Re: Autograph?

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Joe Bonamassa (MOST treasured & CLEVERLY personalized by the man himself wink I know some people say you shouldn't ask for more than one, but I can 't help myself....I was good this last time and didn't ask, but I couldn't resist asking for another picture with him wink 
Carmine Rojas
Tal Bergman
Derek Sherinian
Bogie Bowles
Mark Epstein
Rick Melick
Sandi Thom at Madame JoJo's in London (took the poster off the wall as soon as I could sneak it)
Paul Rodgers - Many thanks to Shreddy for this one on a tshirts!!
Jason Bonham
G.H.
Graham Nash - He loved my Déjà Vu shirt! He said, "Now that's one really cool shirt!"
Shooter Jennings - Fun, interesting guy
Mark McGwire in his heyday on ball he gave to me after batting practice.
Albert Pujols
Donovan
Johnny Van Zant
Donnie Van Zant
Bela Fleck

Derek Trucks (At intermission at one of his shows and I was standing next to him at the merchandise table on the fan side of the table, being all casual "I love you!"  :emb "Why thank you mam' I'm glad you do!" )

Warren Haynes, Matt Abs, Danny Lewis, George a Porter,Jr.,Oteil Burbridge,Chuck Leavell  On beach ball, dollar bill...my husband was their chiropractor when they came to Des Moines in early 2001-2003, lots of Green Room time complete with lots of really cool storytelling, a "rock star kiss" and after show party in their suite...what happens in Des Moines,IA stays in Des Moines,IA lol

Bob Costas - Had just started my shift at the Iowa Cubs stadium and a man with shades walked past me and I thought to myself, "That looked like Bob Costas"  After game started guess who was up in the announcers booth! Bob Costas!  When he came down later to be seated guess who's section he was in? Moi!  When the game was over I asked the Cubs owner if it was okay if I asked him for an autograph, he said, "Well if you think you can get him to, go ahead!"  So all I had was a pencil and the game day info sheet. Feeling dorky I went up to him and apologized for the pencil and paper, he was so kind and said "A pencil works just fine honey!"  He asked my name and wrote me a personal message and chatted for awhile. Super nice guy!

John Fogerty - I didn't get his autograph but I did get to give him flowers at his show. I met his daughter beforehand and asked if she would give them to him. She said, "Wouldn't 't you like to do that yourself?"  I said yes and she directed me to a security guy at the stage. He told me to come to the stage on whatever song I wanted to, so I chose Lodi. When John got done singing he came over to me and bent down right in my face and said,'What's your name darlin'" I yelled "Patty" as the crowd was totally zonkers around me. He asked a couple of more times and the crowd yelled, "HER NAME IS PATTY!"  He went back to the mic stand and said, " Hey Everybody, these flowers are from Patty and she's standing right there!"  I just about died with excitement !

Rod Stewart - Once again, no autograph but had flowers and was right on catwalk when he came down into crowd. I gave him the flowers and he smiled big, said thank you and then did a bow towards me...heart melting....

Stephen Stills - I couldn't believe I forgot the flowers, but good fortune in that he came offstage afterwards and was greeting fans.  I was shaking his hand as he was talking to me and then he laughed and said, "Honey, I 'm going to need my hand back!"  Guess I held on a little too long lol

Paul McCartney - I brought flowers, was told I couldn't bring them in arena....so my sad face and a little "storytelling" on my part wink I got into the arena with them and then went thru 3 more conversations until security said,"See that security guy down front, he's your man!"  So at one point in the show when Paul was solo, they opened a gate and I was literally standing at his feet! I saw him REALLY UPCLOSE and my flowers were shaking and I was crying and I even had one of my old Beatle cards in my pocket for good luck.  Then the tide turned lol  Paul's security monster- guy was standing next to me, whispering "Who let you in here?" I whispered back, "Security did!"  He then proceeded to tell me that I couldn't be in there and I was asking about my flowers??? He said he would give them to Paul later and I started crying ( mainly because he scared me) and he the said, "Alright, I'll lay them on the edge of the middle of the stage!" And he did, and at the end of the show, Paul went over and picked up my flowers and waved them back & forth up in the air!  This was so surreal an experience for me because I was such. Beatle fan when I was a kid. My Mom even let me get a Beatle haircut wink. I honestly never thought in a million years that I would ever get to see a Beatle...lifelong dreams do come true smile

Carol Burnett - No autograph but I did get to meet her, hug her, sit next to her, chat with her, have my picture taken with her. She came to the a Civic Center where I work and she had us come early to rehearse our parts for her show. After that she very sweetly said, " Now I want to personally meet all of you!"   Totally unbelievable to be sitting next go Carol Burnett and having a funny conversation with her smile

Keith Urban sigh.... wink  Went to see him with a friend at the arena. She was apologizing for our seats which were a little high up on the side. I thought they were just fine and they turned out to be more than just fine! He is constantly interacting with fans thruout his show. He had done what we thought was going to be the last song and then we couldn't figure out where he had gone to....the next thing I knew a table was set up next to me, then a mike stand and then KEITH URBAN WAS STANDING ON THE TABLE RIGHT NEXT TO ME PLAYING AND SINGING!  No autograph, but got to shake his hand and multiple high fives!!!!!! 

Lewis Black - also came to the Civic Center and I had gotten my son Bobby a ticket, lucky 2nd row right in front of Lewis. I was working.  They announced Lewis would be doing autographs in the lobby after the show.  Bobby didn't want to stay after, wanted to get back home to his girlfriend at the time.  I had brought along a change of clothes and took a chance and asked my boss if I could get in line for an autograph for Bobby. (Working there we are not to approach stars,etc...). Since I was in street clothes and agreed to be the very last person in line he said yes! So when I got in front of Lewis, I explained to him that it was for my son. He then went into a whole mini routine that had everyone around rolling on the floor. Here is the conversation I had with him: 
Patty: Could I get your autograph for my son?
Lewis: Where is the little f*****?
Patty:  He wanted to get back to see his girlfriend!"
Lewis: Well,well,well... (then wags his notorious finger at me and his eyes light up) I'll give the little f***** my autograph !

To Bobby!
Your mother is too f***ing nice to you!
YOU PRICK!!
Sincerely,
Lewis Black

Imagine Bobby's face when I came home and said, I have a personal message to you from Lewis!  lol Talk about PRICELESS!!!

Blue Man Group - I actually got to be a part of their 7 shows when in Des Moines, got to have my picture with them all, got a blue dot on my face and actually got to talk with them. They do not talk at all during show or when they meet fans..silence. Really fun for me!!

Was at John Mellencamp concert at arena and a girl (possibly his daughter) came up to me out of the blue and asked if I wanted to wear a Golden All Access Pass!!!!  Why of course I did and went right down front and ended up in the most craziest group of people...I didn't know my body could contort in so many ways........ lol

Flowers to George Strait, a smile and thank you.

The first autographs I ever got as a child were Festus from the TV show Gunsmoke. And we used to watch all star wrestling on tv and one time my Mom took us to see them LIVE. There were two of my favorites there "The Crusher" and his cousin "Dick, The Bruiser" Also got Igor's!  That's kind of where it all started for me...... I was very very shy when I was younger and then I'm not sure what happened to me....my philosophy...the worst they can say is no wink

That's about  all I can remember right now..not sure why I wrote all this......... lol

pattyluvsjoe smile

Patty, you're a fan's fan and a groupie's groupie! cool

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Joe Bonamassa (MOST treasured & CLEVERLY personalized by the man himself wink I know some people say you shouldn't ask for more than one, but I can 't help myself....I was good this last time and didn't ask, but I couldn't resist asking for another picture with him wink 
Carmine Rojas
Tal Bergman
Derek Sherinian
Bogie Bowles
Mark Epstein
Rick Melick
Sandi Thom at Madame JoJo's in London (took the poster off the wall as soon as I could sneak it)
Jason Bonham
G.H.
Graham Nash - He loved my Déjà Vu shirt! He said, "Now that's one really cool shirt!"
Albert Pujols
Donovan
Johnny Van Zant
Donnie Van Zant
Bela Fleck

Derek Trucks (At intermission at one of his shows and I was standing next to him at the merchandise table on the fan side of the table, being all casual "I love you!"  :emb "Why thank you mam' I'm glad you do!" )

Warren Haynes, Matt Abs, Danny Lewis, George a Porter,Jr.,Oteil Burbridge,Chuck Leavell  On beach ball, dollar bill...my husband was their chiropractor when they came to Des Moines in early 2001-2003, lots of Green Room time complete with lots of really cool storytelling, a "rock star kiss" and after show party in their suite...what happens in Des Moines,IA stays in Des Moines,IA lol

Bob Costas - Had just started my shift at the Iowa Cubs stadium and a man with shades walked past me and I thought to myself, "That looked like Bob Costas"  After game started guess who was up in the announcers booth! Bob Costas!  When he came down later to be seated guess who's section he was in? Moi!  When the game was over I asked the Cubs owner if it was okay if I asked him for an autograph, he said, "Well if you think you can get him to, go ahead!"  So all I had was a pencil and the game day info sheet. Feeling dorky I went up to him and apologized for the pencil and paper, he was so kind and said "A pencil works just fine honey!"  He asked my name and wrote me a personal message and chatted for awhile. Super nice guy!

John Fogerty - I didn't get his autograph but I did get to give him flowers at his show. I met his daughter beforehand and asked if she would give them to him. She said, "Wouldn't 't you like to do that yourself?"  I said yes and she directed me to a security guy at the stage. He told me to come to the stage on whatever song I wanted to, so I chose Lodi. When John got done singing he came over to me and bent down right in my face and said,'What's your name darlin'" I yelled "Patty" as the crowd was totally zonkers around me. He asked a couple of more times and the crowd yelled, "HER NAME IS PATTY!"  He went back to the mic stand and said, " Hey Everybody, these flowers are from Patty and she's standing right there!"  I just about died with excitement !

Rod Stewart - Once again, no autograph but had flowers and was right on catwalk when he came down into crowd. I gave him the flowers and he smiled big, said thank you and then did a bow towards me...heart melting....

Stephen Stills - I couldn't believe I forgot the flowers, but good fortune in that he came offstage afterwards and was greeting fans.  I was shaking his hand as he was talking to me and then he laughed and said, "Honey, I 'm going to need my hand back!"  Guess I held on a little too long lol

Paul McCartney - I brought flowers, was told I couldn't bring them in arena....so my sad face and a little "storytelling" on my part wink I got into the arena with them and then went thru 3 more conversations until security said,"See that security guy down front, he's your man!"  So at one point in the show when Paul was solo, they opened a gate and I was literally standing at his feet! I saw him REALLY UPCLOSE and my flowers were shaking and I was crying and I even had one of my old Beatle cards in my pocket for good luck.  Then the tide turned lol  Paul's security monster- guy was standing next to me, whispering "Who let you in here?" I whispered back, "Security did!"  He then proceeded to tell me that I couldn't be in there and I was asking about my flowers??? He said he would give them to Paul later and I started crying ( mainly because he scared me) and he the said, "Alright, I'll lay them on the edge of the middle of the stage!" And he did, and at the end of the show, Paul went over and picked up my flowers and waved them back & forth up in the air!  This was so surreal an experience for me because I was such. Beatle fan when I was a kid. My Mom even let me get a Beatle haircut wink. I honestly never thought in a million years that I would ever get to see a Beatle...lifelong dreams do come true smile

Carol Burnett - No autograph but I did get to meet her, hug her, sit next to her, chat with her, have my picture taken with her. She came to the a Civic Center where I work and she had us come early to rehearse our parts for her show. After that she very sweetly said, " Now I want to personally meet all of you!"   Totally unbelievable to be sitting next go Carol Burnett and having a funny conversation with her smile

Keith Urban sigh.... wink  Went to see him with a friend at the arena. She was apologizing for our seats which were a little high up on the side. I thought they were just fine and they turned out to be more than just fine! He is constantly interacting with fans thruout his show. He had done what we thought was going to be the last song and then we couldn't figure out where he had gone to....the next thing I knew a table was set up next to me, then a mike stand and then KEITH URBAN WAS STANDING ON THE TABLE RIGHT NEXT TO ME PLAYING AND SINGING!  No autograph, but got to shake his hand and multiple high fives!!!!!! 

Lewis Black - also came to the Civic Center and I had gotten my son Bobby a ticket, lucky 2nd row right in front of Lewis. I was working.  They announced Lewis would be doing autographs in the lobby after the show.  Bobby didn't want to stay after, wanted to get back home to his girlfriend at the time.  I had brought along a change of clothes and took a chance and asked my boss if I could get in line for an autograph for Bobby. (Working there we are not to approach stars,etc...). Since I was in street clothes and agreed to be the very last person in line he said yes! So when I got in front of Lewis, I explained to him that it was for my son. He then went into a whole mini routine that had everyone around rolling on the floor. Here is the conversation I had with him: 
Lewis: Well,well,well... (then wags his notorious finger at me and his eyes light up) I'll give the little f***** my autograph !

To Bobby!
YOU PRICK!!
Sincerely,
Lewis Black

Imagine Bobby's face when I came home and said, I have a personal message to you from Lewis!  lol Talk about PRICELESS!!!

Blue Man Group - I actually got to be a part of their 7 shows when in Des Moines, got to have my picture with them all, got a blue dot on my face and actually got to talk with them. They do not talk at all during show or when they meet fans..silence. Really fun for me!!

Was at John Mellencamp concert at arena and a girl (possibly his daughter) came up to me out of the blue and asked if I wanted to wear a Golden All Access Pass!!!!  Why of course I did and went right down front and ended up in the most craziest group of people...I didn't know my body could contort in so many ways........ lol

The first autographs I ever got as a child were Festus from the TV show Gunsmoke. And we used to watch all star wrestling on tv and one time my Mom took us to see them LIVE. There were two of my favorites there "The Crusher" and his cousin "Dick, The Bruiser" Also got Igor's!  That's kind of where it all started for me...... I was very very shy when I was younger and then I'm not sure what happened to me....my philosophy...the worst they can say is no wink

That's about  all I can remember right now..not sure why I wrote all this......... lol

pattyluvsjoe smile

Thanks for sharing Patty

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

You have really come into contact with some amazing and inspiring people.  I am glad you shared.  I think the most famous person I have come into contact with was Jimmy Buffett and that was in the context of a local bar down in big pine key where I am from.

Wow Patty! That list is quite impressive! So many awesome memories smile

Great post Patty!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

cindyron wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Carmine Rojas
Tal Bergman
Derek Sherinian
Bogie Bowles
Mark Epstein
Rick Melick
Jason Bonham
G.H.
Albert Pujols
Donovan
Johnny Van Zant
Donnie Van Zant
Bela Fleck

To Bobby!
YOU PRICK!!
Sincerely,
Lewis Black

pattyluvsjoe smile

Thanks for sharing Patty

.......is that all.......?  smile smile don't know that many people in my life!  Great stories,patty,a life well spent!

Come on you Blades!