Re: Hammersmith Apollo March 2015

markt61 wrote:

I have been a bonamassa fan from the very early days ie at the robin 2 8 / 9 years ago or more but im sorry I feel im being ripped off the massive price rise is to much and lets not kid ourselves it is massive I understand things change and the cost of putting on a show has risen but I think its to much . but what really gets me is its bloody London again the ticket prices are bad enough but when you have to get there travel, hotel time off work its soon becomes £300 plus which im afraid is to much . there is more places to play in the uk than London and a lot of those fans that supported you then when you first started in the uk and you did play places like the robin 2 , mr kryps  , and other places must be as disapointed as I am

Yes, we can tell you are a huge fan. (just registered today)  I love, "I think it's to much".  Someone remind Joe to contact markt61 before his next show and get his approval on where and how much the gig should be.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

bobkatmsu wrote:

Yes, we can tell you are a huge fan. (just registered today)  I love, "I think it's to much".  Someone remind Joe to contact markt61 before his next show and get his approval on where and how much the gig should be.

+1

Well said.

Stopped in just to whine.

nice judgement there guys....

Welcome markt61, sorry that your first post was negative but as another disappointed fan who will not be seeing Joe live again I think I understand why you felt you had to express it here.

- not sure if you guys over the other side of the pond appreciate just how badly these high prices have been taken by a lot of old (and new) fans of Joe.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Ian916 wrote:

- not sure if you guys over the other side of the pond appreciate just how badly these high prices have been taken by a lot of old (and new) fans of Joe.

Wait until the announcement for North America 2015 takes place some time in Oct. (remember NA Sept-Dec was announced last April)

you will probably hear a lot of howling wolf then, since our face value prices was on average was $125 + surcharge and tax for about for approx. $154 each in 2014.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

149 (edited by RickB 2014-08-24 19:15:36)

He just totally sold out the Red Rocks Ampitheater which seats just under Ten Thousand. Prices ran $70 to $110 plus fees. No lack of fans over here! Nobody whined about the prices either. Fans are driving long distance and flying in for this gig from all over the country and Europe. '
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

I've not 'whined' once but I must say that things are hard. I could not justify a Hammersmith trip. Remember , petrol (gas) is about $9 dollars a gallon here, and we get taxed out of existence. When I'm in the States all I hear is 'whining' about gas prices. Remember VAT ( I've heard it discussed in the US as a possible new tax) is an extras 20% on everything you buy. If it costs £100 it's real cost is £120.
I really hope any new tour of the UK outside London is affordable. If I can afford it I will be at the front of the queue for tickets, if I can't I won't. Simple economics I'm afraid. Will not stopme from following Joe and buying albums, dvd's etc. Sad because live music is the best... I agree a first post is not the right way but this is a forum, which derives from discussion!!! big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

RickB wrote:

He just totally sold out the Red Rocks Ampitheater which seats just under Ten Thousand. Prices ran $70 to $110 plus fees. No lack of fans over here! Nobody whined about the prices either. Fans are driving long distance and flying in for this gig from all over the country and Europe. '
Rick

That is a fair point.
The success or not of Hammersmith can be judged by the ticket sales.
Last time I checked, the Saturday night was selling well.

Lester.

bobkatmsu wrote:
markt61 wrote:

I have been a bonamassa fan from the very early days ie at the robin 2 8 / 9 years ago or more but im sorry I feel im being ripped off the massive price rise is to much and lets not kid ourselves it is massive I understand things change and the cost of putting on a show has risen but I think its to much . but what really gets me is its bloody London again the ticket prices are bad enough but when you have to get there travel, hotel time off work its soon becomes £300 plus which im afraid is to much . there is more places to play in the uk than London and a lot of those fans that supported you then when you first started in the uk and you did play places like the robin 2 , mr kryps  , and other places must be as disapointed as I am

Maybe you should cool it with the attitude towards people who don't see things your way.

How much is one supposed to declare their love of Joe before they're allowed an opinion on extortion? If one was indifferent about Joe and his music they wouldn't sign-up to explain it, they'd just shrug. I think it's valid to express dismay and surely this is a place to do it. The facebook post about ticket prices is creeping up to 1000 messages, 90% must be angry to different degrees-there is no official response there so this is coming to the source. I realise the answer some spout is "if you can't afford it-don't go" but I think it is a case of things that should be affordable becoming off-limits to a whole lot of people and that's not a trend I hope to see continue.

DougH wrote:
Ian916 wrote:

Wait until the announcement for North America 2015 takes place some time in Oct. (remember NA Sept-Dec was announced last April)

you will probably hear a lot of howling wolf then, since our face value prices was on average was $125 + surcharge and tax for about for approx. $154 each in 2014.

No doubt.  The UK does not have a monopoly on whiners.  I think back to the early 70's I had a night club and within a short period of time I had Joe Walsh and Framptons Camel.  Cover charge for both was $1.  Think how ridiculous the price increase is if you want to see them now.  Damn, greedy capitalists.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

going back on my earlier word as I had said that I would leave this topic alone but seeing how somebody posting their disappointment here was attacked I feel that more words (waffle) might be required.

- Lester surely it is the case that Joe has NOT sold out at Hammersmith proof enough that the pricing is wrong? People in the UK compete over anything and getting a good seat is the equivalent of war for some!

Joe here in the UK  had stepped up a gear as a result of the hard work on Tour de Force, - people knowing that I am a fan spoke to me after the events asking what they were like saying that they would like to see him next chance. Hammersmith announced and (some) people have been put off, - you can read it here, but the real damage is not posted here because a lot are not members of this forum and see it very negatively. And sadly they do not see it as his manger getting it wrong they only see it as Joe. - Walking into my local music instrument shop a while back it was something along the lines of “who the hell does this Joe Bonamassa think he is”? “I guess he has to pay for his guitar addiction somehow”? - And I think that is a great shame.

And as PSmith1946 says out "cost of living” has increased significantly over the last few years and we will get hit again with cuts and tax increases post general election next year.

Not sure that it will be easy to pull this one back, the honeymoon may have ended. sad

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

markt61 wrote:

Ripped off?? You either choose to buy tickets or you dont. You cant chose to buy something, get what you were promised at the price stated, and then say you were ripped off.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Ian,
Perhaps I should have gone on to say that although Saturday is going well, Tuesday and Thursday seats are not selling so well which is unusual for one of Joe's concerts in the UK.
There is still over six months before Hammersmith , I was just commenting that until nearer the time we cannot judge whether the ticket price has been pitched too high.
I agree with your closing statement.

"Who the hell does he think he is?"  Sounds more like your famous soccer hooligans than music fans.

bobkatmsu wrote:

"Who the hell does he think he is?"  Sounds more like your famous soccer hooligans than music fans.

Really? Does it? Or does your comment just sound like casual racism?

160 (edited by bobkatmsu 2014-08-26 07:06:07)

aFugueState wrote:
bobkatmsu wrote:

Really? Does it? Or does your comment just sound like casual racism?

Is that the "go to" statement when you are having a difficult time defending a statement?  I'll calll him a racist that will shut him up.  Won't work with me.  Oh and by the way, your from Belfast,  my grandparents were from Ireland.  So I'm not quite sure who I'm supposed to be racist against.  I think there are still a few Crowley's around, aren't there?

I'm going to step in here and ask everyone to please keep the discussion civil. Ian having only traveled abroad once to London I understand what you are saying. Expensive city to live in. The prices are set. Time will tell if the prices deter demand. This forum is here to express your concerns and I would say they have been duly noted. Time to quit beating a dead horse. I'm going to close this topic.