Topic: Silver Jubilees are back

Came across this today....interesting they decided to do this....

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/2 … 2555-stack

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

Re: Silver Jubilees are back

Surely they mean the cabs are $800 each...not 1800?!

Time to buy an original one me thinks.

I found those prices outrageous...rather pay less for an original....

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

Sweetwater has the cabs for 1300 and the head for 1900.

Made in Britain with Pride - anyone expected it's gonna be cheap?

so at $2580 for the new Jub does this mean the original Jubs now are going to skyrocket?

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I'm wondering if they are exactly the same.  If they aren't, I would suspect nothing will change with the price of originals.  If they are the same ... would think it would hurt the value of orginals.

way overdue reissue in my opinion.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars:62 LP SG , 02 FB VII, JB FB I, 76 Electra Omega, 64 Firebird V, 73 LPC, 61 Custom Tele, 59 and 60 Melody Maker
Effects: Mythos Chupacabra, Strymon Deco/Flint

Hogsniper wrote:

I'm wondering if they are exactly the same.  If they aren't, I would suspect nothing will change with the price of originals.  If they are the same ... would think it would hurt the value of orginals.

Who knows the new ones may be better if they have replicated the diode configuration that gives it that magic. But having a few originals the quality contort back then must have not been that good because not all vintage Jubilees sound the same. If they can capture the magic tone and place right quality control then yeah baby the new ones will be awesome. But I will not hold my breath until I do a side by side comparison. My two cents
Cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I paid $1500 for my 50w in pretty much mint condition a couple of years ago, with the over 3000 SN.

Although, with the price of most of the boutique amps today, I really don't think these are too far out of line, and will probably sell very quickly.

jbyrd1 wrote:

I paid $1500 for my 50w in pretty much mint condition a couple of years ago, with the over 3000 SN.

Although, with the price of most of the boutique amps today, I really don't think these are too far out of line, and will probably sell very quickly.

I think you are correct

jbyrd1 wrote:

I couldn't read the article, couldn't get it to load for some reason....IF they are HANDWIRED, I agree.  If there's a PCB in there anywhere, the prices are ridiculous.  (not that I personally have anything against PCBs, I don't)

13 (edited by cindyron 2015-01-23 08:20:14)

ruger9 wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:

I couldn't read the article, couldn't get it to load for some reason....IF they are HANDWIRED, I agree.  If there's a PCB in there anywhere, the prices are ridiculous.  (not that I personally have anything against PCBs, I don't)

I can understand and agree to a point about hand wiring but many incredible amps out there even some amazing boutique builder units are second to none are hand wired. I personally would not get to hung up on the hand wired thing.
My two cents
Cheers Ron

ruger9 wrote:

AFAIK, the original uses PCBs too. I think only the "handwired series" are handwired point to point.

I expect those prices are MSRP, not street price. Sweetwater already has them discounted on their website: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/2555X

timb wrote:
ruger9 wrote:

AFAIK, the original uses PCBs too. I think only the "handwired series" are handwired point to point.

I expect those prices are MSRP, not street price. Sweetwater already has them discounted on their website: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/2555X

Yes MSRP

16 (edited by ruger9 2015-01-23 08:49:01)

cindyron wrote:
ruger9 wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:

I can understand and agree to a point about hand wiring but many incredible amps out there even some amazing boutique builder units are second to none are hand wired. I personally would not get to hung up on the hand wired thing.
My two cents
Cheers Ron

Did you even read my post?  I said I DON'T PERSONALLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PCBS...  my point was, if they are going to charge that much money, they SHOULD BE HANDWIRED for the cost.

A $2000 -$3000 "boutique" amp is handwired.   So if you're comparing the price of these new Jubs to boutique amps, compare the construction methods as well.

http://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-amp-h … e-head.asp

Women, whiskey and miles of travelin' is all I understand

....and i'm really looking for mr. J.B himself to tell the difference of these old  vs. new models.

You will play one of these Joe....right' ?

Women, whiskey and miles of travelin' is all I understand