Re: October 2015 UK dates

Uncanny! Wife says you've still time to move seats as I do a lot of air drumming.......:(.......:)

Come on you Blades!

Haha!! Can't complain when someone is just enjoying themselfs, I've had worse at gigs.  smile

Yeah,being talked about elsewhere on the forum,people non stop talking,up and down to the bar/toilet....:)....tho after having my prostate removed 2years back,have learned to limit drink intake before gigs,tho standing down on the floor not too bad,seated can be a nuisance.

Come on you Blades!

Yeah, all those things can be really annoying depending on where you are.   I hate when you're standing, and the person next to you (who you don't know) expects you to keep their space when they go to the bar/toilet. :-\   Then there's the hecklers (who no one forced to go to the show) spends all night shouting things at the stage.  (that happened at one of Joe's Glasgow gigs a couple of years back).

Was at Newcastle City Hall a couple of years back and a quite amusing heckle, as Joe was on a reasonably quiet solo was (dons Geordie accent) "trek yer jacket off,man," some smiled,some frowned.(not letting on which I did...).

Come on you Blades!

lol, hecklers must have a thing for Jackets, I seen Kenny Wayne Shepherd about a month ago, this guy was getting quite annoyed that he wasn't taking his jacket off.

Was hoping to see Bernie Torme this year.
Unfortunately he is playing the Borderline in London same night at Joe's Brighton concert on the Saturday.
Bad planning Bernie !

Lester

Question for those in the UK. We bought tickets to some of these shows when they went on sale back months ago and still haven't received them. Has anybody gotten theirs yet? Just a little worried since time is ticking by. The venues say they mail them out at least a month ahead of time, but since we are in the US not sure if they take into account that it might take longer to get to us.

nmagcorn wrote:

Question for those in the UK. We bought tickets to some of these shows when they went on sale back months ago and still haven't received them. Has anybody gotten theirs yet? Just a little worried since time is ticking by. The venues say they mail them out at least a month ahead of time, but since we are in the US not sure if they take into account that it might take longer to get to us.

Got my Newcastle tickets soon after ordered from Eventim. Tickets are sent when promoters give permission. Not sure if overseas orders are given any priority.

Kenny wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

Got my Newcastle tickets soon after ordered from Eventim. Tickets are sent when promoters give permission. Not sure if overseas orders are given any priority.

Yeah, I got the Newcastle ones pretty much a few days after ordering it.  Have you checked your account? Sometimes you have order updates than can tell you what's happening, or maybe email them.

83 (edited by seventh.sway 2015-09-22 08:33:36)

nmagcorn wrote:

I bought mine through Ticketmaster Platinum on the day of release and I haven't got mine yet!

The Newcastle I don't have to worry about since we are using a Litho purchase for that one. It's the Liverpool, Leeds and Nottingham, that are the issue. Since seventh.sway didn't get Liverpool yet either I guess they take a while to send them out. Thinking I might email the venues. Too bad there wasn't a print at home option. Would have made things a bit less stressful.

I just realised I got mine through Eventim they generally send them out when you buy them.  Ticketmaster usually don't. they usually wait till about 10 days before the date for the event.

petew wrote:

I just realised I got mine through Eventim they generally send them out when you buy them.  Ticketmaster usually don't. they usually wait till about 10 days before the date for the event.

Thanks for the info. That will be cutting it close for our Leeds tickets since those are through ticketmaster and we are leaving on the 16th. Just got Nottingham in the mail yesterday and got an email that Liverpool is on its way. So thankfully those are accounted for.

nmagcorn wrote:
petew wrote:

Thanks for the info. That will be cutting it close for our Leeds tickets since those are through ticketmaster and we are leaving on the 16th. Just got Nottingham in the mail yesterday and got an email that Liverpool is on its way. So thankfully those are accounted for.

Well good luck, and enjoy yourself.  It is a crazy system, you'd think they'd release all the tickets for the same artist at the same time since the dates are close together.

petew wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:
petew wrote:

Well good luck, and enjoy yourself.  It is a crazy system, you'd think they'd release all the tickets for the same artist at the same time since the dates are close together.

Since when did they think of the fans first......

Come on you Blades!

Setting off to Newcastle tomoz,combining our wedding anniversary on Tuesday with Joe on the Wednesday-result!

Come on you Blades!

Somewhat off topic, but is there any suggestions on things to do in Newcastle?

Other than GuitarGuitar, any interesting guitar shops/places?