Re: Joe's blue Gigliotti Strat (recorded Django) on Ebay!

Ron, so happy for you!  And glad it stayed in the Forum family.

Blues, hope you enjoy your "new" vintage.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

airportdon wrote:

Congrats Ron.....I'm happy it went to a good home......:)

+1 Ron ... A beautiful Different Shades of Blue indeed.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

21 (edited by samjp4 2015-04-22 21:09:01)

cindyron wrote:

Hi all
It was I that bought this. I will keep this next to Joe's Explorer. I am so lucky to have acquired soom of Joe's history. I do plan to reunit it with Joe in Maine this August for him to sign. I hope to see it tomorrow.
Cheers Ron

I kind of figured this one would head in your direction.  Looking forward to getting to meet her one of these days.  Congratulations.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

samjp4 wrote:
cindyron wrote:

Hi all
It was I that bought this. I will keep this next to Joe's Explorer. I am so lucky to have acquired soom of Joe's history. I do plan to reunit it with Joe in Maine this August for him to sign. I hope to see it tomorrow.
Cheers Ron

I kind of figured this one would head in your direction.  Looking forward to getting to meet her one of these days.  Congratulations.

Sandy

Yes during photo shoot

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Congratulations Ron! I had a feeling it was you. I'm so glad you got it!
Cheers
Rusty

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Congratulations, Ron!!

Congratulations Ron, well done. I think you paid a bargain price for a unique guitar and I hope you enjoy playing her and having her in your collection.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Cool catch! Congrats!

Very nice score Ron. That is a special one and I bet it makes Joe smile.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

A good score at a great price. More than anything enjoy the guitar. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

cindyron wrote:

Hi all
Cheers Ron

This makes me so happy Ron ! I've always had a soft spot for his Gigliottis. smile

Hi all
I had the guitar setup for me by my local guitar tech. All I can say it plays like butter.
Cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

bluesfan79 wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have been a fan of Joe's for a long time and I acquired one of his guitars a little while ago - the blue Gigliotti Strat he used to record "Django" on the "You and Me" album.

I am also a professional guitar player and I am putting this guitar up for auction on Ebay right now to help financing a vintage instrument I have lined up and to help fund my new album that I am currently producing with Carl Verheyen here in Los Angeles.

The guitar is ready to record or tour, please feel free to ask me (serious ;-) ) questions through here or the Ebay ad if you are interested.

This forum is great and I wanted to give you guys a heads up about the ongoing sale. Thanks and best wishes to all of you!

PS. I can't post the link here I think because I just started posting, but look for "Joe Bonamassa's personal Gigliotti GS Custom" on Ebay

Love that guitar, even got to hold it after a sound check in Lake Tahoe years ago. Wish I had some throw away dough!!!

Sacto. Bound,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

32 (edited by Rocket 2015-05-07 17:36:40)

Rocket wrote:
Lee wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Lord Jim, YES! cool 

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

This white one? From August 25, 2007: https://www.flickr.com/photos/leeericspics/17178716992/

I thought Joe said this was the prototype for the others that followed.

^: That's the one I've seen or heard of the least for performances, Lee, and that that white one was the proto is what I recall also.

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
Rocket wrote:
Lee wrote:

This white one? From August 25, 2007: https://www.flickr.com/photos/leeericspics/17178716992/

I thought Joe said this was the prototype for the others that followed.

^: That's the one I've seen or heard of the least for performances, Lee, and that that white one was the proto is what I recall also.

Rocket

Yes the white one was the original one that Patrick brought to Joe at a show in Tacoma I believe. Joe liked it and asked for him to do one in mahogany and copper. He loaned him the white one and made him the mahogany. I saw him play the white one once. Two mahogany bodies with copper were made and one went to Vintage guitar for review the other to Joe with the Fender style headstock. A cease and desist order was served from Fender so Patrick had to change the headstocks to the current one. The first actual Joe Bonamassa signature was with the new headstock and a 22 fret neck. Joe always preferred the original mahogany one and that is the one that was played the longest on tours. The white one went back to Patrick and I don't know where it is. The one that was built for the magazine to review was dissembled and the body went to the original signature with the new headstock it was brought to Joe Fest in Dallas and presented to Joe and that is where I met Patrick. The neck for that one with a different body went to me. It now resides with Steve Costello.

That is the Gigliotti history as I recall. The Strat style and the different colors came later. They are great guitars and it is cool Ron got the blue one. There is a tele floating around the same color I believe.

jim m wrote:
Rocket wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Rocket

Yes the white one was the original one that Patrick brought to Joe at a show in Tacoma I believe. Joe liked it and asked for him to do one in mahogany and copper. He loaned him the white one and made him the mahogany. I saw him play the white one once. Two mahogany bodies with copper were made and one went to Vintage guitar for review the other to Joe with the Fender style headstock. A cease and desist order was served from Fender so Patrick had to change the headstocks to the current one. The first actual Joe Bonamassa signature was with the new headstock and a 22 fret neck. Joe always preferred the original mahogany one and that is the one that was played the longest on tours. The white one went back to Patrick and I don't know where it is. The one that was built for the magazine to review was dissembled and the body went to the original signature with the new headstock it was brought to Joe Fest in Dallas and presented to Joe and that is where I met Patrick. The neck for that one with a different body went to me. It now resides with Steve Costello.

That is the Gigliotti history as I recall. The Strat style and the different colors came later. They are great guitars and it is cool Ron got the blue one. There is a tele floating around the same color I believe.

Yes I am so happy to score this one to add to the other Joe previously owned items

Great score Ron! .. gorgeous instrument

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!