Topic: Different 2015 Tour- Summer

Tweeted Joe to ask about future pure blues shows. Here is response:

"We are doing a summer tour next year celebrating the music of the Three Kings".

I've been excited ever since I got that response as it came so out of the blue (no pun intended). The shows in Beaver Creek and Red Rocks were fantastic and I can't wait to see more like them. I just hope, if it is indeed a tour, that it is here in the US. I'll go where I have to in this country to see it (don't know if the budget can handle an overseas tour stop)

Re: Different 2015 Tour- Summer

norton wrote:

"We are doing a summer tour next year celebrating the music of the Three Kings".

Hmm, I am very intrigued.

Sounds like a road trip for sure. Can he top Red Rocks? I bet he can!
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

xland wrote:
norton wrote:

Hmm, I am very intrigued.

sounds like a Blues tribute tour with horns and play

Albert, B.B. and Freddie King

Nice scoop norton! Maybe Red Rocks part two?

Lee wrote:

Nice scoop norton! Maybe Red Rocks part two?

That's what I was wondering. Since they supposedly invited him back to play there again. This sounds like a really cool tour.

Red Rocks and a tribute to the three Kings?  I'll start saving now if such a thing could happen.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

8 (edited by norton 2014-09-24 22:44:12)

Nice scoop norton! Maybe Red Rocks part two

Thanks Lee. Honestly, the question of whether he would ever play another show or series of shows like the Muddy Wolf shows in Colorado and Wyoming had been on my mind ever since Red Rocks ended. I LOVE Joe playing the blues! I think he is the best blues guitarist of all time and when people see him play an entire concert of blues classics they will see for themselves.  That show in Beaver Creek will stay w/ me forever. I could easily have sat thru the same show again and again it was so good. Obviously others thought so too. It is a marketable idea and I am glad he and his management are running with it. I suspect his popularity will go up exponentially as it did after RAH when many fans get to see the Red Rocks show on PBS.

Somewhere after Red Rocks ended there was a poll (from the email on The Pickup maybe...I don't honestly remember) from Kevin Shirley asking fans who they'd like to see Joe do a similar show on. (I said the 3 Kings and SRV..but would have thrown Luther Allison in there too if I was thinking) That poll got me wondering whether it was being seriously considered or just a throw away question to his fans. When I saw Joe was taking an hour of questions on Twitter yesterday I decided to ask. His answer shocked me and made me incredibly happy at the same time! When I looked at his response saying it would be a TOUR (not a show or series of shows) I got to wondering how many and where. I'm all in! Please just let it be in the US and let me get tickets!

norton wrote:

Nice scoop norton! Maybe Red Rocks part two

Thanks Lee. Honestly, the question of whether he would ever play another show or series of shows like the Muddy Wolf shows in Colorado and Wyoming had been on my mind ever since Red Rocks ended. I LOVE Joe playing the blues! I think he is the best blues guitarist of all time and when people see him play an entire concert of blues classics they will see for themselves.  That show in Beaver Creek will stay w/ me forever. I could easily have sat thru the same show again and again it was so good. Obviously others thought so too. It is a marketable idea and I am glad he and his management are running with it. I suspect his popularity will go up exponentially as it did after RAH when many fans get to see the Red Rocks show on PBS.

Somewhere after Red Rocks ended there was a poll (from the email on The Pickup maybe...I don't honestly remember) from Kevin Shirley asking fans who they'd like to see Joe do a similar show on. (I said the 3 Kings and SRV..but would have thrown Luther Allison in there too if I was thinking) That poll got me wondering whether it was being seriously considered or just a throw away question to his fans. When I saw Joe was taking an hour of questions on Twitter yesterday I decided to ask. His answer shocked me and made me incredibly happy at the same time! When I looked at his response saying it would be a TOUR (not a show or series of shows) I got to wondering how many and where. I'm all in! Please just let it be in the US and let me get tickets!

Joe can't seem to keep a secret. Actually I just think he is very excited about taking the show on the road. Three Kings is the only possible way to top Muddy/Wolf.

10 (edited by norton 2014-09-24 23:31:10)

Joe can't seem to keep a secret. Actually I just think he is very excited about taking the show on the road. Three Kings is the only possible way to top Muddy/Wolf

I'm glad he can't! It lets me get excited and start saving for it. Jim, can you at least tell me if it will be in the US?

That band was soooo good and Joe was so fired up for it, it would be a shame if he didn't take it on the road. Joe's playing adds a LOT to the catalogs of the legends. His interpretations are wonderful and his energy and that of his band was enormously powerful. You could see, especially at a small venue like Beaver Creek, what a blast they were having. At Red Rocks, you could see what a blast 9,500 people were having!

I expect we are all intrigued and excited by Joe's teaser. The current tour dates only go to May 16 as far as I can see, which I consider is still Spring in the northern hemisphere. I assume Joe will then take a few weeks off to prepare for the Three Kings Tour. I just hope the tour caravan makes it back to the UK as I love seeing Joe play the Blues as only he can. It definitely won't be the Same Old Blues!

Fingers crossed till next year. smile

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

i was gonna post exactly this, Joe show do a BB Albert & Freddie show and would be the only way to top MuddyWolf, and he already had it lined up lol

I think we may see Joe cry on them shows, they are truly 3 of his own music idols and it will be the greatest honour for him and fun choosing their best songs, that will be hugely emotional for Joe

But im predicting these will be Joe's Greatest Performances Ever, he wouldnt do it unless it was 300%, they will draw large Audiences, be great if he plays the grand old historic theatres across USA that these legends graced

Sure he had the best fun with the MuddyWolf band, and wants to top it, this is basically the ony way in tribute to 3 Legends and 3 Kings of Blues

This will be one of Joe Career Highlights for sure cool

............... Michael

im sure Reese will be there plus the same band from Red Rocks

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

norton wrote:

Joe can't seem to keep a secret. Actually I just think he is very excited about taking the show on the road. Three Kings is the only possible way to top Muddy/Wolf

I'm glad he can't! It lets me get excited and start saving for it. Jim, can you at least tell me if it will be in the US?

That band was soooo good and Joe was so fired up for it, it would be a shame if he didn't take it on the road. Joe's playing adds a LOT to the catalogs of the legends. His interpretations are wonderful and his energy and that of his band was enormously powerful. You could see, especially at a small venue like Beaver Creek, what a blast they were having. At Red Rocks, you could see what a blast 9,500 people were having!

I prefer Joe be the one that spills the beans.

jim m wrote:
norton wrote:

I prefer Joe be the one that spills the beans.

That's fine. Good things are worth waiting for. I just don't want to be asleep at the switch when he announces it!

The May 6th show in Sacramento will have the greatest guitar player since a guy named "Jimi" played there in Sept of 1968...uhhh.....no I was only 10 at the time, but I would have gone if someone would have bought me a ticket cool

i hope joe slips in one of those MuddyWolf tunes, OMFG

........... Michael

maybe we need a fan poll

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Michael wrote:

i hope joe slips in one of those MuddyWolf tunes, OMFG

........... Michael

maybe we need a fan poll

Michael I wish I had had the opportunity to meet you in the parking lot at Red Rocks. You were always so wrapped up in conversation I didn't want to disturb you.

Spoonful or Double Trouble (or damn near anything else would be nice) but you know he could play I Gave You Everything "Cept the Blues and I'd be pretty damn happy too. That would could have been written by Elmore James himself.

Wonder when we'll get more details on this? I hope soon!