Re: October 2015 UK dates

petew wrote:

Somewhat off topic, but is there any suggestions on things to do in Newcastle?

Other than GuitarGuitar, any interesting guitar shops/places?

Guitar guitar eh......and where would THAT be?     lots of pubs, mr-shops for't missus,think that answers itself...

Come on you Blades!

92 (edited by BansheeUK 2015-10-21 04:12:24)

idolbone wrote:
petew wrote:

Somewhat off topic, but is there any suggestions on things to do in Newcastle?

Other than GuitarGuitar, any interesting guitar shops/places?

Guitar guitar eh......and where would THAT be?     lots of pubs, mr-shops for't missus,think that answers itself...

GuitarGuitar is on Graniger Street; there's also PMT Music on Dean St.  JG Windows in Central Arcde; The Guitar Shop on Old George Yard and JXG Guitars on Warwick St; Newcastle Music on Westgate Rd.  Drummer can get their fix at Newcastle Drum centre, Akenside Hill. All of these are in easy walk of the Metro Arena (and Eldon Square if the better half want to shop...); Not far from the Central Station & Centre for Life.

Otherwise, plenty of bars, eateries and shopping in "toon".

PS - if you're looking for something in the evening, there's Dave Arcari on at The Cluny; Dan Reed Network at the O2 Academy and some guitarist guy at the Metro Arena, Joe Something-or-other - heard he's a bit good....... wink

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Last night in Newcastle was amazing, my 6th time seeing Joe live. I think I've now seen him live more than any other band/artist.

My ticket stated that there might be a restricted view, something that had worried me until I got to my seat to find the clearest view of the stage anyone could ask for.

Through sheer coincidence of our seats, I got talking to idolbone for a few minutes before the gig, he showed me his signature tattoos, impressive!

The night started with an announcement that tonight's 1D gig has been cancelled. Instead me got some guy called Joe. . .

I love the new rig, it sounds pretty amazing, very clear and articulate no matter how clean or distorted it was. The mix was great too, I clearly heard everyone in the band. The mix just seemed to be spot on.

The set list was great, would have never guessed most of the songs would have been played. Finally got to hear "The River" live, that being one of my most favourites.  No "Mountain Time" but can't complain since he played a few songs I didn't expect.  No theremin for John Henry now.

Definitely worth the trip.

petew wrote:

Last night in Newcastle was amazing, my 6th time seeing Joe live. I think I've now seen him live more than any other band/artist.

My ticket stated that there might be a restricted view, something that had worried me until I got to my seat to find the clearest view of the stage anyone could ask for.

Through sheer coincidence of our seats, I got talking to idolbone for a few minutes before the gig, he showed me his signature tattoos, impressive!

The night started with an announcement that tonight's 1D gig has been cancelled. Instead me got some guy called Joe. . .

I love the new rig, it sounds pretty amazing, very clear and articulate no matter how clean or distorted it was. The mix was great too, I clearly heard everyone in the band. The mix just seemed to be spot on.

The set list was great, would have never guessed most of the songs would have been played. Finally got to hear "The River" live, that being one of my most favourites.  No "Mountain Time" but can't complain since he played a few songs I didn't expect.  No theremin for John Henry now.

Definitely worth the trip.

The River!!

Wish I'd been there to hear that!

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)
http://www.edinburgh-blues.uk

95 (edited by seventh.sway 2015-10-28 06:48:09)

The Liverpool show was mind blowing! The transitions made from three piece, to four and then 6 was seamless. So glad I got to hear Happier Times too. One of my all time favourite tracks. Although Going Down was incredible. This was my fourth time seeing Joe having saw him three times at Hammersmith earlier in  March. I have to say I would have given this show 10 out of ten if only the show didn't have to finish! It was better than the shows in London which leads to me to think that Joe keeps getting better and better! The addition of Anton and Michael as part of the band were superb! Michael really rocked on the bass and I really enjoyed it when Joe and Michael were playing with each other on stage.

My long suffering partner of nearly 13 years came with me this time. It was his maiden JB show as I went to London with a friend. I sulked that he didn't buy me tix to the London show for my 30th birthday last year so I went and bought some and he wasn't invited (the determined madam that I am!) Matthew absolutely loved it. Needless to say, he has a taste of the good stuff and we are already waiting in much anticipation of some UK dates next year...