Topic: Newbie from Worcester, MA

Hello All!

I'm new to this forum and hope it gives me the inspiration I need to make playing and performing part of my life.  I've been a player poser for most of my life and am now taking weekly lessons, learning to read music using via the Berklee Book learning method and had my first Adult concert last night with two songs featuring me on lead guitar.  Good fun but honestly see the guitar as a mountain to climb and am excited about building my skills.

I'm in the Worcester area of Massachusetts so if anyone wants to connect just let me know.  Playing in your basement with a looper only goes so far.  Cheers!

KB

Re: Newbie from Worcester, MA

Welcome! Very cool you're starting to learn to read music. That is a feat all in itself! How long have you been playing guitar for?

Hi Welcome to the group......enjoy the topics here.

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Hello and welcome KB, I'm in Springfield, so only about 45 minutes away. I've been playing guitar for over 30 years, but mostly as a hobby, not really spending a lot of time trying to excell. But joe has inspired me to become a better player too. I recently bought a JB Les Paul to add to my humble guitar collection, and a Marshall amp to go with it.
      Learning to read music is commendable, I can figure out the notes from standard notation, but I can't read music. I believe I heard Joe say in an interview that he doesn't read music either.
       Joe will be playing in Springfield in November at Symphony Hall, its a great venue, I hope you can make it to that show. I'm sure there will be several people from this forum that will be there.
Cheers
Rusty

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Welcome. Like Rusty, I'm less than an hour away from you, and I spent a bunch of years in Worcester at WPI.

I'm a guitar newbie, having picked it up over the winter, so I'm certainly not ready for a jam session. smile

Welcome to the forum.  I'm about 10 hours away from you!  So we probably not be jammin'!!  But...I do have family not far from you, so that counts for something?

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Welcome KB!! 

I have wanted to learn to play guitar for the last 30 years, it's been on my bucket list for a looooooong time.  True story---->  Joe has inspired me to finally take the leap and learn to play guitar.  I purchased my first guitar 5 weeks ago today.  At 45 years old, I am a guitar newbie.  While I am light years from being remotely good, I have made a lot of progress in the past month, more than I ever thought I could when I first picked up the guitar.  It's been very frustrating but also exhilarating when I do make progress, which has been slow but steady.  It's very rewarding.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and enjoy the topics, the people and enjoy the journey of learning to play guitar.

Welcome to the Forum.  I hope that you will eventually feel comfortable enough to post a video of you playing for us to enjoy.  I live nowhere near but that will not stop me from wishing you success in your endeavor.  One day I am hoping to either pick up the guitar or the keyboard....maybe even both.

Hi and welcome. About 2000 miles away so veryunlikely a jam anytime soon. lol Enjoy the good company. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

KB, nice to have you here.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Hiya KB .. Welcome to all things Joe!

Lots of topics here to choose from.  Lots of wonderful, knowledgeable people around here as well.  I'm sure they will be a great help and or inspiration .. whatever ur goal.  No mountain is too high, my friend .. Best of luck to u!

Welcome aboard! cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Welcome to the forum KB!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Welcome  smile

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Hello,  something about Joe inspires us all to want to play the guitar.  Welcome

Welcome,
Always wanted to learn guitar myself (live in CT and work in Webster, MA).
-Christine