Topic: Real 59 Burst $$$

Check out the Flame top and price on this beauty...Wow.

https://reverb.com/item/526454-1959-gib … nger-burst

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

2 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-03-04 08:10:15)

Re: Real 59 Burst $$$

hmmm ... if they'll toss in the shipping ...
(someone had to post the first obvious chuckle.) smile

Beautiful top indeed! Thanks for sharing.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

1 million space bucks.. Madness

it is pretty though.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

4 (edited by macg1 2015-03-05 09:23:26)

The HUGELY influential Gary Grainger... ummm NOT. I know that 59 bursts fetch a huge price tag, and if owned by an influential guitarist it can increase the price tag, but 1 million is hugely unreasonable for a guitarist I had to actually look up. I mean, come on, The Green/Moore guitar didn't sell for that much.

This past February, along with Snowy White's 57 GT, 2 or 3 bursts were sold at auction, including a left handed one which are more expensive because of how rare they are, and I think that it fetched only about 170K (don't remember if dollars or pounds or euros, but either way, nowhere near one million dollars). Million dollar price tag is Jimmy Page #1 kind of money (MAYBE, and closer to 600-700K).

Considering how pretty that top is, and that Gary Grainger is about as influential as the bloke down the street, at 190K-210K dollar, and that may be rather optimistic in today's market. BUT that said, if there is an idiot out there with the money to spare, more power to that person.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars:62 LP SG , 02 FB VII, JB FB I, 76 Electra Omega, 64 Firebird V, 73 LPC, 61 Custom Tele, 59 and 60 Melody Maker
Effects: Mythos Chupacabra, Strymon Deco/Flint

macg1 wrote:

The HUGELY influential Gary Grainger... ummm NOT. I know that 59 bursts fetch a huge price tag, and if owned by an influential guitarist it can increase the price tag, but 1 million is hugely unreasonable for a guitarist I had to actually look up. I mean, come on, The Green/Moore guitar didn't sell for that much.

This past February, along with Snowy White's 57 GT, 2 or 3 bursts were sold at auction, including a left handed one which are more expensive because of how rare they are, and I think that it fetched only about 170K (don't remember if dollars or pounds or euros, but either way, nowhere near one million dollars). Million dollar price tag is Jimmy Page #1 kind of money (MAYBE, and closer to 600-700K).

Considering how pretty that top is, and that Gary Grainger is about as influential as the bloke down the street, at 190K-210K dollar, and that may be rather optimistic in today's market. BUT that said, if there is an idiot out there with the money to spare, more power to that person.

From the 10-25-2011 Gibson website:The Gary Moore/Green guitar sold for more than 2 Million:

When Moore was just 14 he saw Green play in Mayall’s band and heard his calling in the distinctive throaty voice of Green’s Les Paul. There’s been a lot of speculation over the years on just how Green’s instrument achieved its super-warm trebly sound. Green says he reversed a magnet in the neck position humbucker while tinkering with the guitar. Another tale has a repairman accidentally re-winding a pickup in reverse. At any rate, the guitar spent 37 years in Moore’s hands after he acquired it from Green for a Gibson SG and a few hundred bucks. The instrument sold for more than $2 million when it was auctioned in 2006.

airportdon wrote:
macg1 wrote:

From the 10-25-2011 Gibson website:The Gary Moore/Green guitar sold for more than 2 Million:

When Moore was just 14 he saw Green play in Mayall’s band and heard his calling in the distinctive throaty voice of Green’s Les Paul. There’s been a lot of speculation over the years on just how Green’s instrument achieved its super-warm trebly sound. Green says he reversed a magnet in the neck position humbucker while tinkering with the guitar. Another tale has a repairman accidentally re-winding a pickup in reverse. At any rate, the guitar spent 37 years in Moore’s hands after he acquired it from Green for a Gibson SG and a few hundred bucks. The instrument sold for more than $2 million when it was auctioned in 2006.

It didn't achieve that figure the last time it sold!

My point exactly.

Scratch N Sniff wrote:
airportdon wrote:
macg1 wrote:

It didn't achieve that figure the last time it sold!

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars:62 LP SG , 02 FB VII, JB FB I, 76 Electra Omega, 64 Firebird V, 73 LPC, 61 Custom Tele, 59 and 60 Melody Maker
Effects: Mythos Chupacabra, Strymon Deco/Flint

Isn't this company connected to Music Ground, don't know if you Americans know but music ground have been busted several times for selling stolen goods, fraudulent claims on guitars and general illegal activities .

joe will be in london soon, he can go have a look

Wonder if Gibson will do a #CC model

I'll go out on a limb here and say there is no chance this will sell for the stated price. Half way there is a stretch......

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

I love how Joe gets mentioned on every forum whenever a burst is for sale

That's what he gets for owning 8 though!

Les Paul Geek, nut, obsessed etc. etc.

Nice guitar... Used to belong to friend of mine. Big top.

Price: madness and most likely just a wind up.

Vendor: Criminals

Results: no sale

Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

I agree completely, the price is nuts

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Agreed price is madness

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Actually i just received an email back from Justin who tells me the price is £240,000.00 which is about $363,000.00

David.247 wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Actually i just received an email back from Justin who tells me the price is £240,000.00 which is about $363,000.00

$363,000 is more reasonable indeed

18 (edited by PayDay 2015-05-12 06:44:57)

What makes Hanks Guitars in London

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Joe, sorry to raise an older thread, but since I am looking to purchasing an older guitar, what's the score with Hanks Guitar shop in London? What makes them criminal?
A heads up would be useful - I'm not looking to spend mega bucks, but to me, the money I do put out will be a substantial amount.
I do personally think that even ~300k is way out there for one of these (although if I had the money, I would no doubt completely contradict myself and purchase at least one smile), especially if it's going to end up in someone's house or vault, locked away never to be seen or heard again.