Topic: Asking for Prayers

I've seen that this is a very communal and generous forum of people, so if I'm not out of place I'd like to ask you all for prayers (or well wishes)

My wife Shannon and I are expecting our third baby this Spring. We've just found out that there is a serious complication though which could mean that the baby (our third little girl) is in serious jeopardy, and will possibly have to rush down to Philadelphia for a specialized surgery as its a rare condition. We have an ultrasound tomorrow which should tell us more.

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place, and I usually try to avoid sharing very personal details, but any prayers and well wishes would be greatly appreciated.

Jack

Re: Asking for Prayers

Prayers sent Jack. My thoughts are with you in this difficult time. I have two grown up children myself and know how precious a gift from the universe they are. It sounds like your wife is in good medical hands, however. Stay strong.

real59er wrote:

Prayers sent Jack. My thoughts are with you in this difficult time. I have two grown up children myself and know how precious a gift from the universe they are. It sounds like your wife is in good medical hands, however. Stay strong.

Thank you, we truly appreciate it. There are alot of ways it could go at this point, but you're right, modern medicine is incredible and the hospital we'd be going to is the best - its such a rare condition that in fact 10 or 15 years ago, there would be nothing that could be done. Just finding the balance now of preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

Jack, You and your family will be in my prayers. Be strong.
Rusty

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

I don't usually pray but my thoughts are with you. Good luck!

I'm broke, motherf**ker!

jackfossett wrote:
real59er wrote:

Thank you, we truly appreciate it. There are alot of ways it could go at this point, but you're right, modern medicine is incredible and the hospital we'd be going to is the best - its such a rare condition that in fact 10 or 15 years ago, there would be nothing that could be done. Just finding the balance now of preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

... finding the balance and managing the stress you and your wife will be under. Remember to take extra good care of yourselves and your girls. Positive thoughts - always.

Allan

Will keep your family in my prayers.

Sam

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Thanks again everyone - nice to have people in your corner!
I know that praying isn't everyone's thing, and in most cases one of my primary life rules is to never discuss religion on the internet, but right now just trying to do all I can for the family. So like I said, any prayers, well wishes, happy hopeful thoughts and general good juju mean alot!

Jack my prayers are with you and your family.
Don't fret about asking for prayers ect.There have been many situations with members here that prayers have been given.Wether specifically asked for or just put out there.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Praying for you Jack and your family!  Hope you receive positive results from the ultrasound!

Jim

Jack, my thoughts are with you and your family and I hope that everything goes well.

Hope you hear some positive news from the ultrasound. Can't even imagine the stress you and your wife must be under. I'll be thinking of you both and thinking positive thoughts. Try and stay strong for each other and your family.

Hi Jack
Sorry to hear of your news. My prayers will go out to you and your wife.

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

My prayers as well. We lost a child in pregnancy. I feel your anguish.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

I'll be praying for all of you, Jack.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Thinking only good things for you and your family. Baby medicine has a lot of amazing and miraculous things these days.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

17 (edited by Rocket 2015-01-21 18:34:17)

A late post, but some special praying for you and all yours I will offer.  I have a feeling things will work out good. 

Hang in there, and I with many others hope for the best today, and all the way. 

Calm ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Hi Jack,

I'm so sorry to hear of your situation.  Although I am a brand new member here, I want to let you know that you, your wife, and soon to be baby girl are in my prayers.  Although I have no children of my own, I lost my mother this past June to Pancreatic Cancer and my father has just been diagnosed with lung cancer.  Although I don't know the specifics of your situation, I do know the stress, fear, and anxiety that comes with it.  Please know that you are not alone as I, as well as everyone who reads your post are with you!  Stay positive and be strong.  Easier said than done, but prayer really works.  Life is a precious gift, and God has a plan for everyone.  Please keep us all posted and we will continue praying for you and your family.

Sincerely,

Brian

"There's a hard life for every silver spoon, there's a touch of grey for every shade of blue.  That's the way that I see life.  If there was nothing wrong, then there'd be nothing right." - Brent Smith
"The blues aint nothing but a good man feeling bad". Leon Redbone