Re: October 2015 UK dates

BLUESMASSA wrote:
Kenny wrote:

No codes, no sign up. Just go to www.planetrock.com at 9am UK time on Wednesday, click on the link and it will take you to the ticket site. A word of caution though - you don't always get the best seats at a presale and it will be busy.

Hey Natasha, hows it going? How many Joe gigs are you and Phil planning to go to this year? If you are coming over I will be at Newcastle which could be your last gig as a 49er smile

Hey Kenny how's you bud, are you doing all 7 in October then? Ha-Ha!! I shall deffo be attending Leeds especially with it being on a Saturday too. I gather u'll be attending one or two of the London dates next month too, i'll be there for the Friday night.

Doing great Andy thanks. Leeds is just perfect for you but I will probably just do first and last dates. I will be at the Thursday & Friday London shows so see you in the queue. Will need to be there sharp for Friday cos we have standing tickets.

nmagcorn wrote:
Kenny wrote:

No codes, no sign up. Just go to www.planetrock.com at 9am UK time on Wednesday, click on the link and it will take you to the ticket site. A word of caution though - you don't always get the best seats at a presale and it will be busy.

Hey Natasha, hows it going? How many Joe gigs are you and Phil planning to go to this year? If you are coming over I will be at Newcastle which could be your last gig as a 49er smile

Thanks for the info Kenny smile Things are going well. We'll be doing the cruise, then 3 cities in the Spring: Chicago, Minneapolis and Las Vegas. Then a few on the 3 Kings tour: NJ, maybe NY, San Diego and possibly LA. It's going to be a fun year. Not sure yet which we will be doing if we do this UK thing. Been checking out where the cities are located and modes of transportation. Don't really fancy driving since it's opposite of what I'm used to wink

Dont blame you. I refuse to drive in the States smile
You can get to all these venues by train, here are the approx journey lengths :

Newcastle - Liverpool 3 hours direct
Liverpool - Leeds 1.30 hrs direct
Leeds - Nottingham 2 hrs direct
Nottingham - Cardiff 3.30 hrs direct
Cardiff - Bournemouth 3.30 hrs 1 change
Bournemouth - Brighton 2.30 hrs 1 change

We went to Cardiff and Manchester last UK tour. Manchester seems to have been replaced by Liverpool this time. Although we had top price tickets for both gigs, this time around things are a bit tighter so there will be just one show, with cheap tickets at that sad  However, I was impressed with the layout at Cardiff, although a noticeably smaller attendance than Manchester, all the seats seemed "reasonably" close. So, although we are in Wales and Liverpool is closer for us, Cardiff is the choice. Not such a bad choice for the JB fans in the South West of England either.

Out of interest, I have never seen a "giant screen" at one of Joe's concerts. Anyone know if there's a particular reason?

Anyway, 22 hours until the presale, good luck all. smile

Newcastle Tickets booked... Woop

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

YAY! Bournemouth tickets booked!

Bournemouth tickets booked - and exactly the ones I wanted! (Doesn't always happen with pre-sale!)

Now to book a hotel / B&B for the night - any Bournemouth "locals" on here who can advise on nearby places?!

caroline.rigg wrote:

Now to book a hotel / B&B for the night - any Bournemouth "locals" on here who can advise on nearby places?!

Bournemouth Tour Guide at your service.  I'll be happy to help. 
Suggest you PM me so we don't clog up this thread.  There are loads of hotels, many within a short walk of the BIC, depending on taste/budget etc.

4 tickets row C block C, very happy...and one of them for a first timer in the form of daughter's other half...the car from Plymouth to Bournemouth gets fuller each time!

R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

What seats did you get? We are Floor B, row A.

Kenny wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

What seats did you get? We are Floor B, row A.

Floor A, Row F

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

I am now getting jealous, am at work and system doesn't allow us to use credit cards,
hopefully there might be something left for Brighton later this afternoon, otherwise will need to wait for the general sale on Friday. Wish me luck!

Lester

No top priced tickets available at all on the pre-sale for Cardiff which was a bit odd. Thankfully I was just in the market for a pair of "cheap seats" and I got a cracking pair for under £80 all in.

Roll on October........

Hi Lester,

Let me know via PM if you can't get tickets for Brighton. I may have two spare if you can't.

They're not in the front stalls i'm afraid, but if you're stuck they may do.

Paul

Just wanted to add that I was one of those who said the ticket prices were a bit high for me at the London gigs so think it's only fair to say thanks Joe, these are much more affordable.

Thanks for coming to Brighton too, we don't get that many big gigs here, sadly. Am looking forward to going home on the bus for a change ;-)

Lester wrote:

I am now getting jealous, am at work and system doesn't allow us to use credit cards,
hopefully there might be something left for Brighton later this afternoon, otherwise will need to wait for the general sale on Friday. Wish me luck!

Lester

As I thought, no pairs of tickets left in my preferred seating area.
I doubt if any more seats come up on the pre-sale so it's a long wait for Friday.

Lester

Where is your preferred seating area, Lester?

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

the most expensive stall seats for Brighton only have 1 seat spaces left, you could not get a pair when I looked. Look to be pitched correctly then? And good to see that here are options to buy cheaper seats further back. Thank you Management for listening.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun