1 (edited by joesp1998 2014-07-22 19:25:09)

Topic: Hello from Brighton, England!

Hi, I'm a 16 year old guitarist and Bonamassa enthusiast living in Brighton. I've seen Joe play three times, hopefully soon to become four and herald him as one of the (if not the) greatest guitarists who ever lived! Also an avid gear head, I mainly play a Seymour Duncan loaded Les Paul Studio (modded to 50s wiring with coil taps and phase reversal push/pull pots, strung with a 12-56 set and top wrapped) and hope to soon purchase a Billm modded Fender Blues Junior III and run it with a board I'm in the middle of building in a Bonamassa inspired super rig (I hope to one day upgrade to a Metropoulos 10,000 Superbass and a Bludotone Bludo Drive but until then, the Blues Jr. will have to do ;) ). Other guitarists who's playing I tend to periodically obsess over include David Gilmour, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, SRV, Mark Knopfler, Eric Clapton, John Squire, Ritchie Blackmore and Peter Green among others.

I first discovered Bonamassa for myself around two years ago and after a short initial period of wanting to burn all my guitars, I became inspired by him to become a better player to the point that I ended up performing a version of 'Woke Up Dreaming', as played in the Royal Albert Hall, only with no lyrics for my school's spring concert. Myself and a few others also played 'Prisoner' in the same concert. Currently, I'm working on speed and playing those blistering pentatonic runs that Joe so effortlessly knocks out as after years of trying to some extent trying to emulate David Gilmour's playing, I'd like to think that I have slower styles, as well as bends and what not pretty covered.

I'm also interested in ferrets (I have three), strength training (particularly Captains of Crush grip training), martial arts (been doing Krav Maga for a while now) and cooking. I'm going into college (I'm not sure it's called that in America, though) in September to study physics, maths, chemistry and economics. Though, if I can, I might try to go into a field pertaining to guitar as opposed to any of those.

Re: Hello from Brighton, England!

Hi welcome to the group.....lots of info here...enjoy all of the different topics!!!

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

welcome Brighton guy. Often down there myself, - takes time to save up for the car park charges! wink

- there is a thread in other artists to post links to videos of U21 forum members playing, - feel free to add to it!

Ian

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Welcome!  Can't fault your taste in guitarists.  When I was 16 all I wanted to do was burn up the fretboard and bang my head.  Seems like you are off to a much more mature start.

Welcome Joesp, are you sure you're only 16??? You have excellent musical taste for someone so young. I'm also a big fan of the guitarists you listed and I've spent a lot of time learning David Gilmore/Pink Floyd tunes. I know what you mean about Joe's pentatonic runs, he makes it look so effortless, its inspiring and depressing all at the same time. I'll never have that sort of speed, but I keep trying anyway.

Again Welcome!
Rusty

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Welcome to the forum!!

Hi joesp, impressive resume!  Nice to have you here.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Welcome and thanks for telling us about your music.   Do you have any videos of your playing on YouTube.  We love to watch all the players.   

Glad you are here.

Mary

9 (edited by joesp1998 2014-07-12 08:43:35)

I've just found the GCSE piece I submitted; a rendition of Woke Up Dreaming with no lyrics, just like I played at the spring concert except at the concert there was a 12-bar blues section at the very end. I'll add it to the under 21s thread, hope you like it! :)

Do I have to have a certain number of posts to post links on here? I can't seem to post a link to it.

joesp1998 wrote:

Do I have to have a certain number of posts to post links on here? I can't seem to post a link to it.

Yes there is a minimum number of posts needed before you can post a link, I dont know the exact number, but its quite low, so just reply a few more times and you should be okay. I'm really interested to see your rendition of woke up dreaming.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

I posted it, only to be able to I had to post it without the web address. It worked by just posting it into the address bar though. It's in the under 21s thread smile

Welcome to the forum!
Krav Maga? Cool!
Martial Arts are great...I studied Tae Kwon Do in a past life.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hi and also welcome to the 'family' big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Hey Joesp .. Welcome to the group!

Wealth of knowledgeable folks around here .. should be a great asset to u

Enjoy the topics ..

I'm off to check out ur other post  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Did you find it alright? Hope you liked it smile

'Wooders' kindly posted a hyperlink of my version of Woke Up Dreaming in the U21s thread so now it's easier to find and listen to. Thanks!

joesp1998 wrote:

'Wooders' kindly posted a hyperlink of my version of Woke Up Dreaming in the U21s thread so now it's easier to find and listen to. Thanks!

Very nice. Welcome.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381