Re: Hammersmith Apollo March 2015

Brack wrote:

If you want to to go see Joe,  as we do,  you will find the cash to do it, and we will.

Yes, I want to see Joe again. Yes, Ive got the cash to do it. However Im not going because the ticket prices are outrageous

I could use a little more cowbell

Well the "Public" release just happened and CHEAPER seated tickets are available at £93.40 & £71.40 (Top Floor)
Standing is £54.90

Gibson Les Paul Standard Joe Bonamassa VOS 2012 Custom (Manchester 2013 Signed)
Fender Mustang 1969 Matching Headstock - Candy Apple Red Jazz Bass 50th Anniversary - 3 Tone Burst
Chapman Guitars ML1 Antique Sunburst #21 Crunchy (Signed by Rob, Dorje & Phil X)

I agree with all the comments about the excessive prices for these Hammersmith shows.  I've just bought two seats in the circle @ £ 189+ which is frankly ridiculous.  I've been fortunate enough to see Joe on 5 occasions, and he always puts on a fantastic show, but I really fear that this might be my last as well.  Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember seeing bands at Hammersmith for less than a fiver !!
I feel sorry for all the people who are only just discovering Joe, are on a limited budget, or have to travel a distance to the gigs - let's hope it gets changed for future dates in the UK, but the cynic in me doubts it .

76 (edited by Ian916 2014-07-11 05:29:00)

interesting point about Neil Young prices, - an artist that has been long on my bucket list to see, - but given ticket prices to play Hyde Park recently which is an awful venue the way that the crowd is segregated so far back from the stage unless you pay a lot more I and a lot more opted out. And that is the reality here with Joe, I have opted out, - and whilst I originally said that I was not sore about it (earlier in this thread) the more I think about it the more that I feel almost excluded, and that is not the best of emotions to be passing on to fans.  - Many artists have gained success and fame and played bigger venues and pushed up prices through those years, - very few sustain it, many like ZZ Top, Springsteen have peaked and then flopped spending many a year in the shadows with only true fans sticking with them, - alienate true fans like this and those shadows could tun to pitch black.

I do genuinely wish every success for Joe and the hours of handwork over many years certainly deserve financial reward, - but I think the management team have got it wrong here as they have risked alienating genuine long standing fans. And of greater concern to me is that people will have to make sacrifice to see Joe unless they are rich, - this is not right when put into context with the “street team” ethos, - seriously guys go out and promote Joe then bend over whilst we shaft you with an extortionate ticket price???? Okay that phrase is a bit dramatic but you will get my point.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

To most of us Joe's music is the best we have ever heard and his concerts are the best we have ever seen, but there is another facet to Joe's popularity, for us his avid fans.  We all have seen the videos of him as a 12 year old, we have watched him grow up and be successful, he's been like the kid next door.  We knew him when...It's been a great ride.  Now we find out that while music is his passion there is a business aspect also.  As a business man I understand wanting to maximize your situation financially, as a fan it take some of the shine off the trophy.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

Ok, I managed to buy 2 Tix for Saturday 21st yesterday - Circle, centre, near the front. £237 in all.

Yes, I too think it's pricy, but i look at it this way,  the gig is around 8 months away -  i fig thats £30 PM for us both, £15 each - to me, thats what we would pay normally for a couple of bottles of wine a month.  Others may not be in the same position, and i totally understand that.

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

SolidSnake1MGS wrote:

Well the "Public" release just happened and CHEAPER seated tickets are available at £93.40 & £71.40 (Top Floor)
Standing is £54.90

So was the £120 tickets better seating than these new Public tickets
or are the public tickets in better seating..
I'm confused since there was so much talk about buying standing room only space.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

80 (edited by SolidSnake1MGS 2014-07-11 07:54:43)

DougH wrote:

So was the £120 tickets better seating than these new Public tickets
or are the public tickets in better seating..
I'm confused since there was so much talk about buying standing room only space.

Those are for the stage level seats & the front of the upper circle. (The Upper seats were not in the pre sale)
The standing areas are the REAR of both levels. But standing for 150 minutes is very difficult...

I was a top rear standing but due to walking from Picadilly Circus (Yes REALLY!) I had very sore feet and managed to get a seat upgrade. But the upper floor was slanted so even at the very back you got a good view, tho ALOT of people where wandering about for the first 40 minutes or so blocking the view. sad

Gibson Les Paul Standard Joe Bonamassa VOS 2012 Custom (Manchester 2013 Signed)
Fender Mustang 1969 Matching Headstock - Candy Apple Red Jazz Bass 50th Anniversary - 3 Tone Burst
Chapman Guitars ML1 Antique Sunburst #21 Crunchy (Signed by Rob, Dorje & Phil X)

jc1303 wrote:
Brack wrote:

If you want to to go see Joe,  as we do,  you will find the cash to do it, and we will.

Yes, I want to see Joe again. Yes, Ive got the cash to do it. ...

1+. However I wouldn`t be going (if I would live in GB) because the ticket prices are outrageous.

I was going to see him in Edinburgh last year but changed my mind when I found out how much tickets were.I decided to stick a quid away now and then in preparation for his next UK tour.there's about £80 saved up now and if the London dates are the only UK shows next year,I'll just keep adding to it for the next time.that way i'll have all the money for a good ticket and it will seem like  a free gig.sort of anyway.

Just out of interest I had a look at the "choose your own seat" feature on Eventim.  Tonnes of seats are still available for the Saturday evening show, despite tix being available for over 48h now (presale then public sale starting earlier today).  Sales are even worse for the earlier nights - have a look yourselves.  In the past when tickets were more reasonably priced, the sales demand has been much stronger.  Seems like people are voting with their feet...

Hooameye wrote:

In the past when tickets were more reasonably priced, the sales demand has been much stronger.  Seems like people are voting with their feet...

It's early days Hooameye (and Welcome!) I predict, come March, all 4 nights will be sold out, or near as.

We Are The Champ20ns

Brack wrote:

I predict, come March, all 4 nights will be sold out, or near as.

- the flyers have yet to be distributed to all of the bankers in The City and Cannery Wharf yet....

- heard an advert for the shows on Planet Rock today.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Ian916 wrote:

- the flyers have yet to be distributed to all of the bankers in The City and Cannery Wharf yet....

Lol !!!
+ Yesterdays Evening Standard had a 10 x 5 " Ad

We Are The Champ20ns

the meet n greet was tongue in cheek to try and lighten things on the forum Having bumped into Joe numerous times over the years all I want is to listen to the maestro.Just have to mention there are 4 of us who have racked up the number of gigs we have been to from the early days in the working mens clubs(kite club Blackpool )to Toronto for our 50th two years ago and never seen a bad show

Okay, forget its £117 for a seat. Try and think of its as this super talented guitarist who has spent the bulk of his working life touring the globe for little coin till now, and his band are playing for you for a couple of hours and are just charging you £58.50 an hour. That is less than a good garage charge you to service your car or a tradesman of skill and qualification charges you to work on your house. Neither of the previous have flown a few thousand miles to work either. In extreme it is a whole lot less than dancer will charge you to bounce about on your lap...but hey, to us guitar geeks its infinitely more exciting....lol.
There are different ways of looking at this....just saying!  smile

Brack wrote:
Ian916 wrote:

Lol !!!
+ Yesterdays Evening Standard had a 10 x 5 " Ad

I of course have no idea what these jokes and ads are truly about, but I'd venture that they align with my previous posts' "...de boomers de bettor," which was a two-pronged poke 'n joke-boomers as in "baby boomers' of course, but also Boomers, as in those whose situations are "booming." wink 

A 10" by 5" ad points to another point to be pointedly considered while lamenting (or lambasting).  Once again, those who are tagging THEIR expenses onto things......  Don't go making greed a one or two person #@$@#...  It ain't JUST about people "just" glad to be going on about cultishly and/or freely (as in "cheaply') promoting Joe Bonamassa anymore.  Some are exercising their faith in business (AD)ventures.  THEIR price is sky high too.  Any wealthy individual wants to stay that way....

Wouldn't you?

For want of the the price of tea and a slice, the owed man cried roll Yeah, it sucks.  You heard the other news today, Ol' boy?!  Blues begets blues...........

I do not doubt your prediction, Brack, not one bit, given what seems to be an established, self-replicating predilection of Joe B fans worldwide.

SO, you aren't going to attend anymore!  The questions move on to whether one will turn into a raging beast about anything (past included?), present or future regarding Joe.  Will reviews (performance and/or recordings) have sharper teeth with a stronger scent of acerbic acid??? hmm  I may not make a show or "buy into" "anything & everything," I may not prefer a direction turned.  Or accept "changes" comfortably.  But I'll stick around to see what's around the mend regardless...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

ps-I have 2 words for Roy concerning that CR interview, since it was written in my dialect.  Right ON, Roy.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Can someone please post a link to the Classic Rock interview several people have mentioned?  What exactly did Roy say...???