and is "a cappella" singing is incredible. He can really fill a stadium with his only voice.

And like Joe's, Ben Harper goes with heart and passion, where many others goes with marketing and making money.

They do not need commercials or advertising or big investments, they let their music and hard work do the talk, and they can reach the heart and soul of the people that still want to hear good music and enjoy it with friends and family.

These are the artist to look for, to inspire the new generations, not only of musician, but of real people.
With Passion, heart, devotion and hard work from everyone, this world would be a lot better. This is the force of music, it can really reach the soul of people and make them want to be better persons.

Fender John Mayer, Clapton CS, Ash Tele Am. Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul std. 2005, Es-335 Bonamassa (JB328), Warren Haynes; PRS Tremonti 10 Top; Asher Ben Harper Sig. / Martin D41; Taylor 914CE; Takamine TNV460SC; Rockbridge SJ & 000-12/ Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature V3; Marshall TSL100; Fender Twin Reverb '65; Orange Tiny Terror, Blackstar Artisan 15 Combo.

Thorazine Shuffle. Mule!
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

No Sinner - "Love is a madness"

Jimi75 wrote:

Just looked this up on a whim... great track!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Jimi75 wrote:

The entire album is awesome. So raw and pure a real gem.

Jimi75 wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Jimi75 wrote:

Agreed, very good album. The singer has released a solo album which I believe is quite different to the No Sinner sound.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/See-About-Rain- … n+rennison

Another band worth checking out are 68-75
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_vqFlG_o8A

Just found this on YouTube... Jimmy Barnes and Joe Bonamassa - Stone Cold

I'm not allowed to post links yet, but search for this on YouTube:  IyXFHr5jylI

Will take you to the video.  Good track.

Jimi75 wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Jimi75 wrote:

Just checking out the album now, sounds great. I was a bit put off by the redneck feel of the album cover, but glad I got beyond that! And a nice bit of trivia - I discovered that No Sinner is the singer's name (Rennison) backwards smile

Die Alone - Astral Doors

Ben Poole - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

Recorded last October by the BBC at the Blues event down at the RAH, Ben really steps up to the plate and delivers a flawless gig. The ever present Sam Mason by his side (reminiscent of Matt & Johnny) and with Craig Bacon & Matt Beable on the back line Ben has a superb band to lead, and he runs through a great set of his favourite originals which stand up along side covers such as Mr Pitiful and Have You Ever Loved A Woman.

Having seen 2 2hr ben shows, first grumble is that the CD is too short, but in fairness, it probably covers the set time he was given, and he packs in as much as he possibly can. Biggest miss though is Ben’s storming take on Hey Joe, and there’s me not a Hendrix fan…. However, by way of compensation, there’s a new studio cut as a bonus track - Starting All Over Again - which see’s Ben aided and abetted by Steve Amadeo on bass, Bob Fridzeme on keys, and that man Wayne Proctor behind the drum kit and production desk down at Superfly.

Interesting note - just keeping things “in the family”, the album front and back photo was taken by a certain Martin Lewis. Great image.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

I want to know what love is - Ryan Adams (superb cover of Foreigner song endorsed by Mick Jones)

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ryan-ada … m=referral

ahsmith33 wrote:

Looked them up as well, very impressed with the couple tunes including Boo Hoo Hoo. Love her voice and she's hotter than Georgia asphalt in mid-July. thanks Jimi.

Jimi75 wrote:

Liked it.  Bought it. Thanks.

B.B. King:  Lucille

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y8QxOjuYHg

Latest news: B.B. broke off his actual tour and 8 upcoming concerts because of weakness. He`s at home now and feeling O.K.

All my best and a speedy "energizing".

JB: "Chains & Things" epic and uberawesome version from Tour De Force  at Shepherd's Bush Empire. Wished to hear that from the setlist Springtour 2015 with those horns.