Re: Bona-Byrd proto

Actually.

Would the Bona-bird need a specially-measured hardcase?
I imagine the headstock makes it too long for a Les Paul Case.

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

xavier wrote:

Actually.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Bona-Byrd specs
Case: looks like a slightly larger LP case
I'm excited to see what everyone thinks of them. I know it's not for everyone. Kinda like putting a corvette hood on a Belair
Joe B

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
xavier wrote:

Actually.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Bona-Byrd specs
Case: looks like a slightly larger LP case
I'm excited to see what everyone thinks of them. I know it's not for everyone. Kinda like putting a corvette hood on a Belair
Joe B

Sorry, that blew straight over my head. Don't know how I missed that! big_smile

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Looking at the pics, it is both a very intriguing design and somewhat disconcerting.
At first, I felt like the headstock was disproportionate to the rest of the body. It is so hard to tell from pictures.
I'm curious if it feels unbalanced at all when played standing.
I know Yamaha went through this issue with their SBG line and reduced the size of the headstock to compensate.
I do have to say the more I study the overall design, the more I like it.
It certainly does shake things up and that is a good thing.
Lim

“You’ve gotta riff like your mojo’s magic…
Let your fingers fly like lightning unleashed…
Make your notes scream with the unbridled passion of a soul on fire…
And boogie like the Thunder of the Gods!”  LP 1974

Does Gibson or epiphone annouce models mid year or is NAMM it usually for releases. I'm just wondering what the possible time frame for release is.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

What kind of production numbers? For that price, it would have to be pretty limited, like the goldtop.

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

Well I'm out at that price. Not that it was unexpected. Hopefully down the line we will get a sub $2500 version. I love a les paul and recently played some firebirds that I've loved. Was going to grab a 2016 Firebird but got a great deal on a 2015 LP Trad.

Ron if you grab one, a detailed review would be great!

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic

26 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-11-14 16:05:45)

cindyron wrote:

i heard only 45 in USA

misthunter210 wrote:

Ron if you grab one, a detailed review would be great!

cindyron wrote:

will do

45-1=44 for the USA

Pre delivery Congrats Ron ... can't wait to see / hear ur thoughts on her!

("Al, Don't Drop Her." smile )

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Did I miss the date on these?

28 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-11-15 18:08:36)

Joe declared today Bona-Byrd Day down at the Custom Shop ... guessing a Sharpie or two got a workout today.

https://instagram.com/p/-H0KLgSN2Q/?tak … ebonamassa

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

Very interesting! I forgot about even making this thread. Price seems to be as expected.

I wonder if there was a delay with these, Joe seems to have 2 different Gibsons coming out now

I also thought there was Skinner burst Seymour Duncans coming or did I dream that......?

Les Paul Geek, nut, obsessed etc. etc.

Rich85 wrote:

Very interesting! I forgot about even making this thread. Price seems to be as expected.

I wonder if there was a delay with these, Joe seems to have 2 different Gibsons coming out now

I also thought there was Skinner burst Seymour Duncans coming or did I dream that......?

That would be a new one on me. I've only known about the Bona-Bird.

31 (edited by airportdon 2015-11-16 12:32:03)

cindyron wrote:

$7800 approx

Thx for the info.....seems sota high...But still Very cool.........
Wish they had flame tops to them...........

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

A lot of people on Gibson Custom's FB page downrating it. Sad.

I like it personally, but I doubt I'll see one in the UK soon.
Besides, I've got my eyes on something else in the meantime.

Guitars:

alas a Bonabird won't sound very good in my hands.. it would sound like me..
although I wouldn't mind owning one (I'd take a Skinner burst first though)

but in Ron's hands .. probably a different story...

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

34 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-11-17 18:41:45)

From Gibson Custom's 2015 Product lineup webpage: (think the BB was added to the page just today):

http://www.gibson.com/products/electric … abyrd.aspx

(Just scroll down to see the specs / close up pics)

It has a 2014 R7 serial yet we are almost in 2016. Makes sense.

Les Paul Geek, nut, obsessed etc. etc.

Rich85 wrote:

It has a 2014 R7 serial yet we are almost in 2016. Makes sense.

That might be the prototype, with current year dates on production models.