1 (edited by Red_Label 2014-06-05 11:06:57)

Topic: Hello! Another late-to-the-party guy checking-in...

Hello... I've been a JB fan for a couple of years now, thanks to his BCC stuff and then especially when I saw the Vienna Opera House performance on Palladia.

I was in "acoustic mode" at the time and had quit gigging rock, metal and country to focus on recording/gigging my own solo acoustic stuff for a couple of years. I had never really been exposed to much of Joe's music/playing and kind of figured him to be a "poor man's Gary Moore" or something. His amazing command of the acoustic, great voice, songwriting, and the professional sheen of the Vienna show won me over and I was hooked. Went right out and bought the DVD, as well as everything by BCC that was out at the time. I soon caught his Beacon Theater performance (also on Palladia) and was REALLY hooked after that. Specifically "Blue and Evil" and "Mountain Time" (probably my favorite JB songs). I elevated my opinion of Joe to "Gary Moore's fire and soul, with Eric Johnson's fluidity... but with all his own thing going and the sky's the limit for the future". I've since added "hardest working guy in showbiz" to my thoughts!

Hopefully my thoughts there don't offend or turn anyone off. I'm very happy to be a JB convert. I remember years ago there being some petty, jealous slagging of him on a guitar forum or two and I was put-off by it all. Had never really looked into him at that point, but just knew that the anonymous posters slagging him likely possessed not even a fraction of his talent and drive.  (Usually is the case on internet forums.)

Anyways... I've been playing, teaching, recording, and gigging most styles for the past 30 years. Have gone from playing classical standards at weddings, to playing my own new-flamenco numbers at coffee houses, to playing country/rock/metal for crowds of hundreds (and even a few thousand at some of the bigger outdoor gigs). I like guitarists who have technique, versatility, and passion. I see all of that in Joe's playing and the fact that everything I've read of/by/about him over the past several years shows him to be a real, regular person and a class act only makes me think more highly of him. It's good to see that the line of "guitar royalty" hasn't died with the guitar heros of yesteryear.

Btw... "stumbled" into this forum because I was researching the Ceriatone JTM45 clone and one of the discussion links brought me here. I already have a Ceriatone 36 RP and LOVE it. Plan to add several of these babies to the stable in the future.

Re: Hello! Another late-to-the-party guy checking-in...

Hi Welcome to the group...enjoy all of the topics here

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Hi! Nice intro! It doesn't take much to realize how good Joe is and i'm glad you are now a converted fan! smile Lots of great people here, welcome! big_smile

Welcome, enjoy the forum. There is a lot of information and knowledge to be found here.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Welcome to the forum!! 

Enjoy the great topics and people here!!

Red Label,  cool name,   Welcome to the land of Bonamassa.  Hope you get to see Joe play live soon.  That will totally change you from fan to "Bonaholic" as we like to say.   Cool about your playing. Hope you give us some links to your playing.    Much love of all things guitar here.  Great things can happen here!!!!!!!!

Peace
Mary

Welcome.  you are right on time.

Welcome. No offense could possibly be taken. We are all here for the same reasons. As has been mentioned. Seeing him live is a real experience that the recorded media only give a glimpse of.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Hi again from the UK. We are all aware of the trolls that exist on some forums and ignore them all. Welcome and you will get a much friendlier response from some very well educated fans of all things JB. I am sure you will be able due interract well with the many gearheads on here also. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

10 (edited by Red_Label 2014-06-06 09:58:34)

wvgirlinky wrote:

Red Label,  cool name,   Welcome to the land of Bonamassa.  Hope you get to see Joe play live soon.  That will totally change you from fan to "Bonaholic" as we like to say.   Cool about your playing. Hope you give us some links to your playing.    Much love of all things guitar here.  Great things can happen here!!!!!!!!

Peace
Mary

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I tried to post some pics of some of my gear that was directly inspired by Joe in my initial post, but it wouldn't allow me to do that.

Anyways... I have a mish-mash, hodge-podge variety of sample of my writing/playing on my SoundCloud site if anyone cares to listen at their leisure. From New Flamenco and New Age/New Grass acoustic stuff on guitar and mandolin, to lead guitar rock type stuff. It's only a fraction of the stuff that I have on my hard drive, because the free site has limited space. Someday I'll upgrade and throw more up there. Guess I'm too new here to post hyperlinks? Here is the web address: soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Hey Red Label .. welcome to the forum!

As with Mary, the name jumped out at me .. lol (only ale I ask for at my local)  cool

Enjoy ur stay here .. lots of kewl topics .. lots of awesome people!  smile

ps: Checked out ur web addy .. great stuff .. thanks for posting!

Cheers!

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Buzzy wrote:

Hey Red Label .. welcome to the forum!

As with Mary, the name jumped out at me .. lol (only ale I ask for at my local)  cool

Enjoy ur stay here .. lots of kewl topics .. lots of awesome people!  smile

ps: Checked out ur web addy .. great stuff .. thanks for posting!

Cheers!

Thanks Buzzy! Looking forward to spending time here as I lurk a bit and get a feel for this "pub". LOL! I find that every web forum is like a different pub... each with their own vibe, characters, etc. big_smile

Red Label I listened to many of your creations.  Very enjoyable.  I think after you post more you should be able to link to your photos and or videos.   Sometimes the site thinks its spam or hackers

Welcome to the forum Red Label...cool that you found Joe and then this forum!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"