1 (edited by bluesfan79 2015-04-14 00:52:30)

Topic: Joe's blue Gigliotti Strat (recorded Django) on Ebay!

Hi everybody,

I have been a fan of Joe's for a long time and I acquired one of his guitars a little while ago - the blue Gigliotti Strat he used to record "Django" on the "You and Me" album.

I am also a professional guitar player and I am putting this guitar up for auction on Ebay right now to help financing a vintage instrument I have lined up and to help fund my new album that I am currently producing with Carl Verheyen here in Los Angeles.

The guitar is ready to record or tour, please feel free to ask me (serious ;-) ) questions through here or the Ebay ad if you are interested.

This forum is great and I wanted to give you guys a heads up about the ongoing sale. Thanks and best wishes to all of you!

PS. I can't post the link here I think because I just started posting, but look for "Joe Bonamassa's personal Gigliotti GS Custom" on Ebay

2 (edited by airportdon 2015-04-14 06:25:51)

Re: Joe's blue Gigliotti Strat (recorded Django) on Ebay!

Hi
Welcome to the group......good luck with your sale too ( Nice guitar )

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Thanks! It is a great guitar. Fingers crossed! :-)

4 (edited by cindyron 2015-04-15 07:13:41)

It was Joe's personal guitar? Joe owned this?
Very cool

Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Yep! Joe's guitar! It's on of 4 custom made Gigliottis that were produced for him. This one he used on the song "Django" on the "You and Me" album.

bluesfan79 wrote:

Yep! Joe's guitar! It's on of 4 custom made Gigliottis that were produced for him. This one he used on the song "Django" on the "You and Me" album.

Awesome

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

7 (edited by Rocket 2015-04-17 10:43:46)

cindyron wrote:
bluesfan79 wrote:

Awesome

I've held that guitar in my hands backstage way back when, it's a beauty and a beast for sure.  I think it had Fralin pickups.  That Gigliotti has seen the least use except for maybe the white one (not sure I've ever seen a gig photo of that one).  Speaking of photos, sweetie Tara took this one in the early Vegas days of Thursdays (?) at Boulder Station...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tararaboo … 242583191/

Personally, I'd like the one played onstage the most big_smile cool
Lessee, hmmm...Rockpalast, Royal Albert Hall, San Diego, Albany, Utica,...etc.  Yeah, it's a fantasy! tongue

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
cindyron wrote:
bluesfan79 wrote:

Awesome

I've held that guitar in my hands backstage way back when, it's a beauty and a beast for sure.  I think it had Fralin pickups.  That Gigliotti has seen the least use except for maybe the white one (not sure I've ever seen a gig photo of that one).  Speaking of photos, sweetie Tara took this one in the early Vegas days of Thursdays (?) at Boulder Station...

Lessee, hmmm...Rockpalast, Royal Albert Hall, San Diego, Albany, Utica,...etc.  Yeah, it's a fantasy! tongue

Rocket

This one? https://www.flickr.com/photos/14847638@ … 2374522610

jim m wrote:
Rocket wrote:
cindyron wrote:

Awesome

Rocket

Lord Jim, YES! cool 

Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
jim m wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Rocket

Lord Jim, YES! cool 

Rocket

This white one? From August 25, 2007: https://www.flickr.com/photos/leeericspics/17178716992/

I thought Joe said this was the prototype for the others that followed.

bluesfan79 wrote:

You have anything signed from Joe that it was his?

that's great thanks for the pictures! That's a great story

13 (edited by bluesfan79 2015-04-19 08:27:23)

You have anything signed from Joe that it was his?

My friend here in SoCal is longtime friends with Rick Gould - Rick is Joe's personal close friend, and also his personal photographer who travels with him and is responsible for the imagery in his guitar archive. He took that epic picture with Joe and all of his guitars. Through my friend I got in touch with Rick and he supplied picture material from Joe's guitar archive (that he took personally) that identify this guitar while it was in Joe's possession, as well of a photo of Joe with all the guitars he traded in that day (that picture is up on Ebay in the ad) to Rumble Seat music. This also verifies, since the Rumble Seat owner is in the picture with Joe and the truck and this was also 100% the story I got told by Rumble Seat when I got the guitar at the time.

I CAN NOT POST ACTIVE LINKS here, and the ebay ad is already locked because we are getting close (!!!! aaaahhhhh !!!!!) but I uploaded the pic's I got from Rick to my website (let"s see if I can post it) "michamusic.com/joe-bonamassas-personal-gigliotti-gs-custom-for-sale-the-guitar-that-did-django/" there you go!

The one-of-a-kind hand crafted figuring in the top verifies it is this one. It can also be seen in the picture above posted by the forum member.

After the auction is over I will pass on that information and contact to Joe's staff. This guitar was custom made for Joe, one of a kind and there was never need for any paper. I don't have personal contact to Joe, but as I said I will put the new owner in touch with Rock AND Joe's guitar tech that will happily talk to the new owner about the guitar.

Thanks for asking, I want to make sure everybody get's all the info and this is transparent auction without anything funny. Thanks!

$old for $3,500, seems a little low considering its history....

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Ha, OF COURSE one hopes for thousands and thousands of dollars falling out of the sky at auction end :-) No, it's OK - I had many musical blessing recently and I rather continue having my luck in music than money, BUT I know what you mean. Joe made so many albums, he played 10-20 guitars on each, there are many guitars that have been used to this extend and more... maybe that kept it from reaching big big money?

However, I reached my goal of getting that vintage guitar I was after, and that was the main thing. I am sure the new owner will have a BLAST with the guitar, it's such an awesome instrument. He should have it in his hands tomorrow! :-) I talked to him and he'll have Joe sign it, that is very awesome. And as I said it helped me to acquire my vintage guitar that is now my main instrument I play every day, so I'm happy. I have a funny Karma with Joe's guitars, I keep running into them. He seems to sell off instruments here and there, I picked up a Tele here in LA the other day, which was Joe B's - haha. I didn't end up buying it but it was fun.

Thanks for your help here, greetings to y'all!

16 (edited by airportdon 2015-04-22 13:33:32)

Congrats to the new owner.......I did not bid (just got a smoking 58 reissue )

Hi all
It was I that bought this. I will keep this next to Joe's Explorer. I am so lucky to have acquired soom of Joe's history. I do plan to reunit it with Joe in Maine this August for him to sign. I hope to see it tomorrow.
Cheers Ron

cindyron wrote:

Hi all
It was I that bought this. I will keep this next to Joe's Explorer. I am so lucky to have acquired soom of Joe's history. I do plan to reunit it with Joe in Maine this August for him to sign. I hope to see it tomorrow.
Cheers Ron

Congrats Ron.....I'm happy it went to a good home......:)