Topic: Hi from London, England

Hi I'm Danny from London.  I am seeing Joe in March at the Hammersmith Apollo and I play guitar.

Joe is joint top in my list of greatest guitarist who ever lived along with David Gilmour and Eric Clapton with Jimmy Page second and Jeff Beck third.

"Anyone can play the notes but only a chosen few can make the music" Said by, well, me.

Re: Hi from London, England

Hey! Welcome Danny! Great list you have there, post often! smile

welcome to all things Joe
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Welcome Danny. Your list includes some of my favorite guitarists!

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Welcome, Danny!!  It's hard to argue with your list of favorite guitarists.  D

Hi and welcome big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

My dream would be Joe Bonamassa with Guests David Gilmour and Eric Clapton.

"Anyone can play the notes but only a chosen few can make the music" Said by, well, me.

If you check out the Royal Albert Hall cd or dvd Eric Clapton guests with him on "further on up the road!"

danny.newman wrote:

Hello and welcome

edragoo wrote:

If you check out the Royal Albert Hall cd or dvd Eric Clapton guests with him on "further on up the road!"

danny.newman wrote:

I've just recorded the concert on Sky Arts 1.  Will buckle up for the ride!

11 (edited by danny.newman 2014-09-20 04:30:57)

I wonder if Joe has ever played with Dave Gilmour?

Oh you're in for a real treat! This is practically the concert that changed Joe's career as a lot of people heard about him through the Royal Albert Hall! It's still to this day my favorite dvd of his! Don't forget to post what you think about it! smile

danny.newman wrote:
edragoo wrote:

danny.newman wrote:

I have a concert of his on CD, Live from Nowhere in Particular.  Anyone know where it was recorded?  I heard it was an amalgamation of various live concerts?

edragoo wrote:

Oh you're in for a real treat! This is practically the concert that changed Joe's career as a lot of people heard about him through the Royal Albert Hall! It's still to this day my favorite dvd of his! Don't forget to post what you think about it! smile

danny.newman wrote:
edragoo wrote:

danny.newman wrote:

I have a concert of his on CD, Live from Nowhere in Particular.  Anyone know where it was recorded?  I heard it was an amalgamation of various live concerts?

edragoo wrote:

danny.newman wrote:

You are correct, an amalgamation from a number of shows...although (as far as I know) it has never been officially announced which shows.
This was originally set to be recorded from a single show: House of Blues Chicago, but it was decided to tape numerous shows from that tour and pick the best of the best.
The Chicago show was great and I still wonder if the CD includes any songs from that night.
Side note: LD Miller joined Joe on stage and they blew the roof off the place.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

You are correct, an amalgamation from a number of shows...although (as far as I know) it has never been officially announced which shows.
This was originally set to be recorded from a single show: House of Blues Chicago, but it was decided to tape numerous shows from that tour and pick the best of the best.
The Chicago show was great and I still wonder if the CD includes any songs from that night.

I absolutely love that CD.  My favourite tracks are India/Mountain Time, Django/Just Got Paid, Sloe Gin, Bridge to Better Days, Ball Peen Hammer and One of These Days.

I have Shepherd's Bush Empire which sadly seems to be heavily edited as it sounds like Joe is using India to open Mountain Time but the edit seems to start some way into India.

It takes me to another topic I am posting on here about the genesis of Joe's live music compared to his studio albums as the Mountain Time on Shepherd's Bush Empire is vastly different to the upbeat, pop-rock (what we Brits term as "Indie") styling of the studio version.  I have to say I actually sit on the fence as I love both versions.  Although I prefer the version of India/Django Joe uses to open the song live (played by "violining" the guitar - Non-guitarists, that's turning the volume down and turning it up and then down again immediately after striking the string making it sound like a bowed violin).

danny.newman wrote:

I absolutely love that CD.  My favourite tracks are India/Mountain Time, Django/Just Got Paid, Sloe Gin, Bridge to Better Days, Ball Peen Hammer and One of These Days (when I first saw this, I actually thought it was going to be a cover of Pink Floyd's One of These Days).

I have Shepherd's Bush Empire which sadly seems to be heavily edited as it sounds like Joe is using India to open Mountain Time but the edit seems to start some way into India.

It takes me to another topic I am posting on here about the genesis of Joe's live music compared to his studio albums as the Mountain Time on Shepherd's Bush Empire is vastly different to the upbeat, pop-rock (what we Brits term as "Indie") styling of the studio version.  I have to say I actually sit on the fence as I love both versions.  Although I prefer the version of India/Django Joe uses to open the song live (played by "violining" the guitar - Non-guitarists, that's turning the volume down and turning it up and then down again immediately after striking the string making it sound like a bowed violin).

17 (edited by RickB 2014-09-20 23:36:55)

Hi and a welcome from me. Django/Mountain Time is a perennial fan favorite and I, for one, hope it always has a place in the lineup. The evolution of this has been changing over the years with the volume swells also showing a bit of change. He's settled on the EBMM "Dark Lord" as his axe of choice on it. Here is a comparison of the changes just in the last year and a half.
First, a capture I got at RAH last Spring, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMP84wR … vpSmzpEFRF
Now a fan video of the latest from Sydney where you can see the newest variation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuroUpQ … tRLE5mhxmQ
I think you should look for this topic on the main page and if you can't find it (used advanced search), start a thread. You've graduated from the intro. smile
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Welcome to the forum Danny!

Enjoy the topics .. enjoy the March show

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!