Topic: Hello From New Newbie From New Orleans

Hi

My name is Brian and I've been playing guitar steady for 3 years now. (Not including classes I took when I was in 3rd grade a out the year Joe was born)!  I've heard about Joe, read up on him, and I finally sat down and listened and watched a couple of DVD's over the weekend.  I have friends that play guitar and they all have nothing but praise for him.  Now I see why!  Just by watching his technique, work ethic, stage presence, and professionalism, he is a true gift to music fans of all genres.  I will quit my job if I have to to get a chance to see him live here in New Orleans and Missisppi!  He is one of the only younger musicians that "gets it".  His playing style and talent are awe inspiring and mind blowing!
  I personally grew up on bands like KISS and hair metal from the 70s and 80s, but I've been studying Clapton, Gary Clark Jr., and just really appreciating and respecting the rock and blues scene from past to present.  I'm such a fan of classic rock and blues, I once drove from New Orleans to Atlants to meet Ace Frehley and bring him a king cake during Mardi Grad season!  Joe Bonamassa has mastered his craft and I feel priveledged to have the chance to enjoy his music and can't wait to see him live!  I play mostly Gibson and Epiphone Les Pauls.  I have a traditional pro Goldtop that I love, but now I'm gassing for the JB GoldTop!  Anyways, hello from Brian Down here in New Orleans.

"There's a hard life for every silver spoon, there's a touch of grey for every shade of blue.  That's the way that I see life.  If there was nothing wrong, then there'd be nothing right." - Brent Smith
"The blues aint nothing but a good man feeling bad". Leon Redbone

Re: Hello From New Newbie From New Orleans

Welcome to the forum!!  Yes, Joe is incredibly gifted but he has worked his tail off to get to where he is today.  I have nothing but admiration for him and his ability to play guitar and reach an audience with his music. 

Oh, if you can get your hands on a JB Goldtop you're going to love it!!

Welcom Brian! Glad to have you aboard, there are lots of Knowledgeable folks here always willing to help and answer questions. I bought my JB goldtop new last year, and I love it. One of our members has two JB Goldtops for sale. The seller, Ron, has loads of knowledge and you cant go wrong making a purchase from him.

https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=27631

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Welcome to all things Joe. Many great people here and of course everything about Joe. As a FYI I have two of Joes original run of the 300 les paul Goldtops that I will be putting on eBay soon. If you are interested send me a PM.
Cheers and welcome aboard
Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Hi and welcome to the group...enjoy the topics

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Hi there Brian.  Nice to have you here!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Hi and welcome from the UK also. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome, Brian! Love your handle!!!

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

9 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-01-12 14:35:48)

BarbieD wrote:

Is your handle a nod to your former KISS days? big_smile

I was at that magic age of 10 when KISS Alive came out ... so I know your pain! big_smile ... nah ... still have a soft spot for that album.

Welcome to the House that Joe built.

Edit:
Couldn't resist a video link ... but my apologies to all for doing so ... is this the first KISS video link on the Forum? ... if so ... again, my apologies.

Parasite Live 1975: http://youtu.be/gH4habH5cWU  (CrazyNights14)  (During their All Gibson's days! smile)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

RoadcaseBoy wrote:
BarbieD wrote:

I was at that magic age of 10 when KISS Alive came out ... so I know your pain! big_smile ... nah ... still have a soft spot for that album.

Edit:
Couldn't resist a video link ... but my apologies to all for doing so ... is this the first KISS video link on the Forum? ... if so ... again, my apologies.

Parasite Live 1975: http://youtu.be/gH4habH5cWU  (CrazyNights14)  (During their All Gibson's days! smile)

Not a KISS fan so didn't know the Parasite reference was to them. I just thought it was a pretty funny name. Still learning after all these years...

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Edit:

Yes!  It's a nod to KISS!  I still love them to death!  Have an autographed Paul Stanley Washburn by all members, even Ace and Peter! Lol!

"There's a hard life for every silver spoon, there's a touch of grey for every shade of blue.  That's the way that I see life.  If there was nothing wrong, then there'd be nothing right." - Brent Smith

BarbieD wrote:

Thanks!  It's from KISS.  They have a song by the same name! smile

xland wrote:

Welcome to the forum!!  Yes, Joe is incredibly gifted but he has worked his tail off to get to where he is today.  I have nothing but admiration for him and his ability to play guitar and reach an audience with his music. 

Oh, if you can get your hands on a JB Goldtop you're going to love it!!

I currently have 13 guitars, 7 of which I play, the others are case queens, or have KISS and Shinedown autographs on them! 

Number 14 will definitely be the JB GoldTop!  smile

Edit:
Couldn't resist a video link ... but my apologies to all for doing so ... is this the first KISS video link on the Forum? ... if so ...

Not a KISS fan so didn't know the Parasite reference was to them. I just thought it was a pretty funny name. Still learning after all these years...

I'll make a deal with you! You teach me everything I need to know about Joe, and I'll teach you everything you need to know about the best Party Band (KISS) in the world! smile

15 (edited by Parasite68 2015-01-12 17:26:24)

cindyron wrote:

Welcome to all things Joe. Many great people here and of course everything about Joe. As a FYI I have two of Joes original run of the 300 les paul Goldtops that I will be putting on eBay soon. If you are interested send me a PM.
Cheers and welcome aboard
Ron

LOL!  You're killing me!  I just bought a used 2011 Traditional Pro GoldTop!  I'm so out of money!  I spent all of it on Ace Frehley Budokan Les Pauls!  I'm dying for a bonamassa GT though.

I may have to mod my trad pro with the black pu rings and pick guard until I can really pull the trigger!  Oh yeah, and change the speed knobs too! smile

Thanks to all for the warm welcomes!  I'm ready to have fun on this forum!  I do have a question though. I collect autographs of my favorite musicians and over the weekend I broke my own rule and bought one of Joe off of eBay.  I normally get my signatures in person either at hotels, outside of tour buses, or meet and greets.  Having said all of that, can someone tell me how to attach a photo for you guys to look at and give me your opinion of the signature.  The picture is what really caught my eye....  It's just him crouching down over an acoustic guitar in what looks to be a subway station!

Thanks in advance! 
Brian

17 (edited by RickB 2015-01-12 21:30:39)

That would have been his busking before the New York Beacon gigs. Could have been a screen capture from the vid. Welcome to the forum. You have to accumulate a few posts before a link can be posted.  (a way to keep the spammers at bay) You'll need a host for the pix and then post the link here.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:

That would have been his busking before the New York Beacon gigs. Could have been a screen capture from the vid. Welcome to the forum. You have to accumulate a few posts before a link can be posted.  (a way to keep the spammers at bay) You'll need a host for the pix and then post the link here.
Rick

Thanks Rick!

Brian