1 (edited by cindyron 2015-02-01 22:48:14)

Topic: New England Pats Super Bowl champs

Yeah Pats you make all of New England proud. Butler what can I say he is the hero if the game

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Re: New England Pats Super Bowl champs

Dumb luck! Seattle had an extreme brain fart and handed the Pats the win. If you're proud of that then so be it. The Pats did all they could to lose this game.

Go Dawgs!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Because I hate the Seahawks quite a bit, I'll add that they had an awful lot of dumb luck go their way the last few weeks, so it was bound to run out eventually.  The Pats four touchdowns and reasonably good defense throughout most of the game wasn't luck.

Congrats to Brady, Belicheck and the team.

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Dumb luck! Seattle had an extreme brain fart and handed the Pats the win. If you're proud of that then so be it. The Pats did all they could to lose this game.

Go Dawgs!!!

J Dawg

Could be but they won great game

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

No dog in the fight for me however it was a great game. Good for football fans everywhere. Disappointed in the fight at the end. I did have to smile a bit when they showed the golden boy of coaching Pete Caroll's face after the pick. What were you thinking Pete? Not a fan of the guy.

I think that game took about five years off my life.

Everyone is criticizing that play - but think about it. Plenty of time, a timeout, 2nd and goal from the 1. Expecting Marshawn Lynch, Pats have their goalline D in. Try and catch them off guard since the passing game had recently been working. If it works, everyone thinks its genius. If its incomplete, no worries, you've got Beast Mode for 3rd and if necessary 4th down runs. Calling it a bad call or a bonehead play I think takes away from the insane game winning interception that an undrafted rookie made in the Superbowl.

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Go Dawgs!!!

J Dawg

Dumb Luck??? Really???? The "dumb" part is certainly on the Seahawks. To put the ball in the air, that close to the goal line is beyond dumb! In the end the better team won!

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Yeah, the Seahawks were lucky to have even been there. I'm not a Pats fan, but was glad to see the Seahawks crash and burn.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Well I liked the outcome.  Tom Brady's face looked like all of ours when that pass was intercepted.  Great game.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

10 (edited by The RiverCat^-^ 2015-02-02 23:38:30)

Rusty wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Go Dawgs!!!

J Dawg

Dumb Luck??? Really???? The "dumb" part is certainly on the Seahawks. To put the ball in the air, that close to the goal line is beyond dumb! In the end the better team won!

Yes, it was completely dumb when you have Lynch that just ran for you.  In the end you got a gift,
had nothing to do with you being a better team.  Your guy did make a great interception, but that call shouldn't have been made.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

11 (edited by The RiverCat^-^ 2015-02-02 23:55:24)

jackfossett wrote:

I think that game took about five years off my life.

Everyone is criticizing that play - but think about it. Plenty of time, a timeout, 2nd and goal from the 1. Expecting Marshawn Lynch, Pats have their goalline D in. Try and catch them off guard since the passing game had recently been working. If it works, everyone thinks its genius. If its incomplete, no worries, you've got Beast Mode for 3rd and if necessary 4th down runs. Calling it a bad call or a bonehead play I think takes away from the insane game winning interception that an undrafted rookie made in the Superbowl.

It really was not a good call.  Here is my reasons why it was a screwed up call.  Lynch just ran the ball 4 yds to put you at the 1 yd line. You have 2nd and 1.  With the end of the game, you now have the rest of 3 downs to use. So all you need is 1 yd. in 3 downs.  You move forward, not backwards as in a shotgun formation at the 5 yd line.

Lynch is one of the top running backs in all the NFL.  Lynch just ran 4 yds. Lynch was carrying Patriots with him.  That is why he is called the Beast.  He is harder than heck to bring down.

Now most teams that have a great running back whom is having a good game, is gonna let the running back run it in with such short yardage.  If you do decide to pass and it is 2nd and 1, you toss it to the outside near the sidelines, IN THE ENDZONE.  On 2nd and 1, you gonna pass, you take a low risk pass not near defenders,because anyone defender close, you can toss it out of bounds and be safe for 3rd down.   Not only was the Pass Call a bad idea.  But the type of Pass Call, is what made it the worse call.  A high risk pass in the middle, not in the End Zone(Automatic Score).   And from the Shotgun, where there is no disguise of even a fake run and pass.   

If Lynch fumbles, then that is how it goes.  No 2nd guessing on my part, because he is the best option, other than my 2nd option toss in end zone to outside.  But I go with my 1st option all 3 downs, or even a QB sneak, because you are moving forward.  You tried to get in.  Make the Pats stop your best offensive weapon. 

It was so bad, it is instantly recognizable as one of the worst play calls ever in the Super Bowl or in Football.

It was a great interception. But the call was more shocking for some, than the play.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

Agree with RiverCat.
Both teams tried to lose the game. One succeeded.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

13 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2015-02-03 08:17:09)

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Go Dawgs!!!

J Dawg

Dumb luck is how the Seahawks got there in the first place. That onside kick vs. GB.
History shows us that Packers can beat Patriots in SuperBowls (and in the 2014 season).

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Go Dawgs!!!

J Dawg

Capitalizing on the mistakes of the opposing team is an important part of the game, the Seahawks made a huge mistake, and the Pats took advantage of it.  What does it say about the Seahawks if, as you say, the Pats did all they could do to lose, and still won? I am proud of their accomplishment.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

15 (edited by ohiodawg13 2015-02-03 20:28:17)

I stand by my comment, especially now that Pete the Cheat admits to calling the play. The last 2 minutes were like a playground scrimmage with both teams trying anything in their book. I know you Patriot fans feel this is a great accomplishment, but it was a bizarre ending created by a ludicrous play call. It's easier to see it that way as an outsider. The headline news was about the pass play call, but had the Seahawks punched it in the uproar would have been about the Pats letting time run off the clock with a timeout left! Woulda, shoulda, coulda, I say the luckier team won in this case.

Gimme Some Baseball!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Rusty wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Go Dawgs!!!

J Dawg

Capitalizing on the mistakes of the opposing team is an important part of the game, the Seahawks made a huge mistake, and the Pats took advantage of it.  What does it say about the Seahawks if, as you say, the Pats did all they could do to lose, and still won? I am proud of their accomplishment.

True Rusty, Seattle did all they could to lose the game too, and in the end they did.

As a Brit I probably don't have the right to comment on a very American spectacle, other than to say I love the game and have watched it for many years. I was for the 'Hawks, but admired the way the Pats came back to lead, as I thought the Seattle had steadied the ship well the 2nd half.
The game was tight, and with Seattle on the 1yrd line 2nd and goal to win, with a guy who had carried the ball like a monster all evening for me it was a no-brainer. I'm with the Cat and Dawg on this.

The decision to throw just dumbfounded me, but what do I know? It is so often how games are decided; wrong play, wrong guy but right place right moment.

To me though, the biggest injustice on the night was that Brady got MVP. Sure I know the stats and and and, but ON THE NIGHT, if a Patriot had to win it then the guy that hauled them through, time after time was Julian Edelmann. Small guy, massive heart.

Pretty sure though Lynch is still wondering why he hasn't got a second SB ring.........after all, we knew what he was there for...right?

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012