Topic: JB Fuzz Face used for Ryan McGarvey's video and song "Memphis"

So this isn't a section of the forum that I normally check out as I am all about all things photography, lol. I thought that those who are interested in hearing what the JB Fuzz Face can do might want to check out Ryan McGarvey's new video "Memphis". He told me that the only pedal used is the JB Fuzz Face that Joe gave him and his delay at the end of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYR4IkH9 … e=youtu.be

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Re: JB Fuzz Face used for Ryan McGarvey's video and song "Memphis"

He is getting some awesome tones on that video. Thanks for sharing.

3 (edited by timb 2014-10-03 15:15:59)

In a tie-in to the Les Paul alternative thread, he's playing the option I asked about, specifically a Duesenberg Starplayer.

There's a no-f-hole star player closing on eBay shortly that I keep telling myself I don't need.

But given the tone he can get out of that guitar without even plugging it in, maybe I should get one. :-)

Cool tones, but the lyrics Ryan.... the lyrics!

I love Ryan McGarvey, but I think a teenager new to blues could have written those lyrics. When I heard "Woke up this morning" I was like 'oh God, here we go...

Maybe the song has to grow on me or the timing was bad due to other stuff going on, but I thought the lyrics to that song were not clever at all. I'm usually one for the 'if it ain't broke-don't fix it' attitude, but there's a million other stereotypically written blues songs I'd rather listen to. Nothing blows away the competition in this track. end rant.

I still love Ryan and his body of work. If he ever came to Detroit I wouldn't boo the song, and I would clap accordingly. big_smile

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool