1 (edited by matirocker 2014-07-22 19:07:55)

Topic: Joe Bonamassa - Different Shades of Blue - Official EPK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev0oreq0LIo

It definitly hypes it up for me! I didn't like the title song that much but the others we can hear on the video sound amazing!

I'm broke, motherf**ker!

Re: Joe Bonamassa - Different Shades of Blue - Official EPK

They do!  Thanks for the heads up link!!

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Got the link in todays email -good stuff.

Can't wait to hear the interplay of Joe's guitar with Reese Wynan's keyboards - don't think I will be disappointed!!

Man that sounds really great. Riffs with ballz, great solos and cool lyrics. Have high expectations here :-)

Wow...there is some great stuff there.....I can not wait for this.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Yes liking those tidbits.Anton mentioned that it might be a little more jamming.Hmmm that would be very nice.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Lots of great teasing of snippets - it's going to be awesome.  High hopes for this album.

Have to agree,  heard some pieces that I am really looking forward to hearing the whole track.

I can't wait. This is going to be another cd that will heighten Joe's popularity similar to what the Live at Royal Albert hall did. I just feel it.
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Would I be right in assuming that this was made before final mix?  Kevin was saying that they have yet to add horns, back up vocal, etc.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

Nothing like Joe kicking out the jams and cranking out those faces in the studio! cool  Lead in and out sounds somewhat like welcome to the rumble...then I heard a fade in of Bad Co. Fade Away-ish with Reese's licks.  Joe though, even with snippets, proves once again, he has got tone to the bone, man, oh man!!! big_smile

lol Something like that?  Kev's look and laff...says it awe Y'all...

Did I say I am excited?! neutral

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Yea....loved Kevin's laugh.....like....wow that was real good!

Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack

Rocket wrote:

lol Something like that?  Kev's look and laff...says it awe Y'all...

Loved that part! What a cool capture. This album is really going to be something! It's seems like it's going to have a real cool mix of different styles. You've got the rockin' "Oh Beautiful", the funky "Love Ain't A Love Song", the somewhat countryish "Different Shades of Blue". It's got a little of everything. Can't wait to hear the whole thing!

I shall order it blind. I'm stimulated enough on the basis that it is finally all original material. I have been waiting for this for some time.
I like the covers he does and most times he adds more than he takes from the songs, but as he and Kevin work as a team I guess many of the ideas come from Kevin. I am sure his ideas (Kevin's) will be prominent on the new album too but as they are original compositions I am hoping it will be more like shaping uncut diamonds.

Listening to Joe's own compositions might show where his head is at and where his music is taking him. All part of the 'journey' and we've all been along for the ride a while now. I'm glad he's done this. It was time. Here's hoping he gets a fair shake from the critics.

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

I too like the fact that there will be no covers on this album.

I forgot to say I am excited! wink

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

17 (edited by gary 2014-07-25 20:26:12)

hansamike wrote:

I shall order it blind. I'm stimulated enough on the basis that it is finally all original material. I have been waiting for this for some time.
I like the covers he does and most times he adds more than he takes from the songs, but as he and Kevin work as a team I guess many of the ideas come from Kevin. I am sure his ideas (Kevin's) will be prominent on the new album too but as they are original compositions I am hoping it will be more like shaping uncut diamonds.

Listening to Joe's own compositions might show where his head is at and where his music is taking him. All part of the 'journey' and we've all been along for the ride a while now. I'm glad he's done this. It was time. Here's hoping he gets a fair shake from the critics.

I would have to say that Joe has had good to great reviews for his albums over the years.I think there have been very few that didn't give them high marks.So I think the material will speak for itself and so far I would think he has another good if not great one in the can.Like all new Joe releases there is a level of excitement building.It won't be long before the reviews start coming out.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

whirlwind wrote:

I too like the fact that there will be no covers on this album.

Except for the first track, described as an "obscure Hendrix cover" in the Guitarist mag cover story.

Happy it's all original besides this, even though I like Joe's covers too because they're almost always songs I've never heard of before anyway - so new to me.