Topic: Hello from South East Asia-Malaysia

Hi guys!...
      Let me introduce myself first. I am a complete newbie here. I would want to say hi from my country in South East Asia, Malaysia. Its been a privileged to be here as a part of JB online community. Honestly, I would say this forum has been the most active and diverse thus far. Topics of discussion ranging from advice to new guitarist up until JB latest project and upcoming events. Wah!..I never come across any forum as exciting like this.
       I am a music lover myself and my influences are mostly from the all mighty classic rock especially 80's rock ranging from ACDC up until Warrant. Having been influenced with these types of music since young, from all my cassette collection to start off, I can see that lots of new bands nowadays are pretty much influenced by them. I would say that 80's classic rock are the back bone for a lot of current music. However, with advancing age and bands no longer playing together, few 80's rock band producing few album. Of course there is some exception for example ACDC, Iron Maiden, Metallica etc. So I am basically so called "trap" in my 80's rock world.
       Not until recently, my best friend introduced to me to a song from Joe Bonamassa. And the first song that he introduced to me was , ~Just Got Paid/Dazed confused-Live in Royal Albert Hall~. This song completely blew me off!..I thought that there would never be any song that could match my collection of rock songs. With Joe playing rock blues kind of music, I could straight away sense some kind of connection as though I already knew his songs for ages!...This is unbelievably true...
       Also, JB's song has opened a whole new world of music genre to me which is Blues rock. Though 80's classic rock are based mostly on blues but I never took it seriously. Not until I hear JB way of guitar playing and choice of notes that he used to create Just Got Paid/Dazed confused. Even my daughter likes his song very much. We were very fortunate that JB came to Singapore in 2012 and we got to see him perform LIVE on stage. He is simply magical with excellent showmanship.
           If Joe is reading this message, I hope he is, I just want to say that your songs transcend all boundaries and it touches people's heart even in this part of the world. At least to me, your songs has given to me a new goal in life which is something that I am really looking forward to.

Cheers
Jerry

Re: Hello from South East Asia-Malaysia

Hi Jerliew and welcome to a great forum big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome to the Forum Jerry. Enjoy the topics and look forward to Joe in your area in the future. I know he's played Singapore which isn't too far.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Hey Jerry
Welcome to the forum. Many wonderful people here.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Hi welcome to the group

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Hi Jerry!
I' m quite sure, you will enjoy being her. Have fun!
Sending you a warm welcome from South Germany
Anna Laura

Welcome.  Your world will be so exciting with Joe in it!  Enjoy!!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Hi guys!...Am really glad to be part of this one BIG family... Hope to exchange my info with you guys and also sharing our experience through JB songs...
      Since the day I was introduced to JB songs, I have never look back. From his latest album, Different Shades of Blues, I am slowly working myself back to his his earlier album. Gosh!...How can I missed this one great man!...His songs are one of the best in whole of my collection. I have been an avid 80's Classic rock fan and JB is one of the few musician that I like from this new era. I would say he will continue the legacy of great blues man!...
       My experience in Singapore was a memorable one. In this part of the world, we hardly got chance to meet international level musician. All I rely on is our faithful Youtube which enable me to watch "Live" concert from my favourite band. Nevertheless, I took the initiative to fly to Singapore for Joe's concert. I felt that I cannot missed this golden opportunity. Joe's musicianship is outstanding and what I like is his raw Gibson humbucker sound. Perfect!...
         Sometimes I wish he will come again to south east Asia. But at the back of my mind, I know it will be at least another 10 years down the road.

jerliew wrote:

Sometimes I wish he will come again to south east Asia. But at the back of my mind, I know it will be at least another 10 years down the road.

So jerliew, perhaps a move is in order for you to the US, Europe, etc., somewhere where Joe goes a bit more often!!  Think about it.........................

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Welcome to the forum Jerry!

Ur in good company here .. enjoy the topics

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Hi Sally...LoL...perhaps I may consider it...LoL...But I think I am a bit old to move to another country...I guess I better become the next millionaire to be able to do this...LoL