Topic: The man in black is back

Two shows in Germany,17th and 18th June and one in the uk, date and venue to be announced ( not Monsters of Rocks)
The shows are billed as Richie Blackmore's Rainbow & guests

No matter how far you try to push the envelope, it remains stationery

Re: The man in black is back

Relayer wrote:

Two shows in Germany,17th and 18th June and one in the uk, date and venue to be announced ( not Monsters of Rocks)
The shows are billed as Richie Blackmore's Rainbow & guests

Greatest guitar player and best live performer I've ever seen.  Just waiting to see where and when the UK show will be to decide whether to hit that and/or the 2 Germany shows.

Hearing 'Child in Time' from 'Made in Japan' in around '73' was the game-changer for me in musical terms.

I think the uk date is announced on the 2nd November

4 (edited by Relayer 2015-11-02 12:14:29)

Genting Arena, Birmingham -25th June 2016

Tickets on sale Friday 6th November

*** Planet Rock will have a pre sale starting on Wednesday 4th November ***

I'n not really sure why he is doing it. He can only lose really can't he? Even if it is a great show everyone will still say he is a shadow of what he was, even if he isn't. I mean, there will be this huge wave of affection for him (misplaced) and if he is true to form he will just ignore it.

Of course, if he can still PLAY like even 45 year old Ritchie it will be something to see. I suspect he has still got it....the chops I mean. But has he got the temperament....oh no...he never did! He must need the money bad. Or his mega ego is in really bad shape. I can't imagine him doing this for fun. I guess four shows is not long enough for the paranoia to set in.

He'll have a great band. Singer wise....Hmmmm. I'd love to see him with Cormac Neeson of The Answer. Myles could do it, but his association with Slash probably rules him out. Ritchie says someone new.....
Maybe he has found someone in the Phillippines....oh no... that was Journey already!

But all joking aside.............just to see him thunder through 'Stargazer' again.......

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

It shouldn´t be STARGAZER - this is too much Dio!
No one else can sing it...

Doogie White would be great, but I don´t think this will happen...
I heared rumors about J.L.Turner ...

Ritchie has already said that he has a new singer (scandanavian I think) with a voice in between Freddie Mercury and Dio.    So the guy should be capable of the Gillan and RJD material which is great news, because it means that hopefully we get Child In Time and Stargazer.

This certainly isn't for money.  The costs of putting this together must be greater than the revenue from just 3 dates and Ritchie's worth is estimated in the $200 million bracket.

He certainly still has chops.  I've seen Blackmores Night shows where he demonstrates that.

He still has the aura and stage presence that separates him from anybody else.  He still tours and plays for 2+ hours so I am sure he can handle the physical side as well.

I have always said that it didn't matter whether or not Ritchie did a rock show again, but I've always hoped he would.  Now its happening, I almost don't care if its not brilliant.   This is the last chance to see one of the icons of rock music doing what we all remember him for.

Long Live Rock and Roll !!

Well I've got tickets to the Birmingham show, can't wait.

Well I've got a ticket to the Birmingham show, can't wait. smile

- anybody else think that this was a Johnny Cash thread? wink

- Mike, - the reason he is doing it: The buzz of playing live I think? Such a great career, it must be dull being a recluse.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Ian916 wrote:

- Mike, - the reason he is doing it: The buzz of playing live I think? Such a great career, it must be dull being a recluse.

I opened it out of curiosity Thinking Johnny Cash, the one and only "Man in Black"!!!!

Blasphemy!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Ian916 wrote:

I opened it out of curiosity Thinking Johnny Cash, the one and only "Man in Black"!!!!

Blasphemy!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

13 (edited by ahsmith33 2015-11-06 11:04:56)

same here, but there is also a guy name of Gary Player from South Africa who is an artist on the golf course....or at least he used to be.
Johnny is back from the dead ?.......Folsom Prison baby.

ohiodawg13 wrote:
Ian916 wrote:

Blasphemy!

J Dawg

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

No surprises then - according to Arena website - SOLD OUT!

The cynic in me is now asking how much some of the £55 tickets are on sale on eBay for…...

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

I'm at the Birmingham show.

It's Blackmore. End of. I will drag myself through miles of broken glass to be there.
Ritchie on form...on electric? All those great songs?
Though I'm glad paid £50 and not £1050 like some re-sales I've seen.

50 - 55 seems like a very reasonable price to see a legend. The band he has put together sounds top notch even though I have never heard the singer, described by Richie as a cross between RJD and Freddy Mercury. I looked on ebay and didn't see any for sale, but Dave confirms there are those out there looking to scalp them at ridiculous levels.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

17 (edited by hulldanfan 2015-11-10 10:06:11)

Got my tickets.  8 rows back in Block C, should be right in front of Ritchie.  Cant wait to get hit by a slide or a piece of broken strat copy!!!

Rumours of a second UK show, so I'm waiting for that.  If not I'll probably hit the 2 German shows as well.

As for the vocalist, here he is doing Stormbringer and I'm sure you'll agree he sounds like Ronnie and Coverdales b*****d  love child !!

He'll do for me !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcbcYqyvW30#t=42

Don't think I have ever been so excited (musically speaking)

The singer is Ronnie Romero, he´s the frontman of a Band called "Lords Of Black".
Here´s  a videoclip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJZYvHRVKE8

I´m not shure, he fits...  hmm