Topic: Howdy from OKC

My name is DD Rivers and I live in Oklahoma City. I recently found JB on YouTube and I am totally blown away! I decided to run out and buy all of his albums the I was surprised at the number of albums he has. Wow!

Then I found BCC, and exactly. How did I miss out on that? They were awesome!

I am also Floored by how gracious and accommodating JB is in his interviews, He seems like a genuinely nice person, which is rare for anybody these days. I get the feeling that he is a super likeable guy.

I guess my question is how do I go about getting all of his songs most effectively? I love live albums so if I buy the live albums are there other albums that should not be missed?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

2 (edited by Rusty 2014-05-03 06:47:51)

Re: Howdy from OKC

Welcome DD, from a another newbie. Seems like a lot of us discovered Joe on youtube. My discovery was a couple of years ago and I soon realized I liked watching him play almost as much as listening.  I bought the Royal Albert Hall DVD withing days of learning about Joe, then a few CD's, then saw him live, then bought the Tour de Force DVD box set. I just bought a Joe Bonamassa model Les Paul guitar that comes with 14 of his CD's, awesome, it fills in all the holes!

Welcome to the forum, you'll not find a better bunch of people anywhere.

Following is a complete list of Joe Bonamass CD's to avoid:

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Welcome to the forum!!  I am very new to JB and I was also introduced to the RAH DVD as my first JB experience.  My JB catalog is mostly live CDs but it continues to grow, including his fantastic studio efforts.  When I want to introduce someone else to JB's music, I will usually steer them towards "Live from Nowhere in Particular" and/or " Live from the Beacon Theatre" depending on the person and their tastes.  Great albums!!  And yes, I am going to use the term album!!  :-)

Again, welcome and as Rusty said, there is no bad Joe Bonamassa CD.  They are all fantastic!!

No chance for you. Once addicted it's a case of all or nothing and this isn't an option. Personally, all the live ones first... big_smile Oh and welcome  cool

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Rusty wrote:

Following is a complete list of Joe Bonamass CD's to avoid:

Totally!  You'll have them all before you know it.  You will not waste a penny, each one is a treasure!

Nice to have you with us, david!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Welcome to the group!!!

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

7 (edited by Buzzy 2014-05-03 15:47:30)

Howdy David

Ur story sounds so familiar .. lol

I always thought I was on top of the who's who in music .. then I found JB and had to ask myself if I had been living under a rock for the last 10 years .. lol

Welcome to the forum .. lots of wonderful folks here .. enjoy all the great topics! cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Welcome David!

Just keep buying...you'll be fine.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Welcome  what they all said is true, you have to get them all.  But a great starter kit is one of the live shows then see what songs on the live show you liked.  Ask us or research which song was on what studio album. I must admit I kind of started off with his newer stuff the first year then went back and found all his old stuff and love it all now. So cool to listen from the start and hear the progression of his playing and voice. Oh my.  As you can see I have it bad.