Topic: Hello from the Uk

Wow what a forum! only one i know where the person in question actually post as well. I ashamedly admit i'm a new Joe fan. Heard the name banded round in the past but being an old git and set in my ways it's hard to accept anything new. Anyway recorded the Albert hall concert from 2009 before Christmas and have been watching it over and over and can confirm i'm officially a convertee. One thing that strikes me about Joe is his commitment to his fans and his willingness to talk to them whereas so many other 'stars' shun away from them. so good on ya Joe
Aside from Joe i'm a big David Gilmour, Gary Moore and Led Zeppelin fan.

Gear wise i own a Fender David Gilmour Relic Strat and a Ovation Custom Legend 1619/4 although i have owned a couple of Les paul's in the past as well as countless other guitars including a Gretsch G6120 1957. My next guitar will be a R9 either a lemonburst or a skinnerburst. (well i can dream till it happens)

David

Re: Hello from the Uk

Hi Welcome to the group...enjoy the topics

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Hey there, David, nice to have you with us!

Don't be shy about just discovering Joe, we all had to start somewhere. 

You will enjoy the addiction!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Hi from another Brit. Similar in both music and apparent age. Enjoy the forum for news gossip and gear if, as it sounds, you are into that. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Thanks for the welcome, other than joe what other musicinas float your boat?

David.247 wrote:

Thanks for the welcome, other than joe what other musicinas float your boat?

Same as yours really but with a smattering of Iron Maiden. Free were an all time favourite , Tedeschi Trucks band, and of the younger bands such as Aynsley Lister, Chantel McGregor etc. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome to the forum, David!!  It's damn near impossible not to admire David Gilmour, easily one of my favorite guitarists of all time.  And this Joe guy is pretty good too.  wink

Nice to have you here.hope you join in.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Welcome David! I cant tell you how many times I've heard of people becoming fans because of the RAH show, and I'm one of them. I bought the DVD a few days after I saw a few videos on youtube, and proceeded to watch it over and over.
    I'm also a fan of Gilmore, Moore and Zep. Last year I bought a JB Les Paul Goldtop and I love it! Like you, I'm thinking of an R9 next.
Enjoy the great people and the topics.

Cheers
Rusty

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Welcome David! Glad to have another fan on board the BonaTrain.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Glad to be here Rick.
Rusty i'm hoping to get it on blu ray but i have it recorded on sky and i've saved a lot of his albums on spotify.
Gary, I hope i contribute some worthwhile opinions

Welcome to Bonamassaville, David! As you may know, Joe has big love for you Brits...if I lived where you lived, I've have seen him live 20-30 times by now!  big_smile

Enjoy the place, and please post often...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

I know he's playing here in a few months , unfortunately i don't have the spare cash to go and see him but would dearly love to

Hello and welcome.

Welcome to the forum David!

No shame bein a tad late .. done that!

Ur here now .. all that matters wink

Enjoy the topics and great folks here

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

16 (edited by David.247 2015-01-24 21:08:24)

Thanks for the welcome wvgirlinky and Buzzy, looking forwards to chatting to the good folks here at Bona fide forum

Welcome to the forum David! Glad you found Joe...and this place, the greatest forum on the www.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hi David,

I am also a 'new' fan of Joe's and have recently joined this forum this morning. Annie, an old school friend of mine also happens to be a big fan of Joe's too.

I was baking cakes in December 13 and I heard what could only be described as a guitar singing as my partner had turned over from Harry Connick Jnr's show on Sky Arts to Joe's Beacon Theater performance on Sky Arts 2 I think it was. I had to turn my mixer off and put aside my baking endeavours as I have been captivated ever since.

Annie and I embarked on acquiring tickets for my 30th birthday and we ended up seeing him three times on March when he was in London. The poor soul was really under the weather and you could tell he was really ill on the Friday night. Bless him.

I hope you have managed to get tickets during the autumn tour of the UK. We are back to see him at Liverpool and this time my partner is coming too.

Sarah x