Re: Hammersmith Apollo March 2015

Kenny wrote:

WTF is going on?

Presale is limit of 2 tickets per credit card and you have to buy the new album. Not impressed at all!!

Edit : Ok you can bypass the album but it still a 2 ticket limit!!

Might be a ruse to stop scalpers buying up all the good seats, but agree it must be frustrating if you want to get five of you together.

LynB wrote:
Kenny wrote:

WTF is going on?

Presale is limit of 2 tickets per credit card and you have to buy the new album. Not impressed at all!!

Edit : Ok you can bypass the album but it still a 2 ticket limit!!

Might be a ruse to stop scalpers buying up all the good seats, but agree it must be frustrating if you want to get five of you together.

I think you have to look at ticket prices in the context of who the artist is and what other artists are charging. In the last three years I have seen Iron Maiden, Roger Waters and Rush in indoor venues, all of whom are bigger than Joe and all of whom have a substantially larger stage production. The tickets for all these shows were less than £80 face value. Even the Royal Albert Hall show that I attended last year on the 4th night of the Tour de Force run was only about £75.

Sorry Joe / Roy – you are taking the p*** with these prices. Yes, Joe B is getting bigger year by year but these prices are in the Rolling Stones / Bon Jovi / Rihanna / Jay Z league and Joe is not there yet. Unfortunately, he may have set a precedent. If the £106 seats do sell out, they will charge even more next time.

I have always made a rule for myself – never to pay more than £100 for a ticket, no matter who the artist is, and up to now, I have never had to do this. I decided not to make an exception for Joe, and I have bought a standing ticket in the stalls.

Has Joe overstretched himself ? We will see how the “market” reacts.

I'm out. Too pricey. I wonder who came up with these prices or how they are justified. I don't support the theory of rising costs of touring that keeps getting used to support these incredible hikes.
Hammersmith 2013 during Tour De Force £50
Hammersmith 2015 £117

Rising costs or greed?

A number of household names from the US and UK play this venue and charge a fraction of the cost.
Clapton charged around £85 for his last tour, Jeff Beck was £50, so why is Joe £117?

I would have gone to £75 to be at the front but at the back for this price, no thanks.

Will see Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Simon McBride, Billy Walton and The Hoax in October and still spend less than the lowest JB ticket.

I will buy the album and the DVD but I think my days of seeing him live are sadly over.

Hello All,

I apologize for it taking me a bit to respond, at this time the Hammersmith series is the only confirmed UK date.

I also understand that there is some frustration with the prices of tickets rising, but there is also reason for this. With the size of Joe's crew and the fact that we are hosting 4 nights at the Hammersmith, there are a lot of costs to cover especially when Joe plays the beautiful venues that he does.

Looks like these shows will feature a horn section to showcase songs off the new album.
http://bonamassalive.com/

43 (edited by Kenny 2014-07-09 10:11:52)

Thanks Natasha - that puts it more in perspective but it would have been better to know that in advance. I see the source is Noble PR who I do not think have posted anything on the forum. In future perhaps? The rent to hire the venue has probably increased as well.

However, it's another London challenge for Joe as a couple of days earlier he will be signing off his 2 band shows in Amsterdam.

Street Team Eric wrote:

Hello All,

I apologize for it taking me a bit to respond, at this time the Hammersmith series is the only confirmed UK date.

I also understand that there is some frustration with the prices of tickets rising, but there is also reason for this. With the size of Joe's crew and the fact that we are hosting 4 nights at the Hammersmith, there are a lot of costs to cover especially when Joe plays the beautiful venues that he does.

Sorry Eric but is Joe's crew larger than Iron Maiden, Rush or Roger Waters, given the size of those artists productions ? As noted above, I saw all these acts at a lower price than is being asked for the Hammersmith shows

And why should playing 4 nights at the same venue justify a steep rise in prices ? The equipment etc only has to be set up once, not put up and then taken down if four separate shows were taking place ?

Does it cost more to play 4 nights at the same venue or 4 nights at separate venues (possibly in different countries) with different hotels, travel costs to consider and crew costs for erecting and dismantling the set each night ?

I think you can see that us fans are not particularly impressed with the prices being asked.

Let's be thankful he has opted for 4 nights at the Apollo and not 1 at the O2 Arena.

I looked in to the presale. No decent seats and March again! Notwithstanding climate change, another frozen London event is not in the cards, even with the excuse to go on to see the grandchildren. Have fun and I look forward to the vids if any are lucky enough to get close to the front.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Peter1960 wrote:
Street Team Eric wrote:

Hello All,

Sorry Eric but is Joe's crew larger than Iron Maiden, Rush or Roger Waters, given the size of those artists productions ? As noted above, I saw all these acts at a lower price than is being asked for the Hammersmith shows

And why should playing 4 nights at the same venue justify a steep rise in prices ? The equipment etc only has to be set up once, not put up and then taken down if four separate shows were taking place ?

Does it cost more to play 4 nights at the same venue or 4 nights at separate venues (possibly in different countries) with different hotels, travel costs to consider and crew costs for erecting and dismantling the set each night ?

I think you can see that us fans are not particularly impressed with the prices being asked.

Good points well made.
Ive seen Rush twice at the O2 with a huge production, Kiss with a ludicrously big show (the cost of the pyro alone must have been astronomical!) but none of them charged this much.
I know that Joe likes his vintage guitars and his nice suits but this is truly taking the piss
Its been fun Joe, thanks for the memories

I could use a little more cowbell

48 (edited by united rockers 2014-07-09 11:22:26)

trying to work out, purchased seats in stalls at 9.01, but if I had purchased them now can get nearer to the stage, so how does that work

I wanted seats but I'm simply not paying £120 to see anyone, that's enough to feed a family for two weeks, total ripoff!!! Sadly people will pay it and so next time it will be even more.

jc1303 wrote:
Peter1960 wrote:
Street Team Eric wrote:

Hello All,

Good points well made.
Ive seen Rush twice at the O2 with a huge production, Kiss with a ludicrously big show (the cost of the pyro alone must have been astronomical!) but none of them charged this much.
I know that Joe likes his vintage guitars and his nice suits but this is truly taking the piss
Its been fun Joe, thanks for the memories

Joe RAH March 2013 60 quid
Rush LG May 2013 60 quid
Virgil ATA Swansea Dec 2013 8 quid (less than booking fee)
Joe London March 2015 120 quid

Not so much inflation and big promotions Eric, it's Roy having got more and more greedy (borderline 2013 500 quid a ticket)

Don't get me wrong, still desperate to go but not at that price - you can see Ryan Mc, Danny Bryant, Walter Trout, Aynsley Lister, Virgil and Chantelle, six separate gigs for the price of one of Joe's gigs

united rockers wrote:

trying to work out, purchased seats in stalls at 9.01, but if I had purchased them now can get nearer to the stage, so how does that work

They release them in batches and as we have found in the past, the best ones are not always first.

Well .............. email received you can book 30  YES

Then spotted the price  gobsmacked  My lot can't run to £117 plus transport

Gutted so lets hope for  a bigger venue later in 2015

I think he could lose a few fans with these prices

enjoy it those of you who will be going, - I am sorry to say that I will not be there. I just cannot justify paying a weeks food shopping money for one ticket, - multiply that by at least one more for my son and I am out-priced. I am not sore about it as I am lucky enough to have seen Joe a few times as has my son, - and thankfully there are still plenty of good guitarists and bands playing that are still within our budget. - This year has been a great year for me having seen the Temperance Movement, Rival Sons, Gov’t Mule, Garry Clark Jr and still Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and Robin Trower still to come, - must also get to see VATA live again.

- And if Joe can sell out Hammersmith ODEON (that is what it is) for 4 nights then well done to him, and the band. Price is determined by supply and demand. Personally I am not sure that Hammie Odeon justify’s that high a price as it is not an upmarket venue, like say RAH, but it is what it is.

We have economic problems here in the UK, - yes the rich have got richer, but the vast majority are poorer than they were. I earn less than I did 3 years ago,  yet my essential bills are a lot higher and I pay more tax. sad Job security is not great for a lot of people here either. We have a Government who are covering up the hardships with bullsh1t statistics, not sure that sort of inflation is in keeping with the real world.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

I must admit to being flabbergasted when I came to check out my tickets, in my rush to secure good seats I hadn't even noticed the price. Although the standing tickets are of a similar price to a number of gigs I've been to at the Odeon over the past year or two.

But it's not just Joe's tickets that are expensive these days, it's the way most mid sized gigs and upwards are going. Remember, now we are in the days of the digital download and spotify, artists make much less from the sale of their music. Tours are now a principle income stream whereas in the past they were often loss leaders to promote album sales.

At least we know that we will get two hours of a quality show with Joe.

These days I cut my cloth accordingly, I see much fewer big (and expensive) gigs and spend most of my time seeing smaller acts (eg. Channel McGregor, Ryan McGarvey, aynsley Lister...) on the club circuit and these big shows are very much a rare treat.

Nik Huber Orca, Gibson Custom Shop Siberian Tiger Les Paul Standard, Haydn Williams Evo Pro, MusicMan JP15, Gibson Les Paul Bonamassa Studio, Fender Strat. Marshall 1987x, Bad Cat Black Cat, Mesa Boogie Mark V, Cornell Romany