Topic: JB Trading Pins

Just saw an email about JB trading pins.  The inaugural pin is available for purchase now.  Let me see if I can link for you.

http://jbonamassa.com/jb-pin-collecting … ick%20Here

I'm addicted.

Re: JB Trading Pins

Interesting.I like the pin.Hmmm pin of the month.
Why Am I thinking stamps next?!!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Interesting - but $5 postage for something that basically could be sent in an envelope?

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

hmmm I don't know if i'm feeling the pin idea...i'm sure they'll sell out of these though!

Must be taking a cue from Gene Simmons ;-) Coming soon- JB toilet paper, pyjamas and condoms!

Clone wrote:

Must be taking a cue from Gene Simmons ;-) Coming soon- JB toilet paper, pyjamas and condoms!

And no JB First Aid Kit would be complete without a Kevin Shirley Compression bandage.

Clone wrote:

Agreed.  I'm out when we get the Bonamassa coffin

squawken wrote:

Agreed.  I'm out when we get the Bonamassa coffin

but you get buried with a Real 59 LP

I thought the pins were kind geeky okay

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Is there any relationship to Joe wearing the principal Skinner pin on his guitar strap during Beaver Creek?  If you go to the 3:54 mark of John Henry that Natasha recorded, you can see it above the JB logo.

10 (edited by Rusty 2014-10-01 13:36:13)

JJ wrote:

Is there any relationship to Joe wearing the principal Skinner pin on his guitar strap during Beaver Creek?  If you go to the 3:54 mark of John Henry that Natasha recorded, you can see it above the JB logo.

When you see the principal skinner pin on the strap, that means its the real deal, if no pin, its the skinnerburst reissue/copy.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

I believe Joe got the Principal Skinner pin from our very own Jane H.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Jane H. wrote:

yes i gave Joe that Principal Skinner pin as a gift. little did i know it would become a permanent fixture and Joe would give me a bunch of shout outs about it. I knew he was a Simpsons fan and that he had named his guitar Principal Skinner after the fact he bought it at a place with Skinner in the name.
When i saw this thread i did wonder about selling them but i doubt that will become one of the JB pins for many reasons. They sure are hard to find. I have one spare but still am on the lookout for them in the used items marketplaces.

anyway i was wondering what we could do with the JB pins and adorning guitar straps sounds like a cool thing.
i sincerely hope that when they say limited edition they mean it in the way most people understand it/. yeah still stuck on that bobblehead thing hmm

it doesn't seem like too bad a price but not sure i should get into collecting these things. i think i better make up my mind soon though if i want one. i bet they will sell well.

Hi Jane
When I was in Colorado I was invited to rehearsel at UC. Joe showed me all his guitars and handed me Skinner. I played the real deal and saw your pin. Joe told me that you had given it to him. So cool. Q

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Jane H. wrote:

yes i gave Joe that Principal Skinner pin as a gift. little did i know it would become a permanent fixture and Joe would give me a bunch of shout outs about it. I knew he was a Simpsons fan and that he had named his guitar Principal Skinner after the fact he bought it at a place with Skinner in the name.

BEST GIFT EVER Jane! I always think of you whenever I see Joe playing that guitar and see the pin smile

Damn, a new pin every month? That sounds like a whole lot of pins. Guess that depends on how long they run the program.

Glad to finally learn who Principal Skinner is. I'v never once watched the Simpsons.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

I'm as big a Joe fan as the next guy and I don't blame anyone for trying to make an extra buck, but, when did we become 14 year old girls. (no offense to 14 year old girls) It just seems more in line with Justin Bieber or John Mayer.  Never thought of Joe in that light and don't want to.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

bobkatmsu wrote:

I'm as big a Joe fan as the next guy and I don't blame anyone for trying to make an extra buck, but, when did we become 14 year old girls. (no offense to 14 year old girls) It just seems more in line with Justin Bieber or John Mayer.  Never thought of Joe in that light and don't want to.

lol. Make that 17 year old girls. I think I was on a pin binge in high school and my super-cool Levi's jean jacket held them all! Scorpions, Y&T, Bozo the Clown - just to name a few.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

17 (edited by gary 2014-10-01 21:04:33)

bobkatmsu wrote:

I think this was all from the marketing peeps don't "pin" this one on  Joe!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

bobkatmsu wrote:

You didn't buy the Bonamassa beach towel, flip flops, beach ball bundle then? :)