1 (edited by cindyron 2014-11-28 21:28:28)

Topic: skinner aged/signed serial #18 for sale >update sold went to conn

Hi all
I was fortunate to score two Skinner Aged/signed. I have serial #18 and serial number #1 yes hard to believe serial #001. I scored #1 after serial #18 and since I do not need two and with having serial#001 no point in keeping #18. They both play the same these guitars play like butter. Amazing instruments. I was lucky enough to play the real Skinner and Gibson hit it dead on. So I thought I would ask any on Joes forum if they are interested in purchasing #18 before I do the eBay thing. I would rather someone here have this guitar. Purchased new only been in my studio all case candy etc etc I will let it go for $12,500.
>update: I really would like someone on this forum to get this guitar so before eBay I will let it go for $11k. You pay for shipping and ins.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Re: skinner aged/signed serial #18 for sale >update sold went to conn

Good luck with your sale Ron. Someone will be very happy.

I'd be very happy if I had $12,500 + airfare to grab that... Note.. I'm not very happy.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Nice one...good luck with your sale.....:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

I always thought it's a matter of how the guitar sounds, not the numbers... smile)) But I understand you, Ron.

Good luck with the sale! All the best!

6 (edited by cindyron 2014-10-15 05:56:25)

HellRot wrote:

I always thought it's a matter of how the guitar sounds, not the numbers... smile)) But I understand you, Ron.

Good luck with the sale! All the best!

Yes you are correct it is about how they sound. The two I have are amazing and they both feel and sound the same. I can't tell the difference between the two. Since I want to sell one I think the obvious choice is #18. Really I scored #0001 this baby will stay with me. The only way I will sell it is if personnel matter merit I must sell or if Joe would want it.
Cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I'm working on a job promotion. This would be a nice gift to myself. Too bad I just applied for it today, and the university process to hire is rather slow. Would be tough to swing it.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

8 (edited by cindyron 2014-10-15 08:32:41)

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

I'm working on a job promotion. This would be a nice gift to myself. Too bad I just applied for it today, and the university process to hire is rather slow. Would be tough to swing it.

Hi Nic
Good luck on the promotion I hope all works out for you
Cheers Ron

Hi all
Just back from helping out at Foxwoods for the Rock and Roll Fantasy camp. I will provide pics if anybody is interested. It's new what can I say had it since May and never left the studio. Make me an offer I would rather it go to one of you guys.
My plans are to keep #18 here to see if any Bonabuds are interested then I was thinking to do the eBay thing in a few weeks. So pass the word
Cheers Ron

pm sent

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

pm sent

Hi nick I responded
Cheers Ron

I would "kill" for this guitar...wish there was a way to pull it off.  It is exactly what I want and the serial # has some significance to me...but she became available the wrong year with 2 of my boys getting married...broke isn't the word...LOL...lay-away??? LOL

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

LesPaul4 wrote:

I would "kill" for this guitar...wish there was a way to pull it off.  It is exactly what I want and the serial # has some significance to me...but she became available the wrong year with 2 of my boys getting married...broke isn't the word...LOL...lay-away??? LOL

Feel for you man. I've lost count of the number of guitars I've missed out on due to bad timing (the skinnerburst is one). That said, I've still got a great little guitar collection that's perfect for me. The good thing is every year there's a great new guitar to buy - and I'm sure you'll run out of weddings calling on your cash eventually!

Nik Huber Orca, Gibson Custom Shop Siberian Tiger Les Paul Standard, Haydn Williams Evo Pro, MusicMan JP15, Gibson Les Paul Bonamassa Studio, Fender Strat. Marshall 1987x, Bad Cat Black Cat, Mesa Boogie Mark V, Cornell Romany

14 (edited by Stefan76 2014-10-17 14:12:43)

18 is my number, so when i saw #18 for sale i thought it was a sign the guitar was calling me...then i added shipping costs to Europe,insurance,  import and duty taxes and VAT and the dream became a nightmare!!!

And i don't want my other guitars to be jealous, so better resist this devil's temptation..."It's hard, so hard - it's tearing out my heart It's hard letting you gooooooo!"

smile

Fender John Mayer, Clapton CS, Ash Tele Am. Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul std. 2005, Es-335 Bonamassa (JB328), Warren Haynes; PRS Tremonti 10 Top; Asher Ben Harper Sig. / Martin D41; Taylor 914CE; Takamine TNV460SC; Rockbridge SJ & 000-12/ Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature V3; Marshall TSL100; Fender Twin Reverb '65; Orange Tiny Terror, Blackstar Artisan 15 Combo.

15 (edited by MINI_Zoso 2014-10-18 07:58:43)

I just noticed in another members signature "Skinnerburst #018 aged"?  Has this beauty found a new home?

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

16 (edited by cindyron 2014-10-18 08:33:35)

MINI_Zoso wrote:

I just noticed in another members signature "Skinnerburst #018 aged"?  Has this beauty found a new home?

The one I am selling is aged and signed. Only 50 of these were made Joe signed and he wrote in the serial # in marker. The others are serialized by Gibson the usaul way

Makes sense then, must not be of that run of 50.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Hi all I would really like someon on this forum to get this guitar so I will let it go for $11k you pay for shipping and ins.
Cheers Ron