Topic: SNOW DAY!!

To all in the north east US and Canada...hope you have a safe day.  Blizzard like conditions here right now, Trans Canada Highway has been closed in places, city is shutting down, police telling everyone to just stay home if you are not essential at work.

I went in for a couple of hours this morning, wasn't too bad when I left.  Coming home was different though, near zero visibility most of the way.  Quite happy about having four new snow tires and all wheel drive, takes a bit of the stress away.

While I sit here typing I am also thinking about three weeks from today, when I will be boarding the Norwegian Pearl with my best friend, his beautiful wife of 25 years and all my Bonabuddies!!

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Re: SNOW DAY!!

I don't know how you Canadians can stand the regular diet of snow & cold weather.  I've had my fill already and I'm quite a bit south of you in Maryland.

Luckily the super-hyped storm of the century turned out to be a total bust here in my area - just a dusting.

Well up here near Boston we got most of the stuff that decided to not fall in Maryland.  Typical winter Nor'easter with a couple of feet (and then some) of snow, gale to hurricane force winds and very, very cold.  Lucky me got to stay over at work last night, which beat getting up at 4am and driving twenty miles in whiteout conditions.  Just another winter around here.  They are already talking about another one next week.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

And it's happening again!  I can't see across the street right now.  High winds, more than a foot of snow and I'm still pooped from the last storm.  Hope I don't run out of places to put it all.

Steve

Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

And more for Monday!  Aarghhhh!

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.

All this is going to make Joe's cruise that much better!!

Steve

MINI_Zoso wrote:

All this is going to make Joe's cruise that much better!!

Exactly why I chose not to go on the cruise.  Because Boston's airport gets so backed up with storms, and I probably could not have been able to get ample time off to allow a comfortable "what if the weather screws up" cushion from work I decided to give this one a pass (also since it is school vacation week around here the flight prices are astronomical).  Have fun in the sun.  My turn in Florida will be in March and I can't wait.

Sandy