Topic: Bona-Byrd proto

Just sharing since some might not have Instagram

Bona-Byrd proto

I thought Joe wasn't going to release this but proto indicates an official release

Piccy

http://twitter.com/Rich_tone85/status/5 … 70/photo/1

Les Paul Geek, nut, obsessed etc. etc.

Re: Bona-Byrd proto

I will buy it the very first second it hits the stores.... This is the cooles design ever... Coolest body and coolest headstock in one guitar. Cant get any better:)

You cant compare Jimmy Page with God. I mean he's cool and all, but he's no Jimmy Page!!

Cool...thx for the link

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

4 (edited by misthunter210 2015-02-11 13:53:31)

Man, I'd love an official release of a Bonabird. I can't imagine msrp being any less than 2 grand especially if it's a custom shop special. I would love an Epiphone or a gibson "studio" version. Can anyone tell if that's the same color as the bona bird 2 or is it a Pelham blue?

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

misthunter210 wrote:

Man, I'd love an official release of a Bonabird. I can't imagine msrp being any less than 2 grand especially if it's a custom shop special. I would love an Epiphone or a gibson "studio" version. Can anyone tell if that's the same color as the bona bird 2 or is it a Pelham blue?

If the rumors are true about the price increases Gibson is implementing this year, I doubt it'll be less than $8000!

Congrats to Joe on another Gibson CS Signature LP.

Looking at the 2015 Firebird, it doesn't have g-force auto tuners, so they mustn't have them for that layout. So the Bona-Byrd (bird?) probably won't have them either, for those who prefer manual tuners.

Spider wrote:
misthunter210 wrote:

If the rumors are true about the price increases Gibson is implementing this year, I doubt it'll be less than $8000!

Congrats to Joe on another Gibson CS Signature LP.

Then I have all my hopes On an epiphone version. 8000 dollars is outragous for a guitar IMO.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic

I think the Les Paul and Firebird are probably 2 of the top 3 (the other being the ES335) designs ever produced by Gibson but taking the body of one and the neck of another has, in my opinion, created a hideous Frankenstein of a guitar. I wouldn't have one if they were being given away.

But thankfully we don't all think alike and beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I am sure these will be snapped up in record time no matter how much they cost.

I would love to see how one plays

The wrap tail bridge is like top wrapped strings, that feel of less tension

I am guessing with that headstock it will not will angled back much, therefore less break angle of the strings on the nut, so even slinkier playing strings

Maybe.

10 (edited by ruger9 2015-02-12 07:24:43)

FWIW, the Dave Grohl sig is $4000 street (and I've even seen $7K street)

Ain't nobody got time for that!   (tried to post a pic, but it didn't work)

I'm hoping for a price around $1500, like the JB Studio.
There's plenty of looming chinese rip off companies that can do this with your own custom options for $500.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

I'm hoping for a price around $1500, like the JB Studio.
There's plenty of looming chinese rip off companies that can do this with your own custom options for $500.

I bet it cost 3000$ more than 1500.... More like 5000$ street

You cant compare Jimmy Page with God. I mean he's cool and all, but he's no Jimmy Page!!

If one ever makes it to the UK I will be sure to check it out.

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

xavier wrote:

I like the Zappa Sg that you're playing in the picture....cool guitar 1/400 do you own one?

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Bona-Byrd specs

Price: unknown but I'm guessing comparable to an R-9 ish
Tuners: Firebird vintage style not the new style and certainly nothing robotic
Pickups: don't know but they sound great. Probably custom Buckers
Paint: Pelham Blue
Case: looks like a slightly larger LP case
Fretboard: rosewood again like an R-9

I'm excited to see what everyone thinks of them. I know it's not for everyone. Kinda like putting a corvette hood on a Belair
Joe B

16 (edited by misthunter210 2015-02-13 18:25:29)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Bona-Byrd specs

Price: unknown but I'm guessing comparable to an R-9 ish
Tuners: Firebird vintage style not the new style and certainly nothing robotic
Paint: Pelham Blue
Case: looks like a slightly larger LP case
Fretboard: rosewood again like an R-9

I'm excited to see what everyone thinks of them. I know it's not for everyone. Kinda like putting a corvette hood on a Belair
Joe B

Thanks for answering Joe. Any chance on an Epiphone version? It might be a little out of my price range at R9 prices. I would love to have one though. It's beautiful so far.

Maybe it's the lighting but the proto looks like its a little more greenish than normal Pelham blue.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Bona-Byrd specs

Joe B

Haha

That's pretty amusing I must say Mr guitar geek

airportdon wrote:
xavier wrote:

I like the Zappa Sg that you're playing in the picture....cool guitar 1/400 do you own one?

Sadly no. It was simply a try-out in the shop at the time.
But I do hope to own one eventually.

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst