Topic: Greetings from Colorado

Hi all. 

I only just discovered Joe in the summer of ’14, but as my wife and 3 kids can verify (accompanied by a roll of their eyes) I’ve made up for lost time since then.  I have all of Joe’s albums on iTunes (I’m in the process of buying CD’s to distribute like a crack dealer to all my friends and poker buddies).  I also own all his videos and have watched them all at least a dozen times each.

I live NW of Denver, about half way to Boulder, and will be seeing Joe on April 28th in Colorado Springs, and again August 17th at Red Rocks for the 3 Kings tour.  I haven’t been this excited to see a concert in my 47 years…and I’ve seen quite a few, including 20+ at Red Rocks.

I’ve spent the past few months lurking on the forum and love the family atmosphere you guys have created here.  I almost feel like I know many of you (including Joe) personally because of the casual, friendly banter that goes on here.

I’ll quit rambling.  I look forward to chatting with you here, and hopefully meeting some of you at future concerts.

Mike

Re: Greetings from Colorado

Hi welcome to the group....enjoy the topics

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Welcome to the forum!!!  My wife and I will be seeing the show at Red Rocks this year as well.   We love Colorado and if everything works out as planned that is where we will retire.

Great group of people here and as you've already noticed, this forum fosters a friendly, family like atmosphere.

Welcome to the forum!
My wife and I were at Red Rocks for the first time last year, to see "you know who".
What a great venue and an awesome show!
The 3 Kings show there should be a great experience...glad you found this place.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hi Mike,

a warm welcome  from Heidelberg/ Germany! I love Colorado too remembering one of our roundtrips through the US and Canadian Rockies which led us to Boulder/Denver with one stop in Chicago O'Hare. My dream is joining a gig in Red Rocks! Sometimes dreams may come true...

Have fun here!

Anna Laura

6 (edited by RickB 2015-03-15 20:25:07)

Welcome Mike. Too bad you missed the Red Rocks Muddy Wolf show. You could have met and hung out with a slew of fans from here. Enjoy the ride! It's extra special when you see him play live for the first time as a Bonavirgin. We relish observing the slack-jawed glassy-eyed wonder it produces. It will be over way too soon and you'll be babbling to your friends who will continue to roll their eyes. Next up will be the extended road trips to catch other shows within budget and reach. big_smile
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Hey Mike! Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing your posts! smile

Hi there Mike.  You're certainly in the right place!  Nice to have you!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Welcome to the forum Mike!

Enjoy the topics and wonderful folks that frequent the halls here

RickB speaks the truth .. had my bonabaptism this time last year ..
been there .. slack-jawed, glassy-eyed (25% wobbly pops) wonder .. tongue

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

10 (edited by cindyron 2015-03-16 19:21:20)

Hi mike
Welcome to all things Joe. So your from Colorado Springs check out you native son Austin Young. I young guy with a big potential talent. I was lucky to meet him last Sept.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Hello and welcome

Hi Mike and welcome also. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.

Rick:  My wife has always wanted to travel more than I have.  I see trips "with strings attached" in the future smile

Ron:  I'm about 1.5 hours north of Colorado Springs, but I have watched video / a news broadcast, and read an article or two about Austin and Joe/KTBA's involvement with him.  What a remarkable young man.

Thanks again for the reception.

Mike

14 (edited by cindyron 2015-03-17 17:50:50)

mikewing wrote:

Rick:  My wife has always wanted to travel more than I have.  I see trips "with strings attached" in the future smile

Ron:  I'm about 1.5 hours north of Colorado Springs, but I have watched video / a news broadcast, and read an article or two about Austin and Joe/KTBA's involvement with him.  What a remarkable young man.

Mike

Yeah he is great young man I hope he goes far
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Hi Mike.

Welcome to the forum.  Great to see another Colorado fan pop up.  I live in Littleton.   I lurk here way more than I post but you can already see that it is a great place with tons of great information and great people who are all passionate about Joe and his music.

I too will be seeing Joe in the Springs in April and at Red Rocks in August.  Those will be shows 13 and 14 for me respectively.  A mere drop in the bucket compared to many on this forum but I feel very fortunate to have seen Joe perform as many times as I have.  No plans to stop any time soon.  Last year seeing him at Red Rocks was a bucket list type experience for me.  Can't wait to do it again in August.

Glad to see Austin Young being mentioned here again.  I have known Austin and have been watching him perform for many years.  I also feel very fortunate to have seen Austing play upwards of 30 times between his shows, festivals, Blue Star Connection events, and opening gigs for national blues artists coming through.  He is a true talent and a great guy.  I love seeing him getting well deserved attention in general and also the support Joe has given him.  I am holding out hope that perhaps Joe will invite Austin on stage at the Colorado Springs show next month since that's where Austin lives.  I would love to see Austin tear it up on his JB Les Paul that Joe and Ron presented him last year on stage with Joe.  Will be a great show regardless, but here's hoping.

Anyway....welcome aboard Mike from a fellow Coloradan and Joe B fanatic.

Konkman wrote:

Hi Mike.

Welcome to the forum.  Great to see another Colorado fan pop up.  I live in Littleton.   I lurk here way more than I post but you can already see that it is a great place with tons of great information and great people who are all passionate about Joe and his music.

I too will be seeing Joe in the Springs in April and at Red Rocks in August.  Those will be shows 13 and 14 for me respectively.  A mere drop in the bucket compared to many on this forum but I feel very fortunate to have seen Joe perform as many times as I have.  No plans to stop any time soon.  Last year seeing him at Red Rocks was a bucket list type experience for me.  Can't wait to do it again in August.

Glad to see Austin Young being mentioned here again.  I have known Austin and have been watching him perform for many years.  I also feel very fortunate to have seen Austing play upwards of 30 times between his shows, festivals, Blue Star Connection events, and opening gigs for national blues artists coming through.  He is a true talent and a great guy.  I love seeing him getting well deserved attention in general and also the support Joe has given him.  I am holding out hope that perhaps Joe will invite Austin on stage at the Colorado Springs show next month since that's where Austin lives.  I would love to see Austin tear it up on his JB Les Paul that Joe and Ron presented him last year on stage with Joe.  Will be a great show regardless, but here's hoping.

Anyway....welcome aboard Mike from a fellow Coloradan and Joe B fanatic.

Konkman thank you so much for the greeting and the information.  When I first discovered the forum I had read up on several of the veteran members and saw that Ron was involved in giving Austin the guitar.  Ron I apologize for not remembering and referencing that when I responded to you.  The commitment so many of you have to Joe is inspiring and I hope that I can become more involved as time goes on as well.

mikewing wrote:

Mike

Hey Mike, great to have you along!

Loved the pun..."strings attached"!  Good one.  Nice first post too, I love the enthusiasm and how it echoes the sentiments and feelings of so many here.  Looks like we will be hearing from you again, perfect.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015