1 (edited by Buzzy 2014-04-05 18:24:35)

Topic: BonaMaritimer

Hi folks

Thought I might check in here and say hello.

I'm a 54 year east coast Canadian with a relatively short history (2 years) with the man. My first question would be why none of u emailed me 10 years ago to tell me about this lad eh .. lol.

I gotta say, if it wasnt for UTube, we wouldnt be havin this conversation. After first stumbling on to the Rotterdam, North Sea Jazz Festivals (2007 & 2009) and then the Rockpalast show (2006), I was hooked .. big time. There aint a day goes by that I dont have him tuned in while driving or sitting at home chillin next to the Cerwin Vegas. I've snagged a library of music from the local HMV (which had to be ordered), and from the JB store.

I can also say that the friendly staff (Tamara specifically) at J&R Adventures is second to none. I'm still trying to get hold of those two Rotterdam DVD's (hint hint .. lol). I so look forward to the new release as well.

Now, I could go on and on about just how much I love this music, his collaborations, etc, etc, etc, but I'm sure ya'll feel the same way eh .. lol. Everyone I know has at some time or another heard me say, "Hey, check this out!"  .. I just wish more of the masses could hear what I hear .. lol.

When I read Joe had some Canadian dates for 2014, of course I jumped all over it. Back in October of last year, I booked my flight and seats to the Sony Centre in Toronto, Canada. My brother lives there, so I got him a ticket, and I'll be draggin him along with me .. lol. This will be my first Joe Bonamassa live show, and I'm sure ya'll know how that feels. So there I will be, sportin my JB t-shirt and grinnin like the rest of 'em .. lol.

*Shout out to Kevin and Joe* .. I'm not knocking the set arrangements for this show, but I would sure love it if u could manage to scale back somewhere and allot a mere five minutes to include at least one of my faves in the electric set (hint hint .. lol), Further On Up The Road, So Its Like That, Last Kiss, the fun tunes that make my feet move without thought .. lol

Okay, I wont bore ya'll any longer .. have an awesome day eh!

Keep the Blues Alive! cool

With thanks,
Buzz

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Re: BonaMaritimer

Welcome Buzz!  I just sent a welcome to a new member from Sri Lanka, the other side of the world!  Now I send one next door.  Cool!

YouTube did it for me too.  Huge Zeppelin fan, Tea For One, Joe's cover...SOLD.

I'm not going to say that I hope you enjoy your first Joe show, it's just a given that you will.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

MINI_Zoso wrote:

Welcome Buzz!  I just sent a welcome to a new member from Sri Lanka, the other side of the world!  Now I send one next door.  Cool!

Thanks Steve .. small world eh Brother. I'm in SJ cool

Other side of the globe or down the road .. music is the international language .. lol

Loved your intro.  Welcome to a group of good folks that love good music

Buzzy wrote:

Other side of the globe or down the road .. music is the international language .. lol

Welcome to Bonamassaville, Buzz! Great introduction...

You're absolutely right that music transcends language barriers...and thank goodness for that!  wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

wvgirlinky wrote:

Loved your intro.  Welcome to a group of good folks that love good music

Thank u so much .. appreciate the warm welcome cool

Coach305 wrote:

Welcome to Bonamassaville, Buzz! Great introduction...

You're absolutely right that music transcends language barriers...and thank goodness for that!  wink

Right on Coach! .. thank u .. appreciate the welcome! cool

Welcome to the group.......enjoy the topics

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

welcome to all things Joe
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Haha...welcome to the forum Buzz, you sound like you'll fit right in.
I'd love to hear about your first live show...please come back and tell us about it.
I always enjoy hearing those "first show" stories!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

airportdon wrote:

Welcome to the group.......enjoy the topics

Thanks Don ..
Yes, a work in progress .. read lots of interesting information thus far

cindyron wrote:

welcome to all things Joe
cheers Ron

Cheers Ron .. appreciate the welcome cool

Bill S wrote:

Haha...welcome to the forum Buzz, you sound like you'll fit right in.
I'd love to hear about your first live show...please come back and tell us about it.
I always enjoy hearing those "first show" stories!

Fit right in eh .. lol
Thanks Bill .. appreciate the welcome cool
Oh, for sure u'll hear about my 1st show .. u and everyone else I run into .. prolly wont be able to shut up about it .. lol
May 24th aint that far off .. gettin anxious .. that 'lil kid at Christmas' feelin

Cant believe I just said that .. lol

Welcome Buzzy!  You will have the ride of your life here.   I envy you your first live show experience, it will leave you speechless for days!

The people here are the best!  Kind, warm, honest and generous.  I look forward to the time when I can visit often again.

I am an old school cowgirl who has to ride a much different trail for now, but so glad I stopped by today and could say welcome to you!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

tahoerimriders wrote:

Welcome Buzzy!  You will have the ride of your life here.   I envy you your first live show experience, it will leave you speechless for days!

The people here are the best!  Kind, warm, honest and generous.  I look forward to the time when I can visit often again.

I am an old school cowgirl who has to ride a much different trail for now, but so glad I stopped by today and could say welcome to you!

Thank u so much Jo .. appreciate it

So glad u stopped by today also cool

Buzzy wrote:
tahoerimriders wrote:

Thank u so much Jo .. appreciate it

So glad u stopped by today also cool

Hay Buzzy!  Glad to connect!  I will be signing off now, but SO GLAD to meet you and you will LOVE IT here!  Hold down the ranch until I can get back this way!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

Hi there Buzzy, so glad you found us!  Enjoy these great fans.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:

Hi there Buzzy, so glad you found us!  Enjoy these great fans.

Thanks a bunch Sally .. been fun thus far cool