Topic: Rude Awakening

I was rocked right out of bed at 3:20 AM when a 6.0 earthquake hit very close to where I live. The epicenter was in the small town of American Canyon which borders the south side of Napa. I'm about 8-10 miles from the center. No damage at my house other than nerves, but damage reports are just starting to come in on TV. I drove through the epicenter just yesterday going to and from the Napa Blues, Brews, & BBQ Festival. Certainly more to come on the news channels.

If The House Is Rockin'
                                                                                 Don't Bother Knockin'!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Re: Rude Awakening

Good to hear you are okay.  Hoping all others in the area are doing fine as well.

Steve

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Wow! That's the wrong type of alarm clock.
Glad you're alright J Dawg!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Reports of brick and masonry facades collapsing in Napa on the older buildings. Glad you are safe and sound JDawg. Cali is always rockin and a rollin somewhere.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Yikes! Glad to hear you're okay! Stay safe xx

ohiodawg13 wrote:

I was rocked right out of bed at 3:20 AM when a 6.0 earthquake hit very close to where I live. The epicenter was in the small town of American Canyon which borders the south side of Napa. I'm about 8-10 miles from the center. No damage at my house other than nerves, but damage reports are just starting to come in on TV. I drove through the epicenter just yesterday going to and from the Napa Blues, Brews, & BBQ Festival. Certainly more to come on the news channels.

If The House Is Rockin'
                                                                                 Don't Bother Knockin'!!!

J Dawg

Sandi already twittered it too.

7 (edited by ohiodawg13 2014-08-27 23:41:46)

Thanks all, thank Good thing this didn't occur yesterday afternoon when I and thousands of others were milling around downtown at the Blues Fest where you're seeing all the pics of damaged buildings. The injuries from falling bricks and stuff would have been ugly.

Livin' On The Faultline!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Thanks all, thank God this didn't occur yesterday afternoon when I and thousands of others were milling around downtown at the Blues Fest where you're seeing all the pics of damaged buildings. The injuries from falling bricks and stuff would have been ugly.

Livin' On The Faultline!

J Dawg

Sometimes you only need an extrabig portion of luck in your life. No risk, no fun?!

I prefer the earth to move in different ways.  big_smile Glad you are ok.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Dang! J Dawg, sorry I didn't see this post before starting my topic "Napa Earthquake".
At least the forum knows you are well! LOL!
Take Care Amigo,
Lori - Your Twisted Sommelier

Tx Sommelier wrote:

Dang! J Dawg, sorry I didn't see this post before starting my topic "Napa Earthquake".
At least the forum knows you are well! LOL!
Take Care Amigo,
Lori - Your Twisted Sommelier

No problemo Sporky!

Damn dawg! 10 seconds notice, that's it. In a world with soooo many scientific advances, it is amazing how mother nature continues to humble us.

As a sidenote, is it because I'm from Philly and we are desperate for a winner, not sure...  Did you watch any of the Little League World Series? I absolutely LOVE Mo'ne. Talk about girl power!! Loved the spunk of the kids and the determination. I found it more entertaining than watching my Phils. wink Being on the cover of Sports Illustrated many feel is a curse!

Anyway, I'm glad you are safe and the seismic shift didn't happen during the blues festival. Take care Dawg!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Good to hear your safe dog!
Hope your loved ones and friends all came out safe too.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

Thanks Gary, as I've mentioned, no damage just rattled nerves. There was a 3.9 aftershock this morning @ about 5:30 which rattled people, but I slept right through it.

ohiodawg13 wrote:
gary wrote:

Thanks Gary, as I've mentioned, no damage just rattled nerves. There was a 3.9 aftershock this morning @ about 5:30 which rattled people, but I slept right through it.

Well it's probably better you slept through it so as not to fret.
However that could be a sign of old age too! Lol!
Unless other substances were involved in the deep sleeping !

Your rock candy baby

gary wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:
gary wrote:

gary wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:
gary wrote:

Well a couple glasses of Mark West Pinot Noir were consumed during and after dinner.

The vino that makes sense.Figured wasn't age related lol!

Your rock candy baby

gary wrote:

The vino that makes sense.Figured wasn't age related lol!

Haven't slept like a baby since I had a couple over 25 years ago. The vino compensates!

Wine, Wine, Wine, Spodeeodee
                                                                               Pass That Bottle To Me!

J Dawg