Topic: Blu-ray high fidelity pure audio

Does anybody have any experience with the new bluray audio disk? It's kind of the evolution of SCAD's but only requires a regular blue ray player. I don't really know the history but there doesn't seem to be a large selection of artist. I just found out about it while reading about Bryan Adams Reckless Anniversey release. I just ordered the Led Zeppelin Celebration Day blu ray cd to test it. If I like it I might pick up Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Hypnotic eye. It's cool that on some of the releases you get a high quality download as well.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

Re: Blu-ray high fidelity pure audio

I just have one: Rush - 2112

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

dknight16 wrote:

I just have one: Rush - 2112

Whats your opinion of it, Is it a noticeable upgrade to a regular cd?

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic

I have not A:B'd it yet.  Too lazy I guess.  When I bought it, I didn't have a decent pair of headphones. Have them now, so no longer a good excuse.  Quite honestly, I think my tinnitus is going to prevent me from accurately determining the level of improvement (or perhaps the limitations on 1970's recording technology).

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Yeah that make it alittle hard to hear. I've read that everything sounds more natural and less compressed. On some of the older stuff there's only going to be so much that can be done.